Windows 10: Permanently disable Focus Assist?

Discus and support Permanently disable Focus Assist? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've noticed the Focus Assist feature for a couple of weeks now and I've always wondered why it keeps enabling itself. It makes me miss potentially... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thanatica, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Thanatica Win User

Permanently disable Focus Assist?

I've noticed the Focus Assist feature for a couple of weeks now and I've always wondered why it keeps enabling itself. It makes me miss potentially important notifications. It looks like Focus Assist enables itself whenever my Thunderbolt 3 docking station with two external monitors gets connected. I believe Windows thinks I'm going to go in presenting mode, and it'll hide notifications for me.

All good and well, but these are just normal work monitors. I'm not presenting anything.

I've disabled Focus Assist, again, and it will come back when I reconnect my dock... So can I prevent Focus Assist from enabling itself, i.e. permanently disable it?

Alternatively, fix Windows so it knows when I'm *actually* presenting something. But right now, it's too intelligent for its own good, or rather, not intelligent enough. I'd rather not have too much intelligence though, because I have a brain that's most likely better for the foreseeable future Permanently disable Focus Assist? ;)

Besides, most presenting tools tell Windows to withhold notifications anyway, so we don't really need another mechanism.

:)

Thanatica, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Windows focus assist

Hello Mike, *Smile

Focus Assist used to be called "Quiet Hours".

It's a feature that basically allows you to pause or stop showing notifications when they would be inconvenient.

Here's some tutorials below to give you more details:

Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Change Focus Assist Automatic Rules in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Customize Focus Assist Priority List in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Windows focus assist

Ah, i just realized you can turn it off for gaming mode. Its might be help while i am working on my essay. Thanks.

mikelferdinan, Nov 13, 2018
  4. swarfega Win User

Focus Assist Alerts

Is there a way to disable the sound for focus assist alerts? I don't see the point in the sound alerts when the point of focus assist is to reduce "noise".

swarfega, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Permanently disable Focus Assist? - Similar Threads - Permanently disable Focus

2. Permanent Removal of Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanent Removal of Focus Assist: Fixes are not working I need Focus Assist removed. Focus Assist dose not assist me in any way at all. If anything Focus Assist is a hindrance that gets in my way effecting productivity. I have tried a total of 23 tips and nothing has worked have worked. I do not need anymore...
  3. Permanent Removal of Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanent Removal of Focus Assist: Fixes are not working I need Focus Assist removed. Focus Assist dose not assist me in any way at all. If anything Focus Assist is a hindrance that gets in my way effecting productivity. I have tried a total of 23 tips and nothing has worked have worked. I do not need anymore...
  4. Permanent Removal of Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Permanent Removal of Focus Assist or other fixes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanent Removal of Focus Assist or other fixes: I have tried every combination of every setting and switch in the Focus Assist settings, but no matter what I do it comes back on within seconds. I've been able to coast on 'priority only' mode as a compromise, with my messenger apps enabled as priorities, but that no longer...
  6. Permanent Removal of Focus Assist or other fixes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanent Removal of Focus Assist or other fixes: I have tried every combination of every setting and switch in the Focus Assist settings, but no matter what I do it comes back on within seconds. I've been able to coast on 'priority only' mode as a compromise, with my messenger apps enabled as priorities, but that no longer...
  7. Permanent Removal of Focus Assist or other fixes

8. How to remove Focus Assist permanently

How to remove Focus Assist permanently: Despite all my attempts at disabling Focus Assist using instructions provided by official MS and other websites, the app persists. I never use it. How can I permanently remove it, whether using Regedit or another method? FWIW, my Win10 Pro doesn't let me access Group Policies...
  9. How to Permanently Disable Focus Assistant

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Permanently Disable Focus Assistant: If it is possible to permanently disable Focus Assistant, I'd love to learn exactly how to do it. And I'm talking "permanent." I'm talking never, under any circumstances will it pop up again. There's probably no way, though. At least that's my suspicion. But here's why I'm...
  10. Unable to disable Focus Assist

Unable to disable Focus Assist: The Alarm App is a vital to me. I uses it for medication reminders. It has work flawlessly for me for a year. The Windows 10 update that introduced Focus Assist has rendered it useless. I've turned off all the options in Focus Assist. I've turned it completely off in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable windows focus assist

2. focus assist windows 10 turn off permanently

3. turn off focus assist mode

4. how to uninstall focus assist,
  5. disable focus assist,
  6. how to disable focus assist,
  7. focus assist windows 10 disable,
  8. remove focus assist windows 10,
  9. disable windows focus,
  10. windows 10 disable focus assist,
  11. uninstall focus assist windows 10,