Windows 10: PC can't go to sleep anymore

Discus and support PC can't go to sleep anymore in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some reason whenever I attempt to put the PC to sleep via the start menu or the physical power button, the screen goes dark, but the PC, keyboard,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/plsnoHIV, Jan 13, 2020.

1. PC can't go to sleep anymore

For some reason whenever I attempt to put the PC to sleep via the start menu or the physical power button, the screen goes dark, but the PC, keyboard, mouse are still lit up. Once I move the mouse, the screen awakens again meaning the PC never went to sleep. This started happening a few days ago. The error occurs on both high performance and balanced power plan.

I also used to have the hibernate option when I clicked the power button, but it is not there anymore (only sleep, shutdown, restart appear).

submitted by /u/plsnoHIV
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/plsnoHIV, Jan 13, 2020

2. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jan 13, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Win10 PC Won't Sleep Anymore

In Device manager, check the properties for Ethernet device, Realtek sound device and any USB connected device, if they have "allow computer to turn off this device .." checked.

Run that Sleep study report and check for possible errors, like Ken suggested
    *Arrow Tutorials | Generate Sleep Study Report in Windows 10

AndreTen, Jan 13, 2020
  4. larrymcg Win User

PC can't go to sleep anymore

Win10 PC Won't Sleep Anymore

Win10 64bit V1903 with all published updates. Some weeks ago (maybe even longer) my PC stopped going to sleep after the specified time. I am setting the times in Power & Sleep. I have the screen set to turn off after an hour (and it does) and the PC to sleep after 2 hours but it doesn't. It used to. I have changed the sleep timer several times but that hasn't helped.

I've looked at Device Management to see anything suspicious there but not sure what to look for.

Suggestions on what to look for?

-- Larry

larrymcg, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

PC can't go to sleep anymore

1. PC can't go to sleep anymore - Similar Threads - can't sleep anymore

2. PC not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not going to sleep: Have a problem of pc not going to sleep, even tho display gets turned off.Through "powercfg /systemsleepdiagnostics" I'm seeing "The system idle time was reset because: An application requires system execution." which is being reported every minute at the time I'm afk. Looked...
  3. PC not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not going to sleep: Have a problem of pc not going to sleep, even tho display gets turned off.Through "powercfg /systemsleepdiagnostics" I'm seeing "The system idle time was reset because: An application requires system execution." which is being reported every minute at the time I'm afk. Looked...
  4. PC won't sleep anymore.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't sleep anymore.: Last year, I ironically had a problem where my PC would wake up from sleep when it shouldn't. It was eventually solved. PC keeps waking up. Now, I am having the opposite problem. I have the same settings I've always had, which is display should turn off after 20 minutes, and...
  5. Laptop wont go to sleep anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop wont go to sleep anymore: I have an Asus ROG Strix G732 17" laptop with an i9 and a 2080 Super running Windows 10. I've noticed that it won't go to sleep anymore. I've gone through every tip that google has tried to give me with no success, so I thought I'd turn here so I could explain what I've tried...
  6. Pc not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc not going to sleep: I’ve had my pc for almost 2 years and have never had a problem until recently. And that is that it’s just not going into sleep mode. Every once in a while, it will go to sleep. But 99% off the time the screen will turn off, but the pc itself will stay active. I’ve tried most...
  7. PC is not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC is not going to sleep: My computer is waking up on its own. I tried to fix it but failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-is-not-going-to-sleep/57a3cf27-eb2b-4880-a222-c5c341c6c877
  8. Windows 10 Sleep Mode Doesn't Go To Sleep Anymore

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Sleep Mode Doesn't Go To Sleep Anymore: I was using the Sleep mode a lot. Either I put it into sleep or after so much time it went to sleep. It was super convenient. Now when it goes to sleep, it turns the display output off, but the HDD light is showing activity and the power light is still on. The computer seems...
  9. PC going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC going to sleep: I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop running W10. All of the power settings are set to not sleep (or display to go dark) when the machine is plugged into power. Despite this the laptop always sleeps after about 5 minutes of non use. How can I fix this? Thanks....
  10. Windows 10 is not going to sleep anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is not going to sleep anymore: Hello people and sry for my bad english my system was running completely fine before two last days. now my computer is not going to sleep anymore when i click sleep button the screen goes off but my pc power fans hard disks and .... is on then i need hard reset it to get...