Windows 10: Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching

Discus and support Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So my Laptop is on the latest update but one thing i noticed whenever i type in the search bar, the left part of the start menu goes missing (where the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MajorFoley, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching

So my Laptop is on the latest update but one thing i noticed whenever i type in the search bar, the left part of the start menu goes missing (where the sign in, settings and feedback buttons are when your searching for something) Instead it shows whatever is on the forefront of the desktop (either the desktop itself or a video etc) Any clue as to why this is happening?

:)

MajorFoley, Sep 24, 2019

2. Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching

Huh i thought my PC was at 1903 turns it its still on 1809, surprised microsoft hasn't prompted me to upgrade... Anyway yeah i have been confused because the laptop (bottom screenshot) different to PC (top screenshot) There anyway to get it kinda back to the 1809 look?

Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching [​IMG]

Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching [​IMG]

EDIT: Forgot to mention both search bars are hidden on both PC and laptop, kinda liked it just in start menu. I think its because they removed Cortana or something from the search bar right?

MajorFoley, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching

That is completely normal behaviour for 1903. As soon as you start typing the Start menu closes and is replaced by the Search window. If you have the search icon showing next to Start on the task bar you can open search directly and won't see the start menu at all.

Hide or Show Search Box or Search Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10

4. Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching

So my Laptop is on the latest update but one thing i noticed whenever i type in the search bar, the left part of the start menu goes missing (where the sign in, settings and feedback buttons are when your searching for something) Instead it shows whatever is on the forefront of the desktop (either the desktop itself or a video etc) Any clue as to why this is happening?

MajorFoley, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching - Similar Threads - Part start menu

2. Right-click menu missing a part

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu missing a part: It's missing a part which is transparent. My version is 22000.438. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu-missing-a-part/8fcb9457-a353-4df7-99f5-dad9d9242ba6
  3. Right-click menu missing a part

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click menu missing a part: It's missing a part which is transparent. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu-missing-a-part/8fcb9457-a353-4df7-99f5-dad9d9242ba6
  4. Apps missing from search and start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps missing from search and start menu: All my apps, excel, word, outlook, vpn, are missing from start menu and search.Some apps however, are still around, etc: discord / line / netflix.I've tried every solution I googled but none of them works.I did:1....
  5. Apps missing from search and start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps missing from search and start menu: All my apps, excel, word, outlook, vpn, are missing from start menu and search.Some apps however, are still around, etc: discord / line / netflix.I've tried every solution I googled but none of them works.I did:1....
  6. Apps missing from search and start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. win 10/1902 is missing search pull down menu

win 10/1902 is missing search pull down menu: I have been researching this issue for the past 3 hours without success. Win10 is the free version issued a while back. All Microsoft updates are successfully installed. All hardware drivers are current. Ran SFC /scannow followed by Disc /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu - part disappeared

Windows 10 Start Menu - part disappeared: Somehow part of my Windows 10 Start Menu disappeared - the portion where all the apps are listed. The tiles are still there, as well as the taskbar and the windows icon. Can anyone help?...
  9. Win 10 32bit regular Start menu missing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 32bit regular Start menu missing?: I have several computers running Win. 10! This problem only occurs on my 32bit machine, where the Left Click Mouse on Start Panel doesn't work any longer? Is there a ' FIX ' for this? Thank you 42763
  10. Search Bar Missing From Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Bar Missing From Start Menu: Hello everybody, I am having some trouble with my start menu. Originally, at the bottom there was a search bar. Then I installed Start10, made some changes, and then decided to uninstall the program and go back to the default start menu. The uninstallation required a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start tiles missing for windows 10