Windows 10: Over 20 notifications default app has been reset

Discus and support Over 20 notifications default app has been reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been creating Windows 10 images for a while now. I have my set way of doing it. Recently, when a user signs on for the first time, there are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PaulaJava, Apr 25, 2020.

1. PaulaJava Win User

Over 20 notifications default app has been reset

I have been creating Windows 10 images for a while now. I have my set way of doing it. Recently, when a user signs on for the first time, there are over 20 notifications that a default app has been reset. So I clear all notifications and go to Settings > Apps feature > Default Apps > Reset to Microsoft recommended defaults. That seems to fix it for the user for now. My boss thinks it's me and my image. I am creating a new image and am going to try and make it so it doesn't do that as a part of the default profile. She wants me to figure out what the cause is. I just don't have the time to research it. Especially if there is a fix. Does anybody have this issue and know the cause?

I am working with Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019. I use the Microsoft deployment tools such as copyprofile to set the default profile. I am creating a brand new image and after running windows updates and signing into another profile it happened. With nothing installed. Just the OS and Updates. It can only be an update right?

I hope this is the right place to post this. And let me know if you want additional information. Everyone gets mad at me here because I didn't give some piece of information. Desperate for help.

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind. I found the tutorial: Fix An app default was reset Error in Windows 10

:)

PaulaJava, Apr 25, 2020
  2. PaulaJava Win User

I have been creating Windows 10 images for a while now. I have my set way of doing it. Recently, when a user signs on for the first time, there are over 20 notifications that a default app has been reset. So I clear all notifications and go to Settings > Apps feature > Default Apps > Reset to Microsoft recommended defaults. That seems to fix it for the user for now. My boss thinks it's me and my image. I am creating a new image and am going to try and make it so it doesn't do that as a part of the default profile. She wants me to figure out what the cause is. I just don't have the time to research it. Especially if there is a fix. Does anybody have this issue and know the cause?

I am working with Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019. I use the Microsoft deployment tools such as copyprofile to set the default profile. I am creating a brand new image and after running windows updates and signing into another profile it happened. With nothing installed. Just the OS and Updates. It can only be an update right?

I hope this is the right place to post this. And let me know if you want additional information. Everyone gets mad at me here because I didn't give some piece of information. Desperate for help.

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind. I found the tutorial: Fix An app default was reset Error in Windows 10

PaulaJava, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Rhazhiel Win User
    Repeated Notification "An app default was reset" for png files

Since about 3-4 days i have about 20 notifications with the header

"An app default was reset"

with the detail

"An App caused a problem with the default app setting for .png files so it was reset to Photos."

This is mildly annoying, but strange since

• I do not have any other application on this computer which could open pngs
    • and I do leave the the default application untouched

The computer is used to play steam games like "Fallout 4" and "Witcher 3".

Further I have Office 2016 on there which is ocasionally used (Word and Excel). Sometimes I watch movies with vlc.

The programs running in the background are "GoogleDrive", "Dropbox", "OneDrive", "SteamClient", "Avast Free Antivirus".

Any idea how to rid myself of this?

Thank you in advance!

Rhazhiel, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Over 20 notifications default app has been reset

Windows 10 Facebook and Messenger app not showing notifications

We appreciate you for providing the information to us.

If the Messenger app doesn't show on the list under Notifications & Actions, it's possible that there are too many apps that are using the push notification. There is a limit to the number of apps you have installed that has push notifications enabled. You
    may consider removing other apps that are not in use and check if it helps.

In addition, you can also try to check the Default App for Protocol to prioritize Messenger as the default. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

• Type Default app settings in the Search bar.
    • Click Choose default apps by protocol.
    • Look for the Messenger app then click on it.
    • Restart PC and check if it works.
    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Over 20 notifications default app has been reset - Similar Threads - notifications default app

2. No notification USB has been ejected

in Windows 10 Customization
    No notification USB has been ejected: When I used to eject my USB I knew that it was done because the screen closed down and I also heard a sound. Recently when I eject my USB nothing happens to notify me that I can remove it. I know that it is not a good idea to just remove it but in the meantime what should I...
  3. "An app default has reset" notifications after resetting Windows 10

"An app default has reset" notifications after resetting Windows 10: After resetting my HP laptop, it shows the "an app default has reset" notifications after doing tasks such as opening Edge for the first time, opening a PDF file for the first time, etc. I can seem to use the laptop normally despite the annoying notifications, so these could...
  4. App default was reset

App default was reset: Windows is showing App default was reset again and again , even though no changes were done by me then also it is showing notification as App default was reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-default-was-reset/8235d04e-8ce2-4eaa-88d4-d5012b6c5d14
  5. An app default was reset

An app default was reset: A few days ago this message appeared in my notification. An app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app setting for .raw so it was reset to Photos Now start up and sign in are sometime slow/sluggish and sometimes before sign in i get a momentary...
  6. An app default was reset notification error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    An app default was reset notification error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some Windows 10 PC users might be faced with the An app default was reset loop notifications popping up in the Action Center. You’ll notice the […] This article An app default was reset notification error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Over 20 notifications default app has been reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Over 20 notifications default app has been reset: I have been creating Windows 10 images for a while now. I have my set way of doing it. Recently, when a user signs on for the first time, there are over 20 notifications that a default app has been reset. So I clear all notifications and go to Settings > Apps feature >...
  8. "An App Default was Reset"

"An App Default was Reset": I would like to prevent Win10 from resetting my default apps for a given file extension. Either the chance to approve any changes to my default apps, such as we had in previous Windows versions, or to find the app reset "feature" and break it beyond repair disable it...
  9. App defaults resetting

App defaults resetting: How can I lock my defaults and prohibit Windows 10 from resetting them? Why isn't there a simple checkbox to lock defaults? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/app-defaults-resetting/77707996-8b34-444a-9c68-678d2dfebe69
  10. An App Default was Reset notification opens Settings - no information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An App Default was Reset notification opens Settings - no information: Hi, Action Centre has occasionally displayed one or several "An App Default was Reset /An app caused a problem with the default app" notifications. Clicking such a notification simply opens Settings. This I find particularly unhelpful. Have you seen this, and is...