Windows 10: PC Randomly locks up and freezes

Discus and support PC Randomly locks up and freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, first off I hope you all had a great Xmas and New Year... So since the update for windows that's recently dropped, I keep having random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by anthrax2471, Jan 15, 2018.

1. PC Randomly locks up and freezes

Hey guys, first off I hope you all had a great Xmas and New Year...

So since the update for windows that's recently dropped, I keep having random crashes, well more of a freeze, I can still see everything on the screen but nothing will respond I have to power my system down, I wouldn't mind if it BSOD because that can be debugged, I was just wondering can any of you guys work your magic and put me out of my misery haha.

Thanks in advance.

:)

anthrax2471, Jan 15, 2018
  2. Little.star, Jan 15, 2018
  3. Windows randomly freezes and locks up

1. No, the issue can happen while i'm doing anything. I use skype as an example cause I use it alot.

2 and 3. It doesn't matter what i'm doing, it still happens.

Here's something I forgot to include on my post. It usually happens at night from around 5:00 10:00, but it can happen at anytime. And when it happens, every 10 - 40 minutes after it happens. It usually stops the next day or if I let the computer rest, but
    it keeps coming back.

I also just used avast to check for viruses and it said my computer is fine.

Alex`Enters, Jan 15, 2018
  4. axe0 New Member

PC Randomly locks up and freezes

5. Find enclosed my Zip file

6. axe0 New Member
    PC Randomly locks up and freezes [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

7. Ok so I did the above suggestion and it crashed my computer after around 10 minutes. I got stuck in the boot loop and the only way I could get out of it was opening cmd going into safemode and disabling verifier that way.

8. axe0 New Member

Upload the newest minidump as a zip.

9. Done mate... Thank you.

10. Hey just wondering if you could take a look please

anthrax2471, Jan 17, 2018
  11. axe0 New Member
    Update the BIOS to the latest version.

12. Thank you will give it a shot

anthrax2471, Jan 17, 2018
  13. PC Randomly locks up and freezes

That seems to have worked thanks for your help mate

anthrax2471, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PC Randomly locks up and freezes - Similar Threads - Randomly locks freezes

2. Windows PC keeps freezing up randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows PC keeps freezing up randomly.: I moved a little over 2 months ago and since the move, my PC has been freezing up. It was not freezing up before. I've been getting ESENT errors right before it freezes. There were some that i think I fixed, but I've been getting ESENT error 532 right before each freeze....
  3. Windows PC keeps freezing up randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows PC keeps freezing up randomly.: I moved a little over 2 months ago and since the move, my PC has been freezing up. It was not freezing up before. I've been getting ESENT errors right before it freezes. There were some that i think I fixed, but I've been getting ESENT error 532 right before each freeze....
  4. PC Locking up/becoming unresponsive randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Locking up/becoming unresponsive randomly: GPU: RTX 2060 Super CPU: Ryzen 7 3800xRAM: 32g Corsair MoBo: MSI x570 Recently I have been having an issue where my computer will begin to become unresponsive. At first I thought that it was totally at random but I have narrowed it down to when I am watching a youtube video....
  5. HELP! Windows randomly locks-up/freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Windows randomly locks-up/freezes: It happens randomly and everything becomes unresponsive. I can still move the mouse but nothing else works can't click on anything. I have the lastest windows update recently updated to 2004 version. I have the lastest GPU driver just checked. What could be causing this and...
  6. Windows randomly freezing and locking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows randomly freezing and locking up: Hi, Recently my windows has started to randomly freeze and lock up. My browser will no longer be able to access the internet or search anything, file explorer will stop responding and any active applications open will also stop responding. I am able to access the start menu...
  7. pc locks up randomly in 1909

pc locks up randomly in 1909: my hp probook 6555b keeps locking up after start up its 15 to 45 min after start up i amon 1909 latest build in preview ring. pls help windows home ed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-locks-up-randomly-in-1909/a1d99e1e-ce44-46db-81ff-f567bbfdb64c
  8. Random Freezing/Lock-up

Random Freezing/Lock-up: Hello. First time post, but I've run out of options that aren't wiping my computer and fresh installing. A few days ago, I finally upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I'm mostly glad I did, but since then, I've been experiencing random freezes in which both screen and...
  9. PC locks up randomly (No BSOD)

PC locks up randomly (No BSOD): Not sure if my title is too vague, but here is my issue. Recently built a new PC, running Win 10 pro. Had issue with graphics card and removed to RMA it. Got new CPU to utilize integrated graphics ports. Every once in a while (about once or twice a week) PC will lock-up,...
  10. Random Freeze / Lock Up then reboots itself.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Freeze / Lock Up then reboots itself.: Just got a new laptop from Xtoic PC, The Model is a MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G-219, I received a defective adapter , it died in 1 day of use, so I had to purchase new one from AMAZON the brand of the adapter was HP and has the same watts and amps, I used it on the laptop,...