Windows 10: Password Always Required ?

Discus and support Password Always Required ? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hey guys New to the 10 forum! Great place.. I just got a new system coming from a Win 7 Pro machine to a Win 10 Pro System . Im having an issue with... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by harleymhs, Jan 16, 2016.

1. harleymhs Win User

Password Always Required ?

Hey guys New to the 10 forum! Great place..
    I just got a new system coming from a Win 7 Pro machine to a Win 10 Pro System . Im having an issue with removing the password from 2 spots : When waking up from Sleep & from Screen Saver. When I boot up it doesn't ASK that's all good! !

What I have done so far: Win Settings ( require sign in NEVER is selected ) and Run : User accounts must enter a password ( That is Un Checked ) I tried signing in and out of my Microsoft account still doesn't work! ANY help would be appreciated!

I also did all 3 steps here! Still asks for Password after Screen Saver & Pin after Sleep!
    Require Sign-in on Wakeup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

:)

harleymhs, Jan 16, 2016

2. Lumia 525 Windows 8.1 bug in Kids Corner launch

This is not normal behavior. You should be required to always enter password to access Kids Corner. My Kids corner always asks for password. Perhaps a soft/hard reset is needed on your device.

angryvoucher, Jan 16, 2016
  3. Password is always required on wake, even when I turned that setting off

Same problem here on a lenovo miix 2 tablet, tried about everything and it still requires me to type my password every darn time i press the power button...

Glasofruix, Jan 16, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

Hi,
    Log in to Microsoft account, enable all of them, reboot and untick "User must enter password....." using netplwiz from this tutorial:Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup - Windows 10 Forums
    Then do the option two from:Require Sign-in on Wakeup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    I hope that will resolve your issue.

brummyfan, Jan 16, 2016
  5. harleymhs Win User
    I think I fixed it, it was happening when the display turned off, then went to sleep! So sleep and reboot are OK it was when the display turned off, I went to screen save and ON RESUME display log in screen, turned that off now it seems ok, Ill report back here, thank you for your help!

harleymhs, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Password Always Required ? - Similar Threads - Password Always Required

2. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.: Unable to access network folder to PC on network. 2 PCs on a wired network running Windows 10 Home Edition.Both are signed in with the same Microsoft account.Searching for this issue shows resolutions in 2015 using HOMEGROUP, but that function has been discontinued and i am...
  3. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.: Unable to access network folder to PC on network. 2 PCs on a wired network running Windows 10 Home Edition.Both are signed in with the same Microsoft account.Searching for this issue shows resolutions in 2015 using HOMEGROUP, but that function has been discontinued and i am...
  4. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. "Password Required" Box Not Always on Top

in Browsers and Email
    "Password Required" Box Not Always on Top: Windows Version number: 2004 When I open SeaMonkey (browser and email), it initially requires my password. Sometimes, the Password Required box appears on my screen, other times I have to select it in the Taskbar. Is there any way to ensure that the Password Required box...
  6. "Password Required" Box Not Always on Top

in Windows 10 Support
    "Password Required" Box Not Always on Top: Windows Version number: 2004 When I open SeaMonkey (browser and email), it initially requires my password. Sometimes, the Password Required box appears on my screen, other times I have to select it in the Taskbar. Is there any way to ensure that the Password Required box...
  7. Password Required, but Not Required yesterday ?!?!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Required, but Not Required yesterday ?!?!: My mother-in-Law is now presented with a password screen. She says she never had to enter a password before. She doesn't know what it is. I went into F2 set up, and created an administrator password, but do not get an option for "Other User", so cannot use Administrator to...
  8. No password required.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No password required.: Hi, just got my new broadband and router up and running and I was prompted to enter the wireless key password I was given into all my devices, except my PC, which automatically connected to my new WIFI without any prompt for the password. The network on my PC says 'secured',...
  9. Login: Always Require PIN, Never Allow Password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login: Always Require PIN, Never Allow Password?: It seems I can add a PIN option in Win-I > Accounts > Sign-in options. This adds the PIN as an alternative to the password on the lock screen. That seems to reduce security: now there are two ways into the machine. I understand the PIN can be more secure than a password. Is...
  10. Password required

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password required: I have followed all instructions so that a password isn't required on my laptop. However, ever since the latest Windows 10 update, I have to type my password to get into Windows. For a number of reasons, I don't want to have to do that. What do I have to do to fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. always on password required

2. password always required