Windows 10: Turn On or Off Battery Saver in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Battery Saver in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Battery Saver in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Battery Saver in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new battery saver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by adamf, Feb 22, 2015.

1. adamf Win User

Turn On or Off Battery Saver in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Battery Saver in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Battery Saver in Windows 10

Windows 10 introduces a new battery saver feature that conserves your PC's battery by limiting background activity and adjusting hardware settings. Battery saver will turn on automatically if you like, but you can also turn it on manually.

You can also add or remove apps to an always allowed list to always run in the background, even when Batter Saver is on.

By default, battery saver is turned off unless you manually turn on battery saver, or you have battery saver set to automatically turn on when your battery falls below a percentage you set.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off battery saver for your user account to conserve your PC's battery in Windows 10.

*tip Here are some things you can do to extend your PCs battery life.

*Arrow Battery saving tips - Microsoft

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Manually Turn On or Off Battery Saver in Action Center
    • Option One: To Manually Turn On or Off Battery Saver in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Automatic Battery Saver in Settings

EXAMPLE: Battery Saver currently On or Off
    *note This is for the battery system icon.

Turn On or Off Battery Saver in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Manually Turn On or Off Battery Saver in Action Center
    1. While your PC is running on battery power, open the Action Center (Win+A).

2. Click/tap on the Battery saver action button to toggle it on or off for what you want. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Turn On or Off Battery Saver in Settings
    1. While your PC is running on battery power, open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Battery on the left side, and turn on or off Battery saver status until next charge for what you want. (see screenshot below)

*note The Battery saver status until next charge setting will be grayed out if the PC is currently plugged in to AC.

3. Check (default) or uncheck the Lower screen brightness while in battery saver box for what you want.

4. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Turn On or Off Automatic Battery Saver in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Do step 3 (on) or step 4 (off) below for what you would like to do.

3. To Turn On Automatic Battery Saver
    *note This is the default setting with a 20% battery level.
    A) Click/tap on Battery on the left side, and check the Turn battery saver on automatically if my battery falls below: box. (see screenshot below)

B) Adjust the slider to the battery percentage level you want.

C) Check (default) or uncheck the Lower screen brightness while in battery saver box for what you want.

D) Go to step 5 below.

4. To Turn Off Automatic Battery Saver
    A) Click/tap on Battery on the left side, uncheck the Turn battery saver on automatically if my battery falls below box, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

5. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

adamf, Feb 22, 2015
  2. dokmm Win User

Windows update problem due to Battery Saver

i'm using a windows 10 laptop and i'm unable to do windows update it gives me this message; battery saver is turned on so we've paused downloads. We'll start downloading when battery saver is turned off. The thing is my laptop is plugged in to power so
    battery saver is not turned on. Please help

dokmm, Feb 22, 2015
  3. willias7 Win User
    Windows 10 won't update

I went to check my updates and it said that there is a culmative patch 1511 for Windows 10 x64 but it says it won't start until the battery saver is turned off. The problem is that the battery saver is turned off!!! Help me on this issue.

Thanks

willias7, Feb 22, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hey Adam,

I'm afraid there's not much more information on this feature other than it works by limiting the background activity on your device when the mode is activated.

Brink, Feb 22, 2015
  5. adamf Win User
    I'm going to leave it turned on then and see what doesn't happen *Smile

Lenovo used to have a feature called battery stretch which would dim your screen, throttle CPU, turn off selected wireless, Bluetooth, keyboard backlight, etc. It was pretty useful - it would be good if something similar turns up for this...

adamf, Feb 22, 2015
  6. Shawn,

I don't see this Battery Saver option in Settings. Is this because I've got W10 in a VM?

SaggyMaggyPoo, Mar 5, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Maggi,

Yeah, your PC would have to have a battery to have this feature, and a VM wouldn't. *Sad

Brink, Mar 5, 2015
  8. Turn On or Off Battery Saver in Windows 10

Oh well, something for me to look forward to then.

SaggyMaggyPoo, Mar 5, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Tutorial updated to add OPTION FOUR to add or remove apps to always allow them to run in the background, even when Battery Saver is on. *Smile

Brink, May 1, 2015
  10. loosus456 Win User
    applies to all users? ?

loosus456, May 2, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Bobby,

Nope. Battery Saver is a per user account setting. *Smile

Brink, May 2, 2015
  12. loosus456 Win User
    thanks for your info. I will hope that there will be GPEDIT for this feature! !

loosus456, May 2, 2015
  13. front360 Win User

Does anyone else NOT have Option Three in Power Options? I'm running Win10 x64 10586.17 version 1511. Thanks in advance.

front360, Dec 4, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello front360,

It's not just you. It appears this setting has been removed from Power Options.

Tutorial updated now to remove the old OPTION THREE.

Brink, Dec 4, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Battery Saver in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Battery

2. When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...: For my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5i, I have these battery saver set so that it turns on at 20% and lowers the brightness of my screen when it turns on.Then, whenever I plug it in to charge, the battery saver turns off--this is normalMy main issue is that when the battery...
  3. When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...: For my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5i, I have these battery saver set so that it turns on at 20% and lowers the brightness of my screen when it turns on.Then, whenever I plug it in to charge, the battery saver turns off--this is normalMy main issue is that when the battery...
  4. Battery Saver is not turning off when charger plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Saver is not turning off when charger plugged in: When I plug in my charger, the battery saver option is disabled. As my system charges to 100%, it shows as turned on and it won't turn off. How do I fix this?...
  5. Battery Saver is not turning off when charger plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Saver is not turning off when charger plugged in: When I plug in my charger, the battery saver option is disabled. As my system charges to 100%, it shows as turned on and it won't turn off. How do I fix this?...
  6. Windows battery saver turns on at random percentages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows battery saver turns on at random percentages: Every day my battery saver used to turn on at 40%. I would click on the battery icon, go to the battery settings, and manually change it to 20% and it would wait until 20% to turn back on. The next day it would revert back to 40% again and I would have to manually change it...
  7. Screen saver turning off

Screen saver turning off: This is really confusing me. So, for some reason, my screen saver keeps turning itself off. As in, it sets itself to "none." then I have to set it back up. It seems to do this randomly. Anyone have any advice?...
  8. Can't turn battery saver off

Can't turn battery saver off: when my laptop is unplugged, even if it has 100%, the battery saver is on. I switch it to off in settings, then it automatically resets to on, and I cant switch it off....
  9. Unable to turn off Battery saver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to turn off Battery saver: Hello guys, i can*t turn off the battery saver..do u know why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-off-battery-saver/2fcc8775-4013-4054-9b22-727bfcd2fdd6
  10. battery saver not turning on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery saver not turning on windows 10: Battery saver not turning on in my windows 10 laptop. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver-not-turning-on-windows-10/d6a82592-0118-49a1-9950-8f9262094505

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Battery Saver Turn Off Window 10

2. battery saver is not on