Windows 10: PC won't sleep while playing a sound (audio driver prevent from sleep)

Discus and support PC won't sleep while playing a sound (audio driver prevent from sleep) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! Any idea how I could solve this problem? Runing Code: powercfg -requests[/quote] gives: Code: SYSTEM: [DRIVER] Cirrus Logic High... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chok, Oct 5, 2017.

1. chok Win User

PC won't sleep while playing a sound (audio driver prevent from sleep)

Hi! Any idea how I could solve this problem?

Runing Code: powercfg -requests[/quote] gives:

Code: SYSTEM: [DRIVER] Cirrus Logic High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_ ...) An audio stream is currently in use. [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe[/quote] I tried uninstalling the audio driver
    I also tried that code Code: powercfg /requestsoverride driver Cirrus Logic High Definition Audio System[/quote] (as mentioned here)

(Note that in this driver (in devices manager) there is no "power management tab" (as in network adapter) to uncheck the "allow to wake up on sleep"." tab on driver )

:)

chok, Oct 5, 2017

2. 'Multimedia Settings' in Windows 10?

Hi there,

I'm having this problem that while playing music in my laptop, it goes to sleep and the music stops, I made some research and I found this post: How
    to prevent sound driver from sleeping while music is playing

That says that I have to go to Multimedia Settings (in advance power options) and select:

Multimedia settings

When sharing media

Plugged in: Prevent idling to sleep

The thing is that I can't find this 'Multimedia Settings' options, any ideas???

-------------------------

EDIT

So I found this thread:
    Windows 10: how to not go into sleep mode also while watching movie and full screen web video

That explains how to boot in Safe Mode and edit the Power Options, where you can set up the Multimedia Settings. I've donde that, and in the 'Balanced' Power Plan selected under Multimedia Settings to do not allow the computer to go to sleep while sharing
    media (I think that is the option), but it is not working, after a few minutes the screen goes off and the music stops. I touch the pad or press a key and the screen goes ON and the music continues.

Any help?

Thanks!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Tomas Perez Ponisio, Oct 5, 2017
  3. SoraAngel Win User
    Audio will not work until computer has been in sleep mode first

The speakers wouldn't play any sound until the laptop has been in sleep mode first. The problem probably lies with the audio drivers.

Thank you

SoraAngel, Oct 5, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

Go to Control panel /and search for Power options. Select Advanced and then Change when computer sleeps. Scroll down to media settings and uncheck option "prevent sleep when sharing media" ... Names could not be exact, but you'll find them.

Also, there is fine tutorial about preventing devices to wake computer or go to sleep..

PC won't sleep while playing a sound (audio driver prevent from sleep) [​IMG]

AndreTen, Oct 5, 2017
  5. chok Win User
    thanks AndreTen but I already checked that (sorry I forgot to mention it).

But the tuto is interesting.

I tried:

Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -devicedisablewake "Cirrus Logic High Definition Audio"[/quote] But it says: Code: You do not have permission to enable or disable device wake.[/quote] But I'm running the cmd as admin... If you know the equivalent in Powershell I could try.

EDIT: I also tried to create a new admin account and run this cmd, same problem.

chok, Oct 5, 2017
  6. AndreTen Win User
    In this case, your drivers don't support this action. You probably use generic MS drivers. Try to install drivers from your laptop manufacturer (Dell, if your data is correct) and see, if this helps.

There are lot of similar problems around. This is one interesting thread in Sevenforums (for Windows 7, but problem is the same)

Edit: interesting claim from an user at ms forums... running
    several times, finally successful.

AndreTen, Oct 5, 2017
  7. chok Win User
    thanks! But same result with the PowerShell as admin (I tried more than several times!)

yes it's probable I use MS drivers since my computer (Dell Inspiron 3520) hasn't been updated for Windows 10. But it was working a few weeks ago (on windows 10).

chok, Oct 5, 2017
  8. AndreTen Win User

Check if drivers were updated (Reliability history will show it quickly, or find drivers propeties.. and events tab). If you find what was changed, it would be possible to revert it. Also, do you have some restore points (or even backup)?

