Windows 10: PC Randomly Freezing

Discus and support PC Randomly Freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hmm, interestingly there's no MEMORY.DMP in C:\Windows\ either... Haven't crashed in a while though but if I do I'll do another log collector +... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by toar4ever, Jun 25, 2017.

1. toar4ever Win User

PC Randomly Freezing

Hmm, interestingly there's no MEMORY.DMP in C:\Windows\ either... Haven't crashed in a while though but if I do I'll do another log collector + memory.dmp if there is one.

As for the missing drivers for the motherboard, do you suggest installing those from the page I linked earlier? I haven't gotten them installed at this moment, but did have them on my previous install.

toar4ever, Jun 27, 2017
  2. zbook New Member

For post #9 they were identified as problems but I was not able to identify a date. With the new drive lets wait to see if there are any more bsod of if they appear as faulting.

Please indicate how you modified the settings to save dmp files.
    Did you set to automatic?
    Did you uncheck automatic restart?

zbook, Jun 27, 2017
  3. toar4ever Win User
    Just froze again, here's another log collector.
    Attachment 141502

I haven't changed any dmp settings, I'm on a clean Windows 10 install, but here's the how the settings are currently:
    Attachment 141503

toar4ever, Jun 27, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

PC Randomly Freezing

In the zip that you posted there were no bsod.
    Code: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.[/quote] Code: The previous system shutdown at 12:42:44 on ?28/?06/?2017 was unexpected.[/quote] Code: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) did not load: damEhStorClass[/quote] Code: Event[332]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient Date: 2017-06-27T19:10:54.184 Event ID: 20 Task: Windows Update Agent Level: Error Opcode: Installation Keyword: Installation,Failure User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-N6S882A Description: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070103: NVIDIA - Display - 5/1/2017 12:00:00 AM - 22.21.13.8205.[/quote] Code: Problem signaturePC Randomly Freezing :p1: Ableton Live 9 Suite.exe[/quote] There were many app crashes related to Abeleton:
    Ableton Live 9 Suite.exe
    There were some related to Malwarebytes:
    mbamservice.exe
    mbamtray.exe

Please uninstall and reinstall:
    Abeleton
    Malwarebytes

zbook, Jun 27, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    There appear to have been only app crashes with unexpected shutdown and reboot.
    The realtek driver and the drive were replaced.
    The dmp debugging confirmed Realtek but there was also an Intel WHEA dump debugging which often implicates hardware.
    Maybe the drive was the source?
    We can continue monitoring to see if there are any new bsod or perform stress testing on the other hardware components.

The Intel processor diagnostic tool (IPDT)is relatively quick to run. It has a default setting in which it will stop by temperature trigger.
    Run IPDT and post an image when it has completed.
    Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool: Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool
    The Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool: The Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

zbook, Jun 27, 2017
  6. toar4ever Win User
    Yeah I was installing Ableton + Malware AntiBytes at the time of the freeze, so that might be why? I've succesfully installed those and did the IPDT test:
    Attachment 141505

toar4ever, Jun 27, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    1) Choose one of the temperature monitoring software applications: Speecy, HW monitor, Speed fan:Speccy - Free Download - Piriform: Speccy - System Information - Free Download
    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID: HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID
    SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer: SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

2) Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    Please make note of the importance of temperature monitoring and aborting the test in the GPU link.
    FurMark - GPU Stress Test Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    The test should be done with the bios reset and no over clocking.
    Please record maximum temperatures and post images into the thread.

zbook, Jun 27, 2017
  8. toar4ever Win User

PC Randomly Freezing

Ran Furmark for 10 minutes. Didn't crash.
    Attachment 141555Attachment 141556

toar4ever, Jun 27, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    1) Choose one of the temperature monitoring software applications: Speecy, HW monitor, Speed fan:Speccy - Free Download - Piriform: Speccy - System Information - Free Download
    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID: HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID
    SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer: SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

2) Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPUPrime95 -
    Stress Test Your CPU Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    Windows 10 Forums
    Use the Microsoft snipping tool to post images into the thread.
    Please make note of the importance of temperature monitoring and aborting the test.
    The test should be done with the bios reset and no over clocking.
    Please record maximum temperatures and post images into the thread.

zbook, Jun 27, 2017
  10. toar4ever Win User
    Ran Prime95 for about 20 minutes, didn't crash during it.
    Attachment 141644Attachment 141645

Now here's a really dumb thing: I was playing a bit of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, and noticed lots of stuttering. So I opened up my Task Manager to find out if something was using a lot of Memory, and then I noticed I only had 4 out of my 8 GB RAM. So I opened up my PC, pulled both the RAM sticks out, cleaned a bit of dust out of the slots/sticks and put them back in. Then I had the full 8 GB RAM again, so this whole issue might have been a RAM stick that could have gotten loose? Who knows, I'll keep you posted if I crash again PC Randomly Freezing :p

toar4ever, Jun 28, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

PC Randomly Freezing

1. PC Randomly Freezing - Similar Threads - Randomly Freezing

2. BSOD and random Freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and random Freezes: Hello,I'm getting random crashes and BSOD. when my pc idle or using chrome/not having any apps active my screen will freeze and I can't do anything other than restart. If i leave pc on idle long enough i'll come back to BSOD and DPC Watchdog Violation Error. I attached the...
  3. BSOD and random Freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and random Freezes: Hello,I'm getting random crashes and BSOD. when my pc idle or using chrome/not having any apps active my screen will freeze and I can't do anything other than restart. If i leave pc on idle long enough i'll come back to BSOD and DPC Watchdog Violation Error. I attached the...
  4. Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts: Hello Microsoft community! Ive ran into what I would deem my opinion as a software issue. I noticed my pc that whenever iI am watching a video, playing a Game, or just standing idle on my desk that the pc would restart randomly, albeit 30% of the time would get stuck in a...
  5. Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts

Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts: Hello Microsoft community! Ive ran into what I would deem my opinion as a software issue. I noticed my pc that whenever iI am watching a video, playing a Game, or just standing idle on my desk that the pc would restart randomly, albeit 30% of the time would get stuck in a...
  6. Random lag spikes on pc lagging and freezing every few seconds ran a ram test and stopped...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random lag spikes on pc lagging and freezing every few seconds ran a ram test and stopped...: ran a ram test and stopped startup apps + used restore point but i still have an issue where my pc will randomly lag every few seconds and freezing for few as well...
  7. Random lag spikes on pc lagging and freezing every few seconds ran a ram test and stopped...

Random lag spikes on pc lagging and freezing every few seconds ran a ram test and stopped...: ran a ram test and stopped startup apps + used restore point but i still have an issue where my pc will randomly lag every few seconds and freezing for few as well...
  8. Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly: Hi all,I am having an issue where my mouse cursor freezes randomly. Sometimes it's for a few seconds, sometimes it appears permanently frozen. While it's frozen everything else works perfectly fine - I can CLICK things with the cursor, and I can use the keyboard to navigate...
  9. Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly

Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly: Hi all,I am having an issue where my mouse cursor freezes randomly. Sometimes it's for a few seconds, sometimes it appears permanently frozen. While it's frozen everything else works perfectly fine - I can CLICK things with the cursor, and I can use the keyboard to navigate...
  10. Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware