Windows 10: Photo App file systewm

Discus and support Photo App file systewm in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What does the Photo App use to determine the sequence to display photos? I think it's Taken Date. But, I have Photos in Folders. I can't change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WilliamAndersen, May 18, 2020.

1. Photo App file systewm

What does the Photo App use to determine the sequence to display photos?

I think it's Taken Date.

But, I have Photos in Folders. I can't change the date of the folder and it looks like the App is displaying those photos by the Folder Date Created, not by the individual photos Taken Date,

Bill, WIn 10 and its up to date

:)

WilliamAndersen, May 18, 2020

2. File Explorer Crashes and unable to access Photo App

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while accessing the photos from Photo App, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to copy the photos files to a different location and try to upload it as a profile picture on Outlook account and check if you are able to do it.

If the issue still persist, suggest you to troubleshoot the Photo App.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists then follow the below method:

Method 2: I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app
    using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in
      the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, May 18, 2020
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Photo App file systewm [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, May 18, 2020
  4. robinpe Win User

Photo App file systewm

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Photo App file systewm

1. Photo App file systewm - Similar Threads - Photo App file

2. Photos app file behaviour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app file behaviour: Hello everyone,So this is the most bizarre behaviour I've ever seen. If I double-click on a photo in Explorer, the first one in the file list as sorted by name, it opens in the Windows 10 Photos app, which is great. But then as I try to scroll to the next image, it will make...
  3. Photos app file behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app file behaviour: Hello everyone,So this is the most bizarre behaviour I've ever seen. If I double-click on a photo in Explorer, the first one in the file list as sorted by name, it opens in the Windows 10 Photos app, which is great. But then as I try to scroll to the next image, it will make...
  4. Converting photos and videos in the photos app to a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting photos and videos in the photos app to a file: So I have pictures that I took on my phone that i put on my desktop through the photos app, and I want to put it in a file, I've been trying to do it but I cant figure it out, can anyone help?...
  5. Photo App not finding photos in files

Photo App not finding photos in files: I recently downloaded several photos and videos which I had in Google Photos. Unfortunately when I attempt to import them the app does not recognise any of the photos. They are all JPEG or DJI. Does anyone have a solution to this issue?...
  6. .MOV files on Photos App

.MOV files on Photos App: Hi, I have been having problems playing MOV files on the photos app. I downloaded some codecs from the microsoft store at a cost of 79 pence. This has partially fixed the problem as Photos app will now play the files. However, when I try to incorporate these MOV files...
  7. Photos app, and or file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos app, and or file explorer: This drive me crazy and I have always been pretty good with the computer. This one has me beat though. If I take a photo at 7:59 pm and another one at 8:01pm they will go to different folders on my PC. The one from 7:59 will go to a folder created with that days date. For...
  8. Loss of Video and Photo files in Photo App.

Loss of Video and Photo files in Photo App.: I shot a video project and imported all of the files too my laptop through the Photos App. A couple days later I go open the Photos app and a lot of my photos and mainly video files were no longer in my Photo collection. When I tried importing more footage through an SD card...
  9. Photo apps won't open photo files

Photo apps won't open photo files: Out of the blue I can no longer open photo files like PNG, JPG, etc. and don't know when this started. I can select open with Windows Photo Viewer and it will open fine but if I close that file and reopen again I get an error "The app didn't start". Nor can I open any other...
  10. Where are help files for the app "Photos"?

Where are help files for the app "Photos"?: I can't figure out how to use the retouch edit function. Where are the help files for Windows 10 apps? 25779