Windows 10: Original windows 10 disc

Discus and support Original windows 10 disc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got windows 10 on my usb memory stick, but im thinking about getting a windows 10 installation disc in case the memory stick should break or stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cerawy, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Cerawy Win User

Original windows 10 disc

I got windows 10 on my usb memory stick, but im thinking about getting a windows 10 installation disc in case the memory stick should break or stop working for whatever reason.. what do you guys think?

also, where can i buy the original disc? so far this is what i found.

:)

Cerawy, Mar 15, 2018

2. Error 0x8004005 while creating a recovery Disc

Original Title: Recovery disc

system recovery disc could not be created unspecified error 0x8004005 windows 10

barrymartin vw, Mar 15, 2018
  3. New windows 10 Dell computer very slow. How is disc clean up performed with windows 10

<Original title: Disc clean up>

New windows 10 Dell computer very slow. How is disc clean up performed with windows 10

johnCummins9977, Mar 15, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Original windows 10 disc

You can freely download Win 10 whenever you want. You can get the latest version- you can get previous builds. And every 6 months or so the build changes, so you need a new one. (Or at least once you need to download the newest).

dalchina, Mar 15, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 15, 2018
  6. Dch525 Win User
    He said he already had it on a usb stick but wanted it on a disc. The downloaded .iso can also be easily burned to a DVD with a burner app or even Windows itself. The problem would be if he doesn't have a burner drive.

Dch525, Mar 15, 2018
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    For a second USB as a backup. *Wink

Brink, Mar 15, 2018
  8. Cerawy Win User

Original windows 10 disc

Yes thanks, i know. I already got it on USB.

Yes exactly. But i dont have a DVD burner. That's why i want to buy the windows 10 CD.

I already have enough USB sticks laying around.

Cerawy, Mar 15, 2018
  9. Dch525 Win User
    For you to buy a full Windows 10 disc, you'd either have to pay full price or have someone burn one for you. It's legal to download and burn one since to install it from that disc, you need your key or license. A disk burned by someone else would be okay to use as far as I know.

Dch525, Mar 15, 2018
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Cerawy,

Personally, I prefer using a Windows 10 installation USB since it would be more reliable and faster than a DVD.

In fact, retail boxes of Windows 10 come with an installation USB now instead of DVD.

If you still prefer a DVD, then you could burn one from an ISO file on a friend's computer that has a DVD burner.

Brink, Mar 15, 2018
  11. Cerawy Win User
    So you can't buy a windows 10 cd seperately? What about the one i found?

Yes, i use a usb installation for windows as well, my concern is if the usb memory stick breaks or stops working, then i wont be able to install windows.

That's a bit of a hassle, I'd prefer to just buy it.

Cerawy, Mar 15, 2018
  12. AddRAM Win User
    You keep mentioning "CD" Windows does not fit or come on a CD.

Yes, you can buy it if you want, but you are wasting your money.

And you`d have to be certain it was a DVD before you make a purchase.

It would be much cheaper to buy a dvd burner and blank dvd`s.

Windows 7, 8 and 10 Home and Professional - Newegg.com

The beauty of using a usb stick is, you can always download and create an installer with the latest version of W10, you can't do that with a DVD.

AddRAM, Mar 15, 2018
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Original windows 10 disc

You will always be able to download an ISO file and create a bootable Windows 10 installation USB from any computer.

You could create a second USB to have in case the first one should break or stop working.

Brink, Mar 15, 2018
  14. Cerawy Win User
    I already have enough USB memory sticks, I really dont want more laying around than I already got.

I see a few unlucky scenarios where this wouldn't be the case. Windows refuses to boot, the usb memory stick doesn't work or the backup fails. It would be really unlucky, yes, but in that case it might be good to have the installation cd.

What do you mean?

Cerawy, Mar 15, 2018
  15. AddRAM Win User
    I mean you can not create a W10 installer with a CD. You need a blank DVD.

The latest version of W10, the Fall Creators update, takes up 4.41GB of used space on one of my 16GB sticks.

And it takes up 95% of a blank 4.7GB (actually 4.38GB in Windows) DVD.

AddRAM, Mar 15, 2018
Thema:

Original windows 10 disc

1. Original windows 10 disc - Similar Threads - Original disc

2. How to set up a Webcam without its original driver disc? TeleMAX COMMUNICATIONS WC10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set up a Webcam without its original driver disc? TeleMAX COMMUNICATIONS WC10: I thrifted a TeleMAX WC10 from Value Village today because I needed a webcam, but when I plug it into my PC instead of it being plug'n'play it keeps telling me there isn't a driver available. I was wondering if I can use this without the driver, or if I can find it somewhere....
  3. How to set up a Webcam without its original driver disc? TeleMAX COMMUNICATIONS WC10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set up a Webcam without its original driver disc? TeleMAX COMMUNICATIONS WC10: I thrifted a TeleMAX WC10 from Value Village today because I needed a webcam, but when I plug it into my PC instead of it being plug'n'play it keeps telling me there isn't a driver available. I was wondering if I can use this without the driver, or if I can find it somewhere....
  4. How to set up a Webcam without its original driver disc? TeleMAX COMMUNICATIONS WC10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I need a copy of windows 98 se original install 3.5" disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need a copy of windows 98 se original install 3.5" disc: I need a copy of windows 98 se original install 3.5" disc, I have the book, original install cd, and product key certified by microsoft. I need to create a bootable Dos disk from win 98 to flash the bios on an older system because the motherboard usb ports do not work, All of...
  6. I need a copy of windows 98 se original install 3.5" disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need a copy of windows 98 se original install 3.5" disc: I need a copy of windows 98 se original install 3.5" disc, I have the book, original install cd, and product key certified by microsoft. I need to create a bootable Dos disk from win 98 to flash the bios on an older system because the motherboard usb ports do not work, All of...
  7. Brand new PC, original Windows 10 disc can't boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand new PC, original Windows 10 disc can't boot: Hello all I feel like I'm losing my mind... I'd really appreciate any help anyone can offer to help me with this issue. So I'm putting together a brand new PC, all components are new, nothing is from an existing PC. I am now trying to boot from the Windows 10 disc (an...
  8. Printer problems. Original disc wont download

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer problems. Original disc wont download: Printer problems. Original disc wont download. Printer problems started days ago. Have original disc. placed in "drawer" but download wont start...
  9. I have a AOEIII game i bought years ago in original packaging with original discs and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a AOEIII game i bought years ago in original packaging with original discs and...: I am running Windows 10 on Parallels on a Mac. I own this game and have all the packaging and original key inside the box. When I tried to install it, the key does not work....
  10. How do i restore windows with backup discs? I was able to get back to original windows 10,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i restore windows with backup discs? I was able to get back to original windows 10,...: How do i restore windows with backup discs? I was able to get back to original windows 10, i need the files off my backup discs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-windows-with-backup-discs-i-was/1cb0d271-e046-483c-be6c-7a3ab755e843