Windows 10: Passwords have stopped working!

Discus and support Passwords have stopped working! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello. I am soooo frustrated. My regular passwords to access sites have all been giving me 'password error' messages. Today, alone, I had to change my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SheilaKozmin, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Passwords have stopped working!

Hello. I am soooo frustrated. My regular passwords to access sites have all been giving me 'password error' messages. Today, alone, I had to change my gmail password twice because it defaults to 'error'. What is going on?

Sheila Kozmin

Sarnia, Ontario

:)

SheilaKozmin, Jan 25, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

my password stopped working

Hello Fishbait, and welcome to Ten Forums. Passwords have stopped working! :)

OPTION THREE in the tutorial below can help show you step by step on how to reset your Microsoft account password online. Be sure to leave the PC that has this issue connected to the internet and running for it to eventually sync with the new password.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...a.html#option3

Brink, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Fishbait Win User
    my password stopped working

All that did was allow me to reset my password with microsoft.com.

What about the machine I can't get into?

Fishbait, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Passwords have stopped working!

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Passwords have stopped working!

1. Passwords have stopped working! - Similar Threads - Passwords stopped working

2. admin password stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    admin password stopped working: my admin password stopped working ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-stopped-working/2c753538-98f1-4acf-bff2-641ce20bd1f2
  3. admin password stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    admin password stopped working: my admin password stopped working ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-stopped-working/2c753538-98f1-4acf-bff2-641ce20bd1f2
  4. admin password stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Password stopped working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password stopped working: I have been using the same password for the last 4 years, and suddenly Microsoft takes it as wrong. I tried to enter it multiple times but it was not ACCEPTED in any way. I was forced to change my password and now I can't return to my old one, cause your software suddenly...
  6. Picture password stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture password stopped working: I used to enter Windows using the picture password but this feature stopped working in the end of 2018. So I cannot log into Windows and my files. However I’ve found the True Key option, which wasn’t set by me. Is this problem related to the true key? Why did it happen?...
  7. Passwords have stopped syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Passwords have stopped syncing: I noticed, I think a couple of months ago, that my passwords stopped syncing, and I just haven't had time to deal with it. Now I'm setting up a new Surface PC, and I would really like to get them working again. All settings are set to sync in Windows, and I have Favorites,...
  8. Browsers have stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Browsers have stopped working: After I updated my Windows 10 computer a couple pf weeks ago I began to have issues with my web browsers. I was using Google Chrome and it would work for about 30 seconds and then freeze and crash. After a couple of days, my plugins stopped working and Chrome would crash...
  9. my password stopped working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    my password stopped working: Hello all. Last night my password into my windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1 so I have no disk). I'm the only account other than the ones created by the system. It keeps telling me my password I'm entering is wrong. It's been the same password since I bought the machine. It...
  10. Apps have stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps have stopped working: Just noticed that some Apps i.e. Weather & News have stopped working. I uninstalled them, then did a reinstall without success. The live tiles show the current weather & news headlines but as soon as they are opened, they become minimised to the taskbar. Clicking on the...