Windows 10: Photo viewer app for Windows 10

Discus and support Photo viewer app for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. So i just recently came up with the windows 10 app about photo viewing. I like how it helps you organize your pictures in albums, date taken,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Γιάννης Παναγιωτίδης, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Photo viewer app for Windows 10

Hello. So i just recently came up with the windows 10 app about photo viewing. I like how it helps you organize your pictures in albums, date taken, etc. I have a question though about that date thing. Why does it stop at 1969 when you go back? I have photos taken way before that and i want to post the correct date on them. I haven't found anyone else complaining about this, so that makes me think i must be the only one with this problem. Thank you.

:)

Γιάννης Παναγιωτίδης, Apr 28, 2019
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Photo viewer app for Windows 10 [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Apr 28, 2019
  3. cheeesus Win User
    How to bring back Photo Viewer in Windows 10?

Unfortunately, none of the above answers worked for me, but they pointed me in the right direction.

1. Right-click on an image in Windows Explorer, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    2. In the dialog, scroll down and click on More apps, then `Look for another app on this PC.
    3. Then, at the bottom right, choose All Files (*.*) instead of Programs (*.exe ...), then navigate to C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer and choose PhotoViewer.dll.
    4. Photo Viewer opens. Close it.
    5. Repeat Step 1: Right-click again on the image, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    6. Again scroll down to click on More apps.
    7. Now Windows Photo Viewer appears in the apps list. Choose it and click on Always use this app to open .png files.

Once you did steps 1-4, you don't have to repeat them for other file types. Steps 5-7 should suffice.

cheeesus, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Photo viewer app for Windows 10

photo viewer

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as corrupted system file or your graphic driver needs to be updated. To isolate your issues about viewing photos in
    Windows Photo Viewer, we just have a few questions:

• Is the issue the same with a different image file format?
    • Have you tried using the Photo app to check if the issue is the same?
    • Is the issue only occurs with the photos that were captured using your DSLR camera?
    • Have you tried downloading photos online and check if the issue is the same?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, to troubleshoot your issue in using the Windows Photo Viewer, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter. To do so, click on this
    link. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you update your graphic driver. To do this, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Photo viewer app for Windows 10

1. Photo viewer app for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Photo viewer app

2. Photo Viewer app???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Viewer app???: Hi; I updated a friends comp to win10 from win8.1, now all her pics are missing info. She swears she was using windows photo viewer and had all her pics titled and dated. This is different from file name. Win10 photo app does not show the title/Subject or date. I tried...
  3. Photos app vs Windows 8 Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos app vs Windows 8 Photo Viewer: So I recently made the final switch to Windows 10 (was still using 8.1 simply because there was no need to switch, new PC obviously came with Win 10 now). One thing I miss is the Photo Viewer from Win 8.1, as the new Photos app is lacking a lot of small features that added a...
  4. Windows 10 photo viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 photo viewer: Running windows 10 using photo viewer, I'd like to know how to set a default setting of full screen view. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-viewer/8d27fdd5-b8d4-4512-87fc-74a932bf0fcb
  5. Windows 10 photo viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 photo viewer: Typical error "Windows Photo Viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer. Close some programs that you aren't using or free some hard disk space (if it's almost full), and try again.' - not a memory problem! Only get...
  6. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777
  7. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: when I try to enlarge a picture in the photo viewer, they window turns transparent. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-viewer/376a2bf0-7c7f-416e-8ab6-125b0e7e44a9
  8. Windows 10 Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Photo Viewer: I'm trying to run the photo viewer that comes with Win10. It will not even open. When I try to run it I get a message that says "This app can't open." Not sure what to do or what information is needed. Thanks, Art...
  9. Windows 10 Photo Viewer

Windows 10 Photo Viewer: I'm looking for a Photo Viewer for Windows 10 Home 64-bit that's as close as possible to that found on Windows 7. I've tried Microsoft Photos on the Windows Store but once I zoom in or make an image I'm viewing full screen, the other options at the top of the screen disappear...
  10. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: How to show oldest photos first in windows 10 photo viewer Can someone please help me out here on the above.I decided to have a go with the W10 photo app,But failed on how to arrange the viewing I would like to have the windows to show oldest first.Or is it set to show...