Windows 10: Personalization

Discus and support Personalization in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can not open this section of settings. Is this another quirky of update 14905 61244 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by enigma1944, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Personalization

I can not open this section of settings. Is this another quirky of update 14905

:)

enigma1944, Aug 22, 2016
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

"Personalization colours" aren't personal

Hi,

Normally, the settings of the computers in an organization are being set and controlled by the IT administrators. In some cases, users are allowed to personalize and make some changes with the computer settings. However, the computer usually restores the
    previous settings after every restart. To receive the best advice regarding your concern, we recommend that you get in touch with your IT administrator.

If you need further help about this, we suggest posting it to
    TechNet Forums
    . In this way, you'll receive the best possible assistance from IT professionals who are more equipped regarding this matter.

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Aug 22, 2016
  3. Personalization

I am having difficulties in placing desktop personalization back to Default mode.

The colors are constantly switching to "pick an accent color from my background", even when the box for this function is no longer checked.

I see no way to return to default mode.

There is no restore function ... only recovery .. which reformats the system.

StanleyJohnStonie, Aug 22, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Personalization

It works fine on both of my Insider Preview test machines, so it could be something specific to your environment. Here's how to access settings items from the Run box ... goes off to look ... it's called "Settings pages..." You might want to check those out to see if jumping directly into the Personalization stuff makes a difference. If not, I see lots of postings on Personalization problems with Windows 10 back into 2015. Hopefully, it's something you can resolve easily, but if not, perhaps a clean install would fix things?
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Aug 22, 2016
Thema:

Personalization

1. Personalization - Similar Threads - Personalization

2. How to 2 personal emails under the same user account?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to 2 personal emails under the same user account?: Hello I use 2 emails regularly, I own several products on my older email that I don't on my newer one, but I can't add my email for the microsoft store. Basically, the email I use for Windows 10 is my primary email that I use now, but my secondary email (my older one) has...
  3. Blue Screen after WIn 10 Update - need to know if personal files can be saved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen after WIn 10 Update - need to know if personal files can be saved: Hi - Windows performed an update to the latest version over thw weekend, failed and I tried to restore back to an earlier time point. Now my laptop is refusing to load Windows and I have various blue screens! I have downloaded the Creator Tools on to a USB and none of the...
  4. personal photos gallery

in Windows 10 Customization
    personal photos gallery: I do not want my personal photo gallery pictures on desktop screensaver but they come up in rotation anyway... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-photos-gallery/c57d9a95-3faf-45f3-a7cb-a0ed3d6f2a88
  5. Denied access to personal folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Denied access to personal folder: I'm at my wits end and really need some help. I turned my computer on yesterday and ws denied access to my personal folder. Under the folder documents, I created a folder for myself to put personal research etc files in. Now there's some kind of a green mark on the bottom...
  6. Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.: I was having trouble with being signed in to a temporary account so in the windows boot recovery I chose to reset my PC keeping all my personal files. 20 mins later however, I return to find my pc reset - and none of my files are there. Literally the only stuff left was a few...
  7. personal firewall lacks xml product code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    personal firewall lacks xml product code: I have been contacted by phone by someone claiming to be MS support person wanting to fix a reported error in my personal firewall. How can I verify this? I ran Macafee MVT which does report that the Personal firewall is not functioning because it lacks some xml code. They...
  8. Save 40% to Get MiniTool Power Data Recovery Personal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save 40% to Get MiniTool Power Data Recovery Personal: On Friday 17 May PST you can get MiniTool Power Data Recovery - Personal Edition at a reduced price. Our price: $41.40 List price: $69.00 You save: 40% MiniTool Power Data Recovery lets anyone, regardless of technical expertise, recover lost data from deletions and...
  9. Font Adjustment Inside personalize

Font Adjustment Inside personalize: I updated my computer today (5.13.19) and the option to change font size or make bold inside personalize is no longer there. This was very useful since I'm on a computer for work and the small font size makes my eyes hurt. Has this option moved to a new location? It also...
  10. Personalize the theme

Personalize the theme: Previous version of the windows 10 has a option to modify the background image of a theme. So I can easily get a mark on the image which I want on my background but in this version of windows I can't find it. Can anyone help me with that?...