Windows 10: Peer to peer problems

Discus and support Peer to peer problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The nbscan shows there is no Master browser so that will be part of the problem if one of is getting the wrong IP range from DHCP you must have two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by markg2, Aug 4, 2017.

1. markg2 Win User

Peer to peer problems

Samuria, I have no clue how to do as you ask?

>>>>On the T61 do the following ... Open Command Prompt as Admin
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /renew
    netsh winsock reset
    reboot pc >>>>

Eagle51, it doesn't appear to have had the intended result per attached ipconfig. FWIW, the Attached Devices are now back to 5 addresses, although some of the numbers are different.

If it makes any difference the router has Dynamic QoS turned off for attached devices.

markg2, Aug 5, 2017
  2. Eagle51 Win User

Hey Mark,
    You should be able to verify what DHCP IPs the Extender is handing out or set to... thru the router admin.
    Is your ISP Modem a modem/router ?
    If so, has it been put in Bridge Mode ?

Edit: Guess I should have asked if you actually using the Extender for any connections ?

Eagle51, Aug 5, 2017
  3. markg2 Win User
    The T61 is my old laptop that I rejuvenated last week after buying the P50. It was still plugged into the modem and not the router, duh, dunce cap...

You guys get a medal for tenacity! If you hadn't mentioned the bridge I doubt we would ever have figured out why the T61 disappeared.

I'm now going to the gym and beat up on the bike for an hour!

The T61 and P50 see all machines and open them up. My wife is working so I can't check the Dell and desktop from their end but will do so later today.

There still may be an access/rights problem with one of the machines to another but I'm pooped!

Thank you all so much again.

If there is a rights problem It'll be on a new thread. I think I've exhausted your servers on this one.

Mark

markg2, Aug 5, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Peer to peer problems

As many devices as you have that's easy to overlook ... Glad you got it straighten out *Smile

BTW ... Probably be a good idea to set Static IP's for the 4 PCs (maybe a couple other devices), but that's for another day.

Eagle51, Aug 5, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    The extender should normally have DHCP turned off so all PC's get the IP from one source. People all go wrong with sharing permission as well as the share you need to set NTFS permissions. Run the scanner again one PC should show as Master browser

Samuria, Aug 5, 2017
  6. markg2 Win User
    I'll do the best I can to respond given my overall lack of network knowledge.

Technically, the DST stands for dead spot terminator. I remember being told by the installing technician that the device is not the same as an extender. I use the term extender since, in a practical sense, that's what this thing does. Connecting to either the downstairs router or the upstairs DST is not automatic. Whatever device you're using you have to manually change from router or DST. Typically all our devices get their signal from the router unless we're in the kitchen or living room for a period of time then, if not getting a decent signal, we'd switch to DST for just that time.

I cannot find a screen that had DHCP enable/disable. The closest I can get is, 'by default, the DST gets its IP address dynamically from the router'.

Now, with all 4 machines in view and running NetBScan from the same P50, Connie-THINK has a YES for master browser.

Mark

markg2, Aug 6, 2017
  7. Samuria Win User
    When you look for a pc on the localnetworkwindows doesnt search it asks the master browser for a list as you didnt have one that was part of the problem idealy leave that on for a while with all other pcs on so it can update its list

Samuria, Aug 6, 2017
  8. markg2 Win User

Peer to peer problems

"What" am I leaving on?

markg2, Aug 6, 2017
  9. Eagle51 Win User
    Your Win7 PC ... If you were to shut down ALL your PCs and start the Win10(1703) PCs first, there's a good chance you network shares will disappear from File Explorer.

This is a known issue Win10(1703), so Until MS fixes the Win10(1703) Network Discovery / Master Browser issue, these workarounds should work.

1. You should still be able to access the shares using \\COMPUTERNAME\SHARENAME or \\192.168.X.Y\SHARENAME ... So you can map your network shares. Map Network Drive in Windows 10 Windows 10 Network Sharing Tutorials

2. If your router has a USB port and supports File Sharing (you have a USB Stick or USB HDD). Connect the USB Stick or USB HDD to your router and check your routers admin to make sure USB / File Sharing is enabled. This should make your router the Master Browser. Shut Down ALL PCs, then start each one.
    Note: You may need to reboot router, before starting PCs.

3. If you have a pre 1703 PC (xp,7,8,10-1607) on your network. Shut down ALL PCs, start the pre 1703 first, then start the other PCs. This should make the pre 1703 PC the Master Browser.

Eagle51, Aug 6, 2017
  10. markg2 Win User

markg2, Aug 6, 2017
  11. Eagle51 Win User
    Yes *Smile

Eagle51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Peer to peer problems

1. Peer to peer problems - Similar Threads - Peer peer problems

2. Mapping a network drive peer to peer - guide

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping a network drive peer to peer - guide: I have a small home office with a couple of Windows PC's and in the process of updating one of the machines.I am running an split access database and sharing the data file between the two computers.in the past, mapping a network drive has been fairly straightforward, as long...
  3. Peer to Peer Network issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Peer to Peer Network issue: I have added a Windows 10 computer to a network where the other two computers are currently legacy Win 7 machines. Having done all of the normal things put machine in same workgroup, enabled network discovery, disabled IPv6, shared the C drive I am now at the situation where...
  4. Peer to Peer Network issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Peer to Peer Network issue: I have added a Windows 10 computer to a network where the other two computers are currently legacy Win 7 machines. Having done all of the normal things put machine in same workgroup, enabled network discovery, disabled IPv6, shared the C drive I am now at the situation where...
  5. Peer to Peer Network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Peer to peer network application sharing

Peer to peer network application sharing: Is it possible with a peer to peer network to share an application that allows more than one user. The operating system is windows 10may upgrade to windows10 pro, application is a network version of past perfect, a museum software. Thanks...
  7. Peer-to-peer networking in Windows 10

Peer-to-peer networking in Windows 10: When is it expected to be possible, if ever? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/peer-to-peer-networking-in-windows-10/d477916b-2235-437c-aa37-b4e1b5f256fe
  8. Peer to Peer Connection in home network.

Peer to Peer Connection in home network.: Hi Everyone !, I have a Golf Game, (Jack Nicklaus 6) and I want to play accross my network which consists of a desktop connected to the modem by hard wire and a laptop connected to the modem by WiFi. To connect in the game I need the IP address of the computer hosting the...
  9. lost peer 2 peer server conncection

lost peer 2 peer server conncection: We have lost our peer to peer connection to our Window's 10 server machine from our Windows 10 office machines. We have a Windows 7 pro machine which can access the Windows 10 server machine with shared drives but the Windows 10 machines cannot. Help!!...
  10. Windows 10 Peer to Peer Network

Windows 10 Peer to Peer Network: I am working on a friends network, there are 4 computers on the network, 3 running Windows 10 and one running Windows 7. The main computer (Office) has a HomeGroup setup on it, and the other computers have been joined to that homegroup. "Office" also has a folder shared out,...