Windows 10: Ordered new latop. Should i update to 1903 first?

Discus and support Ordered new latop. Should i update to 1903 first? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just ordered a new laptop and will be home in a few days. Windows 10 Home included, but i am not sure which version of windows 10, its either 1803 or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mikelferdinan, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Ordered new latop. Should i update to 1903 first?

I just ordered a new laptop and will be home in a few days. Windows 10 Home included, but i am not sure which version of windows 10, its either 1803 or 1809. Should i update it to 1903 before doing anything else, like installing games, apps and etc ?

:)

mikelferdinan, Aug 20, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 20, 2019
  3. MJLONGLEY Win User
    Windows 10 1903 update - resulting problems

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for the rapid response.

Your suggested actions are very technical - hardly for 'the man in the street'

'

If I understand correctly, in simple terms, you are suggesting changing the path/method of obtaining the 1903 update but still installing it anyway -

Surely if the problem is actually with the 1903 update then the result will be the same problems irrespective of how it is applied?

Please could you clarify in simple terms, step by step, what your suggested actions actually do and how this may solve the problem.

Thanks,

Mike Longley.

MJLONGLEY, Aug 20, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Ordered new latop. Should i update to 1903 first?

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Ordered new latop. Should i update to 1903 first?

1. Ordered new latop. Should i update to 1903 first? - Similar Threads - Ordered latop Should

2. sfc or chkdsk - which should be first in order of maintenance?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc or chkdsk - which should be first in order of maintenance?: Every week I run standard maintenance procedures. First, I run a chkdsk and then reboot to complete the process. Then, I use sfc /scannow to verify the system files When required, I use DISM to repair. Since the DOS days, chkdsk was the utility for disk and file allocation...
  3. New cumulative and 1909 updates failed first time this has happened. I am 1903

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New cumulative and 1909 updates failed first time this has happened. I am 1903: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Azeuka [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dy3k1m/new_cumulative_and_1909_updates_failed_first_time/
  4. New Update 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Update 1903: A lot of us don't like the new update with the grayish-white taskbar, and menu. It so distracting it seems no cares for it. Does anyone know how we can let Microsoft know we would like it changed back? Any suggestions? Thanks, Carol...
  5. I need Winre.wim for Windows 1809 in order to update to windows 1903

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need Winre.wim for Windows 1809 in order to update to windows 1903: I'm trying to update to Windows 10. Unfortunately, every time I try to update, I get these errors: Error retrieving setup platform result: [0x80070002] into: Reporting post reboot event -> [0xC1900101, 0x40017] Now I was wondering what were the cause, and I think I've...
  6. Should I avoid 1903?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I avoid 1903?: I've been trying to get the upgrade to work, but now I just see complaints from people who upgraded. It seems like I should just hide from the Upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-avoid-1903/7c283bcf-be6f-4bd1-971e-03054cceaa9e
  7. When should I expect update to 1903 via Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    When should I expect update to 1903 via Windows Update: Hi everyone. I was just wondering when I might expect to be offered the latest (1903) update. Thanks, Mark 133590
  8. When should I expect update to 1903 via Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    When should I expect update to 1903 via Windows Update: Hi everyone. I was just wondering when I might expect to be offered the latest (1903) update. Thanks, Mark 133590
  9. Should update assistant be used for 1903 update or not?

Should update assistant be used for 1903 update or not?: I want to update my PC with the latest May 1903 update available on Microsoft official website but the windows automatic update has not prompted to install this update yet. When i installed the Windows update assistant and ran it manually then it checked for 1903 and asked to...
  10. Which should I install first?

Which should I install first?: I just installed W10 and now confused which I installed first. Mother Board Driver or Video Card Driver? *Think*Think*Think 119868