Windows 10: PC reboots regularly with no warning - no BSOD

Discus and support PC reboots regularly with no warning - no BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Initially I was getting BSODs that did not specify the cause outside of various kernel drivers. I used Whocrashed and BlueScreenview to try to diagnose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by robertheadley, May 26, 2016.

1. PC reboots regularly with no warning - no BSOD

Initially I was getting BSODs that did not specify the cause outside of various kernel drivers. I used Whocrashed and BlueScreenview to try to diagnose the problem but no such luck. Then I tried just updating my drivers, and that is when the reboots started.

:)

robertheadley, May 26, 2016

2. Windows now regularly re-starting with no warning

Hi David,

Replied too soon, I thought applying the changes you suggested would be the answer however my laptop just re-started again without being prompted and to make life even more interesting it then opened some apps that had been open and two that definitely hadn't
    - nice!

I have lost count of how much time I waste either as a result of unexpected system issues, simply waiting for Excel, Word or any other app to open not to mention the infuriating and downright retarded way that Windows 10 presents options to the user. What
    an epic bag of spanners it all is. NOT HAPPY.

Dominic Moss, May 26, 2016
  3. Windows now regularly re-starting with no warning

If anyone needs cheering up don't think life is greener under the Apple Mac Orchard:

Life in the High Sierra

c8a1f2a5-41f1-4c8c-ba29-4bd7ad8a27d9, May 26, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

PC reboots regularly with no warning - no BSOD

Hi robertheadly,.

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please check in %systemroot%\minidump for dumps, if there are any present (of a recent date) select them > right click > send to > compressed (zipped) folder.

Please boot in the BIOS, search for the 3.3v, 5v and 12v values and post them.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling system and other used stuff. Please note that the PSU, cooling system and other used stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

PC reboots regularly with no warning - no BSOD [​IMG]

5. 12v = 12.249v
    5v = 5.016v
    3.3v = 3.376v
    Attachment 82336
    Attachment 82337

robertheadley, May 29, 2016
  6. I thought maybe that the problem went away after I re-seated the power cable. But I just had it happen after I resumed downloading a game on Steam. Any help?

It happened again a few minutes later as I was trying to install windows debug tools. When it booted back up, the installation window was still there, so I think it is putting my computer into hibernate. So I reset the power settings to default to see if that helps.

robertheadley, Jun 4, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Jun 4, 2016
  8. PC reboots regularly with no warning - no BSOD

No, I don't have the necessary equipment for that. However I do monitor the voltages using speedfan. I have high end power supply.

robertheadley, Jun 5, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    You likely know this: no program won't show data from the PSU + the BIOS is a better place to check the voltages.

axe0, Jun 5, 2016
  10. I removed driver verifier and I started getting Blue screens again. Attached the mini dump.

robertheadley, Jun 11, 2016
  11. Windows Debugger says ntkrnlmp.exe. How do I fix a ntkrnlmp.exe crash?

12. axe0 New Member
    Windows files are not the cause.

You need to enable driver verifier, there was a memory access violation often caused by drivers

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

13. PC reboots regularly with no warning - no BSOD

I had previous ran the bleepingcomputer driver verifier guide, and that is what was causing my computer to reboot instead of BSOD. When I disabled Driver Verifier it stopped rebooting, now BSOD. Hopefully, since yours has less options checked, it will not reboot. Thank you for helping me.

14. axe0 New Member
    Why did you enable driver verifier in the first place?

15. Because I was getting BSODs.

Thema:

PC reboots regularly with no warning - no BSOD

1. PC reboots regularly with no warning - no BSOD - Similar Threads - reboots regularly warning

2. Regular BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regular BSOD: Hello!Receently I have a lot of BSOD during playing games, I tried dfferent ways, to fix thatcleaning laptop, lower graphics, etc., but nothiing helps. Today I looked at Window logs, and there something with Kernel Power ErrorID 41 Here file from msinfo32 and...
  3. Regular BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regular BSOD: Hello!Receently I have a lot of BSOD during playing games, I tried dfferent ways, to fix thatcleaning laptop, lower graphics, etc., but nothiing helps. Today I looked at Window logs, and there something with Kernel Power ErrorID 41 Here file from msinfo32 and...
  4. Regular BSODs and General Instability in PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regular BSODs and General Instability in PC: Hello,Recently I've been experiencing regular BSODs and freezing when using my PC. In hindsight, there was always the occasional BSOD, but I didn't think much of it until they began to occur more recently.The BSODs occur most after running a demanding game but will also occur...
  5. Regular BSODs and General Instability in PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regular BSODs and General Instability in PC: Hello,Recently I've been experiencing regular BSODs and freezing when using my PC. In hindsight, there was always the occasional BSOD, but I didn't think much of it until they began to occur more recently.The BSODs occur most after running a demanding game but will also occur...
  6. Regular BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regular BSOD: Good day I have a HP Probook 450 G4 with windows 10 installed. I have been getting regular BSOD's for a while now and I would like to resolve this issue. I've uploaded the latest Minidump file to my drive. The link:...
  7. My pc keeps rebooting without warning

My pc keeps rebooting without warning: Hello. Recently my pc has been automatically rebooting without any warning or “the blue screen of death”. I indeed already turned off automatic restart and have event logs turned on but still nothing happens with that. It still reboots randomly like normal. This started about...
  8. PC randomly reboots without warning

PC randomly reboots without warning: Hi, My pc was working perfectly for a while until a week ago, it started rebooting randomly. Ive tried reinstalling graphics drivers, mobo drivers, formatting my drives, sfc /scannowno issues detected and installing a newOS but the issue persists. I used the windows...
  9. regular bluescreen reboots

regular bluescreen reboots: Hi I'm having troubles with regular bluescreen reboots. The most recent one beeing: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff802e7be43d8, 0xfffff505ad6bf238, 0xfffff505ad6bea80). A dump was saved in:...
  10. No BSOD but computer restarts without warning on a regular basis

No BSOD but computer restarts without warning on a regular basis: Hi everyone I'm not sure if this is the correct forum out of all the ones on offer, but as it's about my computer regularly crashing, I thought I'd post this here. If it's incorrect, I apologise...please point me in the direction of a more appropriate forum. Ever since I...