Windows 10: Add 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by OldMike65, Aug 12, 2016.

1. OldMike65 Win User

Add 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10

How to: Add 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10

When you press and hold or right click on selected file(s) and folder(s) and click/tap on Copy To folder, it will copy them to a location you select immediately.

When you press and hold or right click on selected file(s) and folder(s) and click/tap on Move to folder, it will remove them from their current location and move them to a location you select immediately.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove Copy To folder and Move to folder to the context menu for all users in Windows 10.

While you must me signed in as an administrator to be able to add or remove "Copy To folder" and "Move to folder" to the context menu, all users will be able to use the context menu if added.

To also Copy file(s) regardless of the source and target destination, hold down the CTRL key while you drag and drop the file(s).

To also Move file(s) regardless of the source and target destination, hold down the SHIFT key while you drag and drop the file(s).

The default location for Copy to folder and Move to folder is in the Home tab in the ribbon of File Explorer. You could click/tap on Choose location to see the "Copy Items" or "Move Items" dialog.

Add 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

EXAMPLE: Copy To folder and Move to folder

Here's How:

1 Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Copy To folder" and "Move to folder" to Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Copy-Move_To_Folder_to_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Copy To folder" and "Move to folder" from Context Menu
    This is the default setting.

A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Copy-Move_To_Folder_from_context_menu.reg

Download
    4 Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7 You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

OldMike65, Aug 12, 2016
  2. MikeLewis1954, Aug 12, 2016
  3. I have a suggestion of a new feature in files browser

I am a windows user and my work involves copying and moving very large numbers of files to different folders, doing this sometimes leads to copying or moving files to the wrong folders, so I suggest to add a feature that I presume has not been
    added in any windows version or any other operating system that I used like (OS X and Ubuntu) that I guess the name (waypoint) will be most describtive to it.

In the folder context menu there should be an option called (add to waypoint)

After adding the folder to the waypoint it should ask the user if they want to add subfolders to waypoint or not.

Choosing a folder to be added to waypoint should make two new options enabled in the files context menu:

- Copy to waypoint > submenu of chosen waypoints

- Move to waypoint> submenu of chosen waypoints

Choosing a folder to be added to waypoint will make it appear in windows file browser with any label to show that it is a chosen waypoint.

Managing this feature can be done in two ways:

- visually by right click and choosing the option from the folders context menu

-from folder "organize" menu where there should be waypoint options:

1- "Add waypoint" where you can browse your computer drives and permitted network points to be added as waypoints

2- " View and/or Remove waypoint" where it shows you all waypoints on the computer and network where you can just view and/or remove undesired anymore waypoint.

- This feature can be added to all windows 10 or any windows version

- This feature can be developed as I described or by any other way windows developers see appropriate.

I hope you find it beneficial for user experience

Thanks

Mohamed H. A. Osman, Aug 12, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hey Mike, *Smile

Yep, these will work in Windows 7 as well.

Brink, Aug 13, 2016
  5. Hi Brink, is there possibly a way for a "send shortcut to" option in the context menu? So I can send a shortcut of any file or folder to any location I want?

bobsagetfullhou, Sep 16, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Bob, *Smile

The only option that I'm aware of for now is to use "Send to" -> "Desktop (create shortcut)", then move it to where you like.

Brink, Sep 16, 2016
  7. Been doing that for a while but gets annoying when you have to send multiple shortcuts to different locations.

Thanks anyway *Smile

bobsagetfullhou, Sep 16, 2016
  8. string Win User

Command Prompt Here maybe?

string, Sep 18, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 18, 2016
  10. 3CT
    3ct Win User
    Hi Brink,

The remove .reg file doesn't remove the copy to entry for me.

Could you help me? *Wink

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello 3ct, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

I don't see any issues with the .reg file for why it won't remove the "Copy To Folder" context menu item for you.

If you like, open Registry Editor (regedit.exe), and navigate to the key below to see if you still have it. If you do, right click on the {C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13} key, click on Delete, and click on Yes when prompted to approve deleting it.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}

Brink, Feb 22, 2017
  12. 3CT
    3ct Win User
    Thank you for the reply.

That's the funny thing. The key is not there. In HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT only found in CLSID\.. and in Wow6432Node\..

13. Brink
    Brink New Member

You'll need to scroll down past all that under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT to see "AllFilesystemObjects".

Brink, Feb 22, 2017
  14. 3CT
    3ct Win User
    We're at a misunderstanding. What I mean is the key is not in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\

Only in the other two locations.

15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you mean the {C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13} key, then what other two locations is it located for you?

Did you use this tutorial to add it to your context menu, or from another site that may have used a different method?

Brink, Feb 22, 2017
Thema:

1. Add 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add 'Copy folder'

2. Add Controlled Folder Access commands to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Add Controlled Folder Access commands to Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When Controlled Folder Access is turned on, it helps you protect valuable data from malicious apps and threats, such as ransomware. It is part of the Windows Defender Exploit Guard. This post shows how to add Turn On or Off [...] This post Add Controlled...
  3. How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?: I'd like to select files and folders and move them to a specific folder and do that using the context menu? Probably Windows doesn't offer that feature by default, so maybe I should use a script, change the registry, or something. I tried with 'sendto' folderX, however,...
  4. How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?: I'd like to select files and folders and move them to a specific folder and do that using the context menu? Probably Windows doesn't offer that feature by default, so maybe I should use a script, change the registry, or something. I tried with 'sendto' folderX, however,...
  5. Add or Remove New Folder Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove New Folder Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove New Folder Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove New Folder Context Menu in Windows 10 A folder is a location where you can store your files. You can create any number of folders and even store folders inside other folders (subfolders)....
  6. ''Customize this Folder'' context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    ''Customize this Folder'' context menu: Hi, Is there a wizard around that can give me a .reg file to remove ''Customize this Folder'' from the context menu? [img] ''Customize this Folder'' context menu : techsupport 34546
  7. Add Turn On or Off Controlled Folder Access context menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Turn On or Off Controlled Folder Access context menu Windows 10: How to: Add Turn On or Off Controlled Folder Access context menu Windows 10 How to Add "Turn On or Off Controlled Folder Access" context menu Windows 10 Starting with Controlled folder access is introduced in Windows Defender Antivirus. Controlled folder access helps...
  8. Add Copy Contents to Clipboard to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Copy Contents to Clipboard to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Copy Contents to Clipboard to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add 'Copy Contents to Clipboard' to Context Menu in Windows 10 The Copy Contents to Clipboard context menu item will allow users to copy the contents of a single .bat, .cmd, .css, .js, .log,...
  9. Copy path - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Copy path - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Copy path - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Copy path to Context Menu in Windows 10 Copy path or Copy as path will copy the full path of selected items (files and folders) wrapped in quotes to the Clipboard so you can paste the full path(s) of the...
  10. Add Empty Folder to context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Empty Folder to context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Empty Folder to context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Empty Folder context menu in Windows 10 The Empty folder context menu will instantly and permanently delete everything in a folder after a one time Y/N confirmation to prevent emptying the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers Customize this folder