Windows 10: orange screen

Discus and support orange screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; april update caused orange screen. it went away once, but came back when I started computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by francescarlsson, May 13, 2020.

1. orange screen

april update caused orange screen. it went away once, but came back when I started computer

:)

francescarlsson, May 13, 2020

2. Orange screen of death

I just got the orange screen of death at startup this week. When I tried just entering my password, the screen went black and then back to the orange screen with white stripes. Are there other suggestions for getting past this?

Ron Hanson, May 13, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 13, 2020
  4. orange screen

Windows 10 - stuck on orange screen with white circling dots

This PC is not part of a domain, and I never get to a login screen; only the orange screen above.

Your linked instructions for Safe Mode are not useful in my situation, as they assume I can boot
    normally into the system and then set an option to boot to safe mode. There is a way to boot to safe mode without the ability to boot normally but it is well hidden and complex - I will detail it below for future readers of this thread.

Your suggestion regarding Clean Boot is also not applicable. The instructions show how to disable services and startup items for third party applications. However, as I stated in my original post, I Reset Windows 10 so there are no third party
    services or startup items. Never the less, I went through the steps and the results are the same - orange screen with white circling dots.

Finally, your suggestion regarding creating a new user account is again not applicable. I have multiple accounts on this PC. As I never am presented with a login screen, I cannot utilize any of them.

I await your next repair step…

For readers who are unable to boot normally and wish to boot to safe mode (only try this if you are technically advanced):

• Boot to a Windows 10 installation disk
    • Go to Troubleshoot – Advanced Options – DOS Prompt (one might wonder why “Boot to Safe Mode” is not available in Advanced Options!)
    • Follow the instructions here: Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10

Mike-Kremer, May 13, 2020
Thema:

orange screen

1. orange screen - Similar Threads - orange screen

2. PC wont boot after orange screen of death.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC wont boot after orange screen of death.: Hi, my laptop had an orange screen of death with the error code:UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. It turned off and now it's not doing anything after touching the power button. A week prior to this I tried to takeout my RAM and insert it back no particular reason why. I think this...
  3. PC wont boot after orange screen of death.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wont boot after orange screen of death.: Hi, my laptop had an orange screen of death with the error code:UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. It turned off and now it's not doing anything after touching the power button. A week prior to this I tried to takeout my RAM and insert it back no particular reason why. I think this...
  4. PC wont boot after orange screen of death.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What is this orange screen and why did it cause a windows boot error?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is this orange screen and why did it cause a windows boot error?: My PC originally started doing this thing where it would flash a orange screen but then I hard booted it off and everything was fine fast forward to now I was watching a video when all the sudden the orange screen popped up again I once again hard booted it off and when I...
  6. What is this orange screen and why did it cause a windows boot error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this orange screen and why did it cause a windows boot error?: My PC originally started doing this thing where it would flash a orange screen but then I hard booted it off and everything was fine fast forward to now I was watching a video when all the sudden the orange screen popped up again I once again hard booted it off and when I...
  7. What is this orange screen and why did it cause a windows boot error?

8. Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup: I'm having trouble running Windows 10 on my desktop. I was watching a video on chrome and it suddenly shows me blue screen error and I restarted it after some long gap like 8 or 10 hours, it works well but after using it for 30 After 45 minutes it shows me blue screen error...
  9. Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup

Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup: I'm having trouble running Windows 10 on my desktop. I was watching a video on chrome and it suddenly shows me blue screen error and I restarted it after some long gap like 8 or 10 hours, it works well but after using it for 30 After 45 minutes it shows me blue screen error...
  10. Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade