Windows 10: Password login

Discus and support Password login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all, first post so please go easy on me*Redface So I have Windows 10 and want to get rid of the password protected login feature. I found some... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jkmartinjk, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Password login

Hi all, first post so please go easy on me*Redface

So I have Windows 10 and want to get rid of the password protected login feature. I found some steps on this site which are vaguely "On your windows 10 Start menu window, right click at the Win logo > select Run option > in the Run box type netplwiz > OK > follow the prompts.
    Restart Win 10."

Did that. On restart, I didn't need a password. Naturally, I thought the problem was solved. Nope. When the computer goes to sleep, I need to enter a password to re-open it; when it is turned off or restarted, I don't need a password.

Anyone know what I did wrong?

Thanks

:)

jkmartinjk, Jan 5, 2016
  2. tuhin16 Win User

Can not login to windiows using previous user account after update windows10

I input correct password, it login but lock automatically at the same time. If input wrong password, display password not correct. i tried to change the password, but same case. creating another user account it login fine also Administrator account login
    fine. But my previous user account not login successfully, login but lock automatically.

tuhin16, Jan 5, 2016
  3. passwords at start up

Are you having a password and going forward you want to login without password?

OR

Are you not having the password at all to login to the computer?

E for Excel, Jan 5, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Password login

Brink, Jan 5, 2016
  5. Excellent, thank you muchly!

jkmartinjk, Jan 5, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Password login

1. Password login - Similar Threads - Password login

2. Login screen password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login screen password: i have windows 11 i login in Microsoft account but when I login system at morning so screen lock password fill and that password is same as Microsoft account password so I hope any other default password set in screen lock during Microsoft account logged in windows...
  3. Login screen password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login screen password: i have windows 11 i login in Microsoft account but when I login system at morning so screen lock password fill and that password is same as Microsoft account password so I hope any other default password set in screen lock during Microsoft account logged in windows...
  4. Login screen password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 - can't enter a password to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - can't enter a password to login: Hello, I have just bought a new PC. It booted up perfect first time and I setup my account. Now, after boot up, I click on "sign in" and it doesn't let me enter a password. There are no other options to choose. When I click "sign in" it briefly says 'New User' then the screen...
  6. Windows 11 - can't enter a password to login

Windows 11 - can't enter a password to login: Hello, I have just bought a new PC. It booted up perfect first time and I setup my account. Now, after boot up, I click on "sign in" and it doesn't let me enter a password. There are no other options to choose. When I click "sign in" it briefly says 'New User' then the screen...
  7. How do I factory reset my computer from the login screen without knowing the password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I factory reset my computer from the login screen without knowing the password: I was given a laptop from my work and I have now left my job but I have forgotten the password and I am stuck on the login screen without the password. Is there a way to factory reset the laptop in this position....
  8. How do I factory reset my computer from the login screen without knowing the password

How do I factory reset my computer from the login screen without knowing the password: I was given a laptop from my work and I have now left my job but I have forgotten the password and I am stuck on the login screen without the password. Is there a way to factory reset the laptop in this position....
  9. How do I factory reset my computer from the login screen without knowing the password

10. I can't login to my windows account even tho I know the user name and password, it doesn't...

I can't login to my windows account even tho I know the user name and password, it doesn't...: This happened all of a sudden and my PC can't even install any applications. It also doesn't let me run any command or app by the 'Run' app. I'm so tired now! Please help, nothing is working. The login screen with a wallpaper in background etc doesn't appear but only that...