AndreTen, Oct 5, 2017
  9. chok Win User
    Yes the drivers have been updated (well I uninstalled them, I guess windows reinstalled the last (maybe generic) version). I did installed and uninstalled many things this month, so there is an infinite number possibility. And no, I'am afraid I can't go back in the past. But thanks anyway for your great help Andre.

chok, Oct 5, 2017
  10. AndreTen Win User
    AndreTen, Oct 5, 2017
  11. chok Win User
    As you say! (But singularity isn't that far (27 year?), few more years to struggle with that).

(Oh but it that one from your link did not throw any error (neither confirmation message).

Code: [/quote] Code: powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE DRIVER "High Definition Audio Device" SYSTEM [/quote]

I don't know what it did, but it still can't sleep while playing

My mistake; The driver was simply uninstalled, so it's normal I did not get any error.

EDIT
    Sorry, Andra, I was away. Yes, I tried with the quote. I also uninstalled the Dell driver, powercfg -requests doesn't show anything blocking. The computer still doesn't sleep. I will keep you updated if I find a way to solve this.

12. chok Win User
    update: it's getting even more weider.

I finally uninstalled the Cirrus Logic High Definition Audio but it did not change anything (except that now powercfg -requests does not not show anything.

13. chok Win User

Only a great open source workaround: Sleep#: Save Power. No More Noise! download | SourceForge.net

(don't forget to thanks the guy with a good review)

It seems that it's normal, some people did complain that their pc fall in sleep while playing movie/sound, so Microsoft did that (info to be verified)

Thema:

1. PC won't sleep while playing a sound (audio driver prevent from sleep) - Similar Threads - won't sleep while

2. nvidia HDMI goes to sleep while playing Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia HDMI goes to sleep while playing Audio: When my pc was in energy saving and I am playing some flac files with windows 11 media playback and no other input after 5 minutes the energy saving options turn my monitor via DP and my audio-receiver connected via hdmi to no signal. So the audio playback is interrupted by...
  3. nvidia HDMI goes to sleep while playing Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvidia HDMI goes to sleep while playing Audio: When my pc was in energy saving and I am playing some flac files with windows 11 media playback and no other input after 5 minutes the energy saving options turn my monitor via DP and my audio-receiver connected via hdmi to no signal. So the audio playback is interrupted by...
  4. Audio Driver preventing computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Driver preventing computer from sleep: My computer will not go into sleep mode on its own, although I can manually put it to sleep. powercfg -requests shows: [DRIVER] Creative Audigy Audio Processor WDM PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0008&SUBSYS_10241102&REV_00\7&280829bf&0&000018000A An audio stream is currently in use....
  5. Audio driver prevents sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio driver prevents sleep mode.: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_18497893&REV_1003\4&6247a28&0&0001) An audio stream is currently in use. I've tried closing every program on my PC. Browser, Steam,...
  6. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe prevents PC from sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MoUsoCoreWorker.exe prevents PC from sleeping: Windows 10, 64-bit, 2004 PC is refusing to sleep, even when I press the power button. Start menu -> Power -> Sleep/Hibernate does not work either -- screen went black but came back in a few seconds. > powercfg /requests EXECUTION: [PROCESS]...
  7. PC Won't Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Won't Wake from Sleep: Hiya, For the last few months at least (can't remember when it started), after putting my computer to sleep, or it happening by itself, it doesn't wake up again. When asleep, the light flashes as it should, but when I press the power button/keyboard, the fans spin up to...
  8. PC Won't Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Wake From Sleep: Las two weeks, when I hit any key or mouse, PC will not wake from sleep shows black monitor but its green light is on. Have turn pc off and restart which starts without any problems. I 89834
  9. Audio driver preventing computer from sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Audio driver preventing computer from sleeping: Hi there, I have an audio driver that is preventing my pc from going to sleep. When I run powercfg /requests it gives the following: DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] VIA HD Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_0397&SUBSYS_1043836C&REV_1000\4&4ac9a6c&0&0001) An...
  10. Prevent pc from sleeping/turn off speaker while playing youtube videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent pc from sleeping/turn off speaker while playing youtube videos: Hi, I have a Dell S2415h monitor which comes with built in speakers in the monitor. I also have set the turn off monitor at 5 mins, and sleep at 15 mins. My problem is that when I view youtube videos more than 5 mins, the screen will turn off along with the built in...