Windows 10: Photo gallery

Discus and support Photo gallery in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why am I unable to download photo gallery from windows essentials to windows 10,tried several times but without success. 34602 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by willden, Dec 20, 2015.

1. willden Win User

Photo gallery

Why am I unable to download photo gallery from windows essentials to windows 10,tried several times but without success.

:)

willden, Dec 20, 2015

2. Cannot resize photos in Windows 10.

there are lots of posts for resizing in photo gallery but I dont have photo gallery. i am running windows 10 and have Photos but not Photo Gallery. how do you resize in Photo?

Original title: photos resize

Martha.Myers, Dec 20, 2015
  3. BD6759 Win User
    Nokia Suite Gallery

Thanks, but that doesn't really help much. I need to know how to get photos into the gallery in the first place.

My photos folder is a "watched" folder. I have used "refresh" several times but the photos are not displayed in the gallery.

I have tried dragging from my photos folder into gallery. After I do this it tells me that no photos have been added.

I removed all my photo form the gallery, uninstalled nokia suite, and re-installed it again Where I once had 150 photos in the gallery, I cannot now get ANY photos in the gallery.

BD6759, Dec 20, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Photo gallery

Why do you say " without success ? "
    Was there an error message during installing Windows Essentials ?
    When you started downloading Windows Essentials, you should be prompted to install a Netframework first. Did you allow it to be installed ? You do need that installed first.
    Did you go to All apps > look for Phot Gallery under Alphabet P ?

davidhk, Dec 20, 2015
  5. willden Win User
    Have now managed to download gallery and it shows message saying:Loading:and goes no further.If I connect a cable my two computers will I be able to move my photo's from my old computer to the new one?.

willden, Dec 21, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    I believe I suggested the following to you in the other thread of yours........
    Basically I was suggesting to copy the photos from one computer ( Win 7 ) to an USB drive or an external hard drive > take the USB drive to the other computer (Win 10) > drag and drop the photos from the USB to the computer.
    Want to try that ?

I think I also gave you the link to install/enable Copy To and Move To right click context menu.

davidhk, Dec 21, 2015
  7. willden Win User
    For some obtuse reason what you suggested failed to work when I tried it.Only been on Windows 10 about a week on my new computer but everything seems to be far more awkward to use than Windows 7 on my old computer.Could you please reiterate what steps I should try.

willden, Dec 22, 2015
  8. davidhk Win User

Photo gallery

I am afraid I can't explain any more clearer than I had already said..........
    Insert the USB into your Win 7 > go to the folder where the photos are stored > drag them into the USB flash drive.
    Take the USB to your Win 10 computer, insert the USB > drag the photos to the folder where you want the photos to be stored.

You can do the transfer of photos much more efficiently if you enable Copy To and Move To right click context menu...................
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

davidhk, Dec 22, 2015
  9. willden Win User
    We seem to be at cross purpose here.I am unable to download photo gallery from windows essentials to drag or do anything else in windows 10.To try and clarify I have two computers,one with W7 and photo gallery working fine with a load of photo's in and another computer with W10 on where I seem unable to download photo gallery from windows essentials.The problem is being able to download photo gallery to W 10 that will work.Hope this helps.

willden, Dec 22, 2015
  10. davidhk Win User
    Yes, I am aware of your problem.
    I switched to using USB because I felt it will at least help you transferring the photos to Win 10 computer.

I have no idea why you failed to install Windows Photo Gallery.
    On that subject, I have reminded you that you need to install the Netframework ( I don't remember the netframework # ) first. Once that is installed, you should be able to install Windows Essentials without any problem. When downloading Windows Essentials, you will be asked to pick the programs you want. I'd assume you had picked Photo Gallery.

I did a couple of Clean Install on my Windows 10 and I reinstalled Windows Essentials without any issue at all.

davidhk, Dec 22, 2015
  11. willden Win User
    H ave never been asked to download netframework in any of my attempts to download photo gallery.Never seen any mention of netframework so if I need it how do I obtain it.

willden, Dec 22, 2015
  12. davidhk Win User
    You know something ? You are right.
    I just went to install Windows Essentials and I was not asked to install the netframework anymore.
    However, installation went through without any trouble.

Here is the photo gallery under All apps > alphabet P............

Photo gallery [​IMG]

davidhk, Dec 22, 2015
  13. davidhk Win User

Photo gallery

I am very sorry.
    I cannot think of any way to help you installing Photo Gallery.
    I'm out of ideas.

davidhk, Dec 22, 2015
  14. willden Win User
    Have gone through that routine several times and I finish up with a frozen photo gallery spread saying it is loading,but when I click on anything nothing works.The only way I can then remove it is by then closing the computer down.

willden, Dec 22, 2015
  15. davidhk Win User
    Go to Programs and Features > scroll down to Windows Essentials 2012 > right click at it > click Uninstall.

You can't use it, might as well uninstall it.

You could then reinstall Windows Essentials if you still care to give it a go.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Photo gallery

1. Photo gallery - Similar Threads - Photo gallery

2. Photo Gallery Shadow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo Gallery Shadow: I use windows photo gallery in Windows 10. I've wondered why there is a small shadow on the right and lower sides of my pictures when I view them. I think it's to project the photo when you view it. This has been that way since I upgraded to Windows 10 years ago. Is there a...
  3. Windows Live Photo Gallery build 16.4.3528.311

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Photo Gallery build 16.4.3528.311: I have just installed this on a Windows 11 laptop and it works fine until the app is closed. When it's reopened, added folder locations have been lost, which results in the thumbnail and face recognition files being recreated which takes hours with 40k photos. If there isn't...
  4. Windows Live Photo Gallery build 16.4.3528.311

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live Photo Gallery build 16.4.3528.311: I have just installed this on a Windows 11 laptop and it works fine until the app is closed. When it's reopened, added folder locations have been lost, which results in the thumbnail and face recognition files being recreated which takes hours with 40k photos. If there isn't...
  5. Problems with photo's stored in Gallery and icloud photo's.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with photo's stored in Gallery and icloud photo's.: I'm no techy person at all so any answers must be idiot proof; whenever I search for problems online the replies normally stump me at the first stage! 2 Questions - Firstly photos taken on iphone stopped appearing on my desktop automatically, but with some very random button...
  6. Problems with photo's stored in Gallery and icloud photo's.

Problems with photo's stored in Gallery and icloud photo's.: I'm no techy person at all so any answers must be idiot proof; whenever I search for problems online the replies normally stump me at the first stage! 2 Questions - Firstly photos taken on iphone stopped appearing on my desktop automatically, but with some very random button...
  7. Problems with photo's stored in Gallery and icloud photo's.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...: In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop and save photos as a new image. I want my GPS information to be retained as I upload images to Inaturalist but it disappears. Can you change that?...
  9. In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...

In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...: In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop and save photos as a new image. I want my GPS information to be retained as I upload images to Inaturalist but it disappears. Can you change that?...
  10. I want to use Windows Live Photo Gallery on my new computer that is using Windows 11--the...

I want to use Windows Live Photo Gallery on my new computer that is using Windows 11--the...: I have been using Windows Live Photo Gallery on my older computer that is using Windows 11. Why can't I get it to work on my new computer that has Windows 11??? I made a direct transfer of all programs, files and folders from the old computer to the new one. I realize some...