Windows 10: Outlook Desktop app crashing after the feature update 2004

Discus and support Outlook Desktop app crashing after the feature update 2004 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; after update to 2004, outlook desktop keeps freezing. I uninstall and reinstall the entire Office app but still same thing. I filed the bug on Feedback... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JJ Kim, May 19, 2020.

1. JJ Kim Win User

Outlook Desktop app crashing after the feature update 2004

after update to 2004, outlook desktop keeps freezing. I uninstall and reinstall the entire Office app but still same thing. I filed the bug on Feedback Hub but looks like there is no fix despite the numbers of report. Anyone else having similar issue or have solution yet? I now use mail app and calendar app separately or browser version, but still prefer to use desktop app... thanks in advance!

Outlook Desktop app crashing after the feature update 2004 0390ac53-88d7-460f-ab98-297b3cbe9a7d?upload=true.jpg

:)

JJ Kim, May 19, 2020

2. Update problem with outlook App

Assuming "outlook app" = Win10's Mail app...

Step 1: Make sure your computer is completely up to date.

• HOW TO Run a manual check for updates in Win10

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/check-for-and-install-windows-update-in-windows-10.8952/

Step 2: Open the Mail app and delete/remove all accounts.

• Go to settings.
    • Manage accounts.
    • Click on your account
    • Remove this account from your device
    • Delete
    Step 3: Restart your computer.

Step 4: Open the Mail app & recreate the account anew.

• Add account.
    • Click Microsoft account
    • Add the account.

PA Bear - MS MVP, May 19, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Announcing January feature update 16.21 (19011500) for Office for Mac

Source: Announcing January feature update for Office for Mac Version - Microsoft Community

Brink, May 19, 2020
  4. Outlook Desktop app crashing after the feature update 2004

Cannot sync Outlook on my desktop with my live account

Hello Schalk,

To better help you with your concern, kindly tell us which version of Outlook App are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below and check if the same thing will happen:

• Open the Outlook App in safe mode. Here are the steps:

1.1. Press Windows + R, type Outlook /safe, and then hit
      Enter.
    • Disable the Outlook connector and then re-enable it.
    You may also visit this link and follow the steps on how to sync your Outlook contacts to Windows Phone. This only applies to Windows Phone
    7 & 8 for Consumers.

Looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Outlook Desktop app crashing after the feature update 2004

1. Outlook Desktop app crashing after the feature update 2004 - Similar Threads - Outlook Desktop app

2. All desktop icons missing after feature update to W10, version 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    All desktop icons missing after feature update to W10, version 2004: The computer is a Surface, but I don't know which model. It belongs to a friend. It's the obvious obvious question, how to I recover the icons?...
  3. 2004 feature update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2004 feature update: have lenovo 310 desktop .have been trying for months to update to 2004 but with no success.have tried everything but no..it prepares =100%downloads 100%installs100% but fails on restart everytime. any suggestions please...
  4. Feature update 2004

Feature update 2004: Since installing feature update 2004 today nothing is working. Now what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-update-2004/277674a3-1ca6-4ffe-9a00-eb4e255e1759
  5. Feature Update 2004 - Broke Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature Update 2004 - Broke Remote Desktop: Hello all, I just wanted to mention this in case anyone else had troubles... I had a user update to Feature Update 2004 last week on Friday, and RDP broke completely. We'd attempt to connect, and the connection would spin and spin. Tried reboots, speed tests on their home...
  6. FEATURE UPDATE 2004

FEATURE UPDATE 2004: CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS THE SIZE OF THE LATEST WINDOWS 10 FEATURE UPDATE VERSION 2004? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-update-2004/214dc1f6-d6fa-4b68-b696-17d34d786cc4
  7. Outlook asking for password after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook asking for password after 2004 update: I have a user who has two computers, one Lenovo X1 Carbon and a Surface Pro. Both are set up the same way with a local user, Office apps through a 365 subscription, files synced to DropBox and so on. After he updated both machines to the 2004 update, Outlook keeps asking for...
  8. Feature update 2004

Feature update 2004: Why does Microsoft not bother to test their updates before releasing them? If they did there would be fewer problems such as 'Downloading 100%' not progressing. I used to be a programmer before retiring and I would have been sacked, or certainly demoted, if any of my...
  9. Globe after Feature Update 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Globe after Feature Update 2004: Greetings, I am having a somewhat widespread issue across multiple vendors with the new feature update 2004. I have an intermittent connectivity issue where the system thinks it doesn't have internet, so I get the globe. The internet is actually working fine, even though...
  10. Black desktop background after the latest Windows 10 Feature Update (2004)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black desktop background after the latest Windows 10 Feature Update (2004): I installed the latest Feature Update, and like many recent posts, I've had a few bugs to contend with. One issue I'd love to resolve is the black desktop background. Usually, I have a folder full of downloaded photos that the desktop cycles through. I'd previously confirmed...