Windows 10: Phantom devices under Family } Apps & Game Limits

Discus and support Phantom devices under Family } Apps & Game Limits in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Under my Family Safety tab of Microsoft account, if I go to Apps & Game Limits subtab it shows a list of devices these limits will apply to. My child... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by silvergated11479, May 7, 2020.

1. Phantom devices under Family } Apps & Game Limits

Under my Family Safety tab of Microsoft account, if I go to Apps & Game Limits subtab it shows a list of devices these limits will apply to. My child should have access to 4 devices and they are on there listed correctly. However, there are two additional device icons for a total of 6 devices listed here with no names. One is in red. When I click on exclamation mark on that red device icon, nothing.Does anyone know how I can remove these two other phantom blank labeled device or device icons off this Apps & Game Limits device list or at the very least find out why they are there? Note: My Devices list is fine. These two ghost devices are ONLY appearing in the Apps & Game limits page. Also, I did unlink some old devices out of the Microsoft Store as well and now those device links are listed correctly in the store accounts. Appreciate any help.

:)

silvergated11479, May 7, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New App and Game Limits for Family Settings on Windows 10 and Xbox One

Source: New app and game limits empower parents with more specific settings | Windows Experience Blog

How to Set App and Game Limits of Microsoft Family Child on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter

Brink, May 7, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New App and Game Limits for Family Settings on Windows 10 and Xbox One

Source: Introducing App and Game Limits for Family Settings - Xbox Wire

How to Set App and Game Limits of Microsoft Family Child on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android

Brink, May 7, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Phantom devices under Family } Apps & Game Limits

New Microsoft Family Safety Preview app for Android and iOS

Source: Microsoft Family Safety: Protect Your Family - Office Insider Blog

Brink, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Phantom devices under Family } Apps & Game Limits

1. Phantom devices under Family } Apps & Game Limits - Similar Threads - Phantom devices under

2. Apps appear and disappear from Microsoft Family App and Game Limits

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Apps appear and disappear from Microsoft Family App and Game Limits: My family is using Windows 10, and I am using the Microsoft Family App and Game Limits feature to block and unblock access to games. From day to day, the list of apps that show under App and Game Limits on the website changes, and sometimes an app that I have blocked stops...
  3. removed device still appears in microsoft family 'app and game limits' tab

removed device still appears in microsoft family 'app and game limits' tab: In Microsoft Family under the tab 'app and game limits' I have four devices that have been removed. The apps on these old devices are all still being listed even though the device no longer exists. It is a real pain since the devices all have the same name. I want to add a...
  4. Microsoft family Apps and game limits don't work

Microsoft family Apps and game limits don't work: I have blocked every single game and app for my child and it seems it doesn't work. I have also blocked Microsoft store and for some reason my child can install games every time. I get the notifications to allow my child to play the games and I deny all of them. My child...
  5. "App and Game Limits" not recognizing apps to limit in MS Family

"App and Game Limits" not recognizing apps to limit in MS Family: I want to use Microsoft Family to limit kids' ability to pay a specific game Kerbal Space Program to no more than X hours per day, on just a single Windows 10, brand new Acer laptop. No other devices at issue or being used with these accounts. But when I go to "App and...
  6. Family Apps and game limits in time frame 12AM not valid

Family Apps and game limits in time frame 12AM not valid: so I am trying to set app limit from 1PM to 12AM but it kept saying "choose a valid time frame", how do I setup to only use the app between 1pm until midnight? It only allow me set from 9:30 or earlier to 12AM, any other time will says it's to choose valid time frame....
  7. Family settings app and game limits unable to read a device

Family settings app and game limits unable to read a device: Hi there, I have set up a child account and am trying and trying to set limits for apps through online family settings. The overall screen time limits seem to be working, but in the 'app and game limits' tab our device is marked red with an exclamation mark. When hovering...
  8. App and game limits - Microsoft Family

App and game limits - Microsoft Family: Suddenly my daughter gets messages she has to ask a parent for more time to use Chrome. App and game limits in Family is OFF and grayed out, I have never set any restrictions. How can this be fixed?...
  9. App and game limits

App and game limits: Hello. I have set 4 hours maximum for the Fornite app on my son´s PC. But this rule is clearly not being applied, as shown by the attached activity screenshot. Any idea what the issue might be? Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  10. Device Limit Reached For Installing Apps & Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Limit Reached For Installing Apps & Games: Anyone else received this email from 'Microsoft Devices Team' <maccount[@]microsoft.com>? I haven't followed any of the links and logged in, however the links look legit, it doesn't appear to be a phishing email. Hi, It looks like you've reached your device limit for...