Windows 10: Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching

Discus and support Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So my Laptop is on the latest update but one thing i noticed whenever i type in the search bar, the left part of the start menu goes missing (where the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MajorFoley, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching

So my Laptop is on the latest update but one thing i noticed whenever i type in the search bar, the left part of the start menu goes missing (where the sign in, settings and feedback buttons are when your searching for something) Instead it shows whatever is on the forefront of the desktop (either the desktop itself or a video etc) Any clue as to why this is happening?

:)

MajorFoley, Sep 24, 2019

2. Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching

Huh i thought my PC was at 1903 turns it its still on 1809, surprised microsoft hasn't prompted me to upgrade... Anyway yeah i have been confused because the laptop (bottom screenshot) different to PC (top screenshot) There anyway to get it kinda back to the 1809 look?

Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching [​IMG]

Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching [​IMG]

EDIT: Forgot to mention both search bars are hidden on both PC and laptop, kinda liked it just in start menu. I think its because they removed Cortana or something from the search bar right?

MajorFoley, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching

That is completely normal behaviour for 1903. As soon as you start typing the Start menu closes and is replaced by the Search window. If you have the search icon showing next to Start on the task bar you can open search directly and won't see the start menu at all.

Hide or Show Search Box or Search Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10

4. Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching

So my Laptop is on the latest update but one thing i noticed whenever i type in the search bar, the left part of the start menu goes missing (where the sign in, settings and feedback buttons are when your searching for something) Instead it shows whatever is on the forefront of the desktop (either the desktop itself or a video etc) Any clue as to why this is happening?

MajorFoley, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching - Similar Threads - Part start menu

2. Start Menu Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search: Greetings, When I search with the start menu open after the recent major update it opens a new window. This is atrocious and I want the searching to take place inside the start menu. Is this at all possible? Thanks in advance // 139419
  3. App icons missing in start menu search results

in Cortana
    App icons missing in start menu search results: Hi there, I hope you're having a great weekend :-) I am having a problem with the app icons in the search results of my windows start menu. The icons won't show up. Instead, it displays the same placeholder for all apps. Let the attached GIF animation speak for itself....
  4. Start menu starts floating when searching by text input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu starts floating when searching by text input: Hi all I noticed a curious behaviour with my windows. As soon as I start typing into the Start menu, the menu floats up to the top portion of my screen. Is this how its supposed to work?? I am attaching a screen shots below Click start: [ATTACH] Start to type :...
  5. Wrong icon in start menu when searching

Wrong icon in start menu when searching: The result of searching in Windows 10 start menu shows wrong icon for all UWP applications (e.g. Calculator, Calendar). Anyway to fix it? Thanks! Some examples of the wrong icons are shown below. Why I choose "Ubuntu 16.04" rather than other common built-in UWP apps is that...
  6. missing start menu

missing start menu: Start menu and taskbar missing from Windows 10 tried task manager, powershell, etc. nothing works, any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/missing-start-menu/dc11fbd5-343b-4ef3-8758-e34d5f8e9b46
  7. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION when searching in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION when searching in start menu: I am using Windows 10 with all updates installed. It is basically working just fine, but sometimes, somewhat seldom I am getting a bluescreen. The situation when this happens always is more or less comparable: I am using Classic Shell as a replacement for the start menu....
  8. Win 10 32bit regular Start menu missing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 32bit regular Start menu missing?: I have several computers running Win. 10! This problem only occurs on my 32bit machine, where the Left Click Mouse on Start Panel doesn't work any longer? Is there a ' FIX ' for this? Thank you 42763
  9. Search Bar Missing From Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Bar Missing From Start Menu: Hello everybody, I am having some trouble with my start menu. Originally, at the bottom there was a search bar. Then I installed Start10, made some changes, and then decided to uninstall the program and go back to the default start menu. The uninstallation required a...
  10. No Start Menu, Search

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu, Search: All, I upgraded Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. It worked for a couple of days and suddenly there is no Start Menu (Click start and nothing happens) and no Search box (Icon present but nothing happens when clicked). MY machine is slower accessing all menus...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start tiles missing for windows 10