Windows 10: PC Keeps Freezing, Crashing

Discus and support PC Keeps Freezing, Crashing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had persistent problems recently with my computer freezing/crashing, and I just wanted to air this issue for possible solutions should anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jdcallison89, Jan 16, 2016.

1. PC Keeps Freezing, Crashing

I have had persistent problems recently with my computer freezing/crashing, and I just wanted to air this issue for possible solutions should anyone recognise the problem. This is an HP Pavilion, model 500-123a, running Windows 10 (recently upgraded from Windows 8). What's been happening is that it's been stalling out, both in Word (without broadband on) and on the Web (eg Yahoo, Yahoo Mail). In Word the cursor freezes and will not move, the screen goes opaque white, the blue circle whirls, can't do anything with it, can't shut down, and I have to unplug it and reboot. This can happen 3 or 4 times a day. In Yahoo, similarly, the screen freezes, the cursor won't move at all, and have to unplug. I used software, PC Health Advisor, to try to diagnose the problem, and it hasn't signalled up anything specifically. From checks I've done, it doesn't look like fragmentation, nor RAM (8GB), nor registry issues, nor a monitor problem. I am quite flummoxed at this stage.

So, just wondered if anyone's run into anything like this, any notion what it might be. Any ideas would be appreciated.

:)

jdcallison89, Jan 16, 2016

2. Windows 10 keeps crashing and randomly restarting into a black and white screen.

Hi,

It seems that the ethernet device isn´t the only issues, it crashed even when the ethernet device was uninstalled.

Also sometimes my pc can´t even get past the login screen because it keeps freezing, crashing and restarting.

Regards,

ianhhogers, Jan 16, 2016
  3. microsoft collections Events games

this has only started happening in events game freezes then crashes

have ran diagnostic still keeps happening

have uninstalled and reinstalled still freezing and crashing

running widows 10 all updated

any ideas?

normanjones1, Jan 16, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

PC Keeps Freezing, Crashing

brummyfan, Jan 16, 2016
  5. jdcallison89, Jan 16, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Baring OS or SW failure, check for overheating and voltage regulation as they also may cause those faults. RAM and disk errors can contribute a lot.

CountMike, Jan 16, 2016
  7. Thanks for this, still checking it out, not sure yet where problem originating.

8. AnEdge Win User

Hey JD, I have a Pavilion also and had problems from day 1 upgrading from 7. Eventually I uninstalled HP support, HP framework and HP setup. Those programs were tailored for Win 8 in your case. I will lay 10-1 that's causing a conflict with the Win 10.
    After I uninstalled most of the HP crap my system has been running like a top. Two weeks straight now!!
    I couldn't be happier with Win 10. Give it a try and get back and let us know how it turns out.

AnEdge, Jan 16, 2016
  9. Appreciate this. Still trying to get to the root of the problem!

10. AnEdge Win User
    That may be the root of your problem!! Uninstall those programs. 10-1, that's how sure I am.

Also go into the reliability monitor and see when and where the problems occur.

AnEdge, Jan 16, 2016
  11. Got that. Working on a few options here, but may be offline for a while.

12. AnEdge Win User
    JD, don't stress out, Win 10 works well with your system. I had many of the same problems and now 10 works just as well if not better than 7 did. Its a great OS. These forums are infinitely better than either MS or HP. You will prevail!!

AnEdge, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. PC Keeps Freezing, Crashing - Similar Threads - Keeps Freezing Crashing

2. PC keeps crashing/freezing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps crashing/freezing.: First off I want to thank you for your time and assistance.For months I've been dealing with my comp crashing maybe once a day and it was annoying but I could deal with it. Here lately it has been crashing multiple times within a couple hours and still getting different BSOD...
  3. Pc keeps freezing/crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps freezing/crashing: Title says it all... My pc keeps freezing/crashing randomly multible times a day..... i suspect that its my GPU but im not sure it has done this since summer of 22. bough pc 02/22I link my mini dump to this post so if someone can analyse it and tell me what my problem is and...
  4. pc keeps freezing and crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc keeps freezing and crashing: Hey, for a while I have had problems with my computer and nothing seems to fix it, while using my computer for doing anything it just freezes and forces me to restart, crashes, or the screen just goes black , I changed my os from an HDD to SSD a while ago and that fixed it...
  5. PC keeps crashing/freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps crashing/freezing: My pc has been crashing whenever I play a game and sometimes even when I am just doing a simple task like searching something or watching youtube. The screen either freezes and then restarts or the screen turns white and restarts. I have used whocrashed and it says:On Tue...
  6. PC keeps crashing/freezing

PC keeps crashing/freezing: My pc has been crashing whenever I play a game and sometimes even when I am just doing a simple task like searching something or watching youtube. The screen either freezes and then restarts or the screen turns white and restarts. I have used whocrashed and it says:On Tue...
  7. Pc keeps crashing/freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc keeps crashing/freezing: My pc has been crashing whenever I play a game and sometimes even when I am just doing a simple task like searching something or watching youtube. The screen either freezes and then restarts or the screen turns white and restarts. I have used whocrashed and it says: On Tue...
  8. Pc keeps crashing/freezing

Pc keeps crashing/freezing: My pc has been crashing whenever I play a game and sometimes even when I am just doing a simple task like searching something or watching youtube. The screen either freezes and then restarts or the screen turns white and restarts. I have used whocrashed and it says: On Tue...
  9. Pc keeps crashing/freezing

Pc keeps crashing/freezing: For the past three weeks I haven't really been able to use my pc due to the facts that it crashes/freezes. What I mean by that is that every time I try to play a game or do anything other than chrome my pc either immediately freezes and I have to manually press down on the...
  10. PC keeps on freezing and crashing

PC keeps on freezing and crashing: hi, ever since the update of the new windows 10 late july, this year, my computer keeps on crashing freezing, bluescreen while playing. it really irritates me that i am on the point of throwing this pc, such a trash, it is new. audio is distorted when ever i use my razor...