Windows 10: Passwords have stopped syncing

Discus and support Passwords have stopped syncing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I noticed, I think a couple of months ago, that my passwords stopped syncing, and I just haven't had time to deal with it. Now I'm setting up a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by caresrg, Oct 1, 2018.

1. caresrg Win User

Passwords have stopped syncing

I noticed, I think a couple of months ago, that my passwords stopped syncing, and I just haven't had time to deal with it. Now I'm setting up a new Surface PC, and I would really like to get them working again. All settings are set to sync in Windows, and I have Favorites, etc., set to sync in Edge (and those seem to be working). Anyone know what's up?

:)

caresrg, Oct 1, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

my password stopped working

Hello Fishbait, and welcome to Ten Forums. Passwords have stopped syncing :)

OPTION THREE in the tutorial below can help show you step by step on how to reset your Microsoft account password online. Be sure to leave the PC that has this issue connected to the internet and running for it to eventually sync with the new password.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...a.html#option3

Brink, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Fishbait Win User
    my password stopped working

All that did was allow me to reset my password with microsoft.com.

What about the machine I can't get into?

Fishbait, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Passwords have stopped syncing - Similar Threads - Passwords stopped syncing

2. Sync! stopped working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sync! stopped working?: So I need to resize my D: drive one day it was getting full I was sharing 2 partitions with a 256GB SSD so I did it, and in the process, I delete the D: partition...OH OH OH that was a big-**** dumb mistake for someone who likes to sync everything because after I restart my...
  3. Sync! stopped working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync! stopped working?: So I need to resize my D: drive one day it was getting full I was sharing 2 partitions with a 256GB SSD so I did it, and in the process, I delete the D: partition...OH OH OH that was a big-**** dumb mistake for someone who likes to sync everything because after I restart my...
  4. Sync! stopped working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MAIL stopped sync

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MAIL stopped sync: For some reason MAIL has stopped sync. I do not get any emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-stopped-sync/7b72cf10-f638-4e48-abcd-43b3a3ab5305
  6. Password not syncing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password not syncing: Is there a way for me to make my computer password sync? Its saying my password is wrong when I try to log in the computer but when I try to log in via web there is no issues and the same pass works just fine but not on my PC If this makes sence...
  7. password out of sync

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password out of sync: I kept getting a Microsoft message that my password was out of sync and to update my password. I updated it but IT WAS MY GOOGLE PASSWORD THAT WAS CHANGED! WTH! WHY does a Microsoft message change my Google password! Now I have a google password I DONT WANT, AND I CANT...
  8. Password Sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password Sync: I have an issue with my account on my PC. When I look at the account under manage my accounts the account shows up as a Local Account, but when I attempt to convert it to a Microsoft account under Accounts there is no option to do so. It looks like a Microsoft account...
  9. Passwords have stopped working!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Passwords have stopped working!: Hello. I am soooo frustrated. My regular passwords to access sites have all been giving me 'password error' messages. Today, alone, I had to change my gmail password twice because it defaults to 'error'. What is going on? Sheila Kozmin Sarnia, Ontario...
  10. Stopping Sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stopping Sync: I have a Desktop, as well as a Microsoft Surface GO. My desktop has significantly more space on it than my surface Go. Unfortunately due to the auto-sync I am QUICKLY running out of room on my Surface Go. I would like to know how to turn off this Auto-Sync and reclaim the...