Windows 10: Permanently disabling Windows defender

Discus and support Permanently disabling Windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; System Config: DELL Latitude E6410 Core i3 M380 2.53GHz 4 GB Ram Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit) Version 1809 OS Build 17763.134 Is there a way to Permanently... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by vijayrchandran, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Permanently disabling Windows defender

System Config:
    DELL Latitude E6410
    Core i3 M380 2.53GHz
    4 GB Ram
    Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit)
    Version 1809
    OS Build 17763.134
    Is there a way to Permanently disable Windows defender?
    Off late there are times when my system comes to a stand still. Forget playing a game doing anything earth shattering, opening even a simple word document takes about 5 minutes. The culprit seems to be Windows defender. More precisely the updates. It seems that whenever it check for or download definitions the entire system becomes sluggish. Tried disabling it via the method mentioned in this thread.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start/how-to-disable-windows-defender-in-windows-10/b834d36e-6da8-42a8-85f6-da9a520f05f2

Tried using Avast AV & there is a bit of relief but still about twice a day the system becomes sluggish. When it is sluggish & I click the check for update button it shows defender definition updating. Cannot understand why definitions are being downloaded when defender is turned off. Did some more digging & found a separate signature update section in local group policy editor (screenshot attached). Disabled every sing one of them & still the definitions keep downloading. Is there anyway to stop this?

Permanently disabling Windows defender 89d3f784-0e37-477f-b424-31c8b85d8fd5?upload=true.jpg

It almost looks as if Microsoft is hell bent of harassing its customers.
    Vijay.

:)

vijayrchandran, Dec 5, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Permanently Disable Windows Defender?

Since this is a TP. The option to turn off/disable Windows Defender is grayed out. However, you can turn off by:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

1. Open Admin Command Prompt and type: gpedit.msc
    2. Manoeuver to: Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows Defender
    3. Double click on "Turn Off Windows Defender" and select "Enabled" then click "Apply"

WARNING: After turn off "Windows Defender", you might not be able to turn it back on. I suggest before trying this, make a backup image so you can restore to the way it was.

Permanently disabling Windows defender [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Winuser Win User

On my computer it's in the Show Hidden Icons box. It's listed as PC status.

Permanently disabling Windows defender [​IMG]

Winuser, Dec 5, 2018
  4. XweAponX Win User

Permanently disabling Windows defender

Thanks a hell of a lot! I didn't know it turned itself back on after disabling it in Settings, this am when I got up it had deleted something important. I can't afford this happening, even with "exclusions", cos it seems that once something gets swallowed into Defender, you can't get it out of quarantine.

I just did this, Can I get in there and shut off the service now, too? Ah, it's shut off now, but I wanna get rid of the little defender icon. Defender is the one thing left over from earlier versions of Windows I totally despise, although I did use it in Windows 8 for the longest time.

XweAponX, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Permanently disabling Windows defender

1. Permanently disabling Windows defender - Similar Threads - Permanently disabling defender

2. Here is How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender

in Windows 10 News
    Here is How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender: Not everything in life is as simple as it seems. The same applies to disabling Windows Defender permanently. It requires modification of Windows 11 integral settings, which can become a challenge where one wrong move could lead to the malfunctioning of your PC. We will share...
  3. Disable Windows Defender Permanently

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Windows Defender Permanently: Unlike most reasons for shutting off Defender mine is different. I am using a program called CNC12 from Centroid. Defender running in the background causes errors in the machining process. I cannot install any other antivirus software because it will cause the same issues. I...
  4. Permanently disable Windows Defender

Permanently disable Windows Defender: I have a media server running on my internal network and it NEVER access the Internet. So, I have no AV running on it. You can say that is STUPID if you want, but it's what I want for this machine. I have a shortcut on the desktop to a Powershell script that invokes the...
  5. How to permanently disable Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to permanently disable Windows Defender?: I am using Windows 10 1909. I've been always disabling Windows Defender by gpedit: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Defender Antivirus -> Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus but it seems like since 1909, windows doesn' t...
  6. Any way to permanently disable Windows Defender?

Any way to permanently disable Windows Defender?: I've tried disabling it in settings, but it always turns itself back on after a few hours or after rebooting the computer. I've seen people online proposing .BAT files that supposedly permanently disable it, but this didn't work for me and it wound up turning itself back on...
  7. How to disable windows defender permanently?

How to disable windows defender permanently?: I've tried various methods that worked in the past but for some reason it doesn't work anymore. Anyone have a solution to completely disable this? submitted by /u/freesp33chisstilldea [link] [comments]...
  8. Unable to permanently disable Defender.

Unable to permanently disable Defender.: I have already tried disabling it through regedit and gpedit.msc. I’m on Windows 10 Pro 1909, but it is still on even after restarting. Any clues? submitted by /u/Szyszka420 [link] [comments]...
  9. Permanently disable windows defender?

Permanently disable windows defender?: How do i permanently disable this? It prevents me from playing cs. submitted by /u/naxelk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f1as9p/permanently_disable_windows_defender/
  10. Permanently Disable Windows Defender?

Permanently Disable Windows Defender?: I'm on build 10074 of Windows 10 and cannot find a way to permanently disable Windows Defender. When I go to Control Panel > Windows Defender > Settings, it brings up the new Windows 10 System Settings app which gives an option to turn "Real-time protection" off. However, the...