Windows 10: Photo viewer no longer works after Cumlative Update

Discus and support Photo viewer no longer works after Cumlative Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Updated to 2020-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version1909 for x64 based Systems KB4551762. System setup with me as administrator and second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pragmaticron, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Photo viewer no longer works after Cumlative Update

Updated to 2020-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version1909 for x64 based Systems KB4551762.

System setup with me as administrator and second logon profile for spouse.

For second user, no photos on desktop or in Outlook 2016 email attachments can be viewed.

When trying Open With, Photos is not listed as an available app, and TWINUI appears twice in the list.

Help!

:)

pragmaticron, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Clark Ari Win User

photo viewer

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as corrupted system file or your graphic driver needs to be updated. To isolate your issues about viewing photos in
    Windows Photo Viewer, we just have a few questions:

• Is the issue the same with a different image file format?
    • Have you tried using the Photo app to check if the issue is the same?
    • Is the issue only occurs with the photos that were captured using your DSLR camera?
    • Have you tried downloading photos online and check if the issue is the same?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, to troubleshoot your issue in using the Windows Photo Viewer, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter. To do so, click on this
    link. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you update your graphic driver. To do this, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Apr 16, 2020
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Photo viewer no longer works after Cumlative Update [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Dutch Win User

Photo viewer no longer works after Cumlative Update

Need help with getting "Choose a default" to work in Photo Viewer

Hello again. You are correct about that, meaning, I did state I had tried "open with".

Turns out, by simply using "open with" the problem was not solved. By taking the extra step after selecting "open with" and not selecting Photoshop there as one would expect to work, but instead selecting "choose another app" and then selecting Photoshop listed there, the setting held. It's certainly a convoluted way of selecting one's desired photo viewer.

Thanks again.

Dutch, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Photo viewer no longer works after Cumlative Update

1. Photo viewer no longer works after Cumlative Update - Similar Threads - Photo viewer longer

2. Photos App no longer working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App no longer working...: Is there anyone except me who is experiencing being unable to open photos anymore? I can't open any photos in Windows Explorer anymore. If I bring up a folder of photos and click on one to open it, it says, "The specified feature could not be found." Has anybody else...
  3. Photos App no longer working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App no longer working...: Is there anyone except me who is experiencing being unable to open photos anymore? I can't open any photos in Windows Explorer anymore. If I bring up a folder of photos and click on one to open it, it says, "The specified feature could not be found." Has anybody else...
  4. Microsoft Photo Viewer stopped working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Photo Viewer stopped working: So I tried resetting it and I rebooted and it disappeared. So I have tried reinstalling it several times. It says it's trying to reinstall but it the app store still provides the option to install and it doesn't show that it's downloading or installing. I've had it with...
  5. Continued failure to update Cumlative Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Continued failure to update Cumlative Updates: Why do the cumulative updates fail to install on a win 10 laptop when you check for updates???? Version = 20H2 OS build = 19042.630 There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact...
  6. Microsoft Photos no longer works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Photos no longer works: After an automatic Windows update, Photos app no longer functions. If I attempt to open the app directly, the opening screen appears for a few moments and then closes. If I click on a jpg file in explorer, I get a system error code -2147219196. I tried uninstalling the...
  7. Microsoft photo viewer does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft photo viewer does not work: or whatever it's name is, the default app that opens photos doesn't work at all, when I click on any photo it's says "the app didn't start" Add to Phrasebook No word lists for English -> Arabic... Create a new word list... Copy I "repaired" it and "reset" it nothing...
  8. Win 10 Photo viewer not working

Win 10 Photo viewer not working: I don't know what happened but for the past week or so the Win 10 Photo Viewer App has quit working. I've done a search on this and it seems like others are having the same problem. I've tried resetting the app, no luck, tried the troubleshooter, no luck, I even uninstalled...
  9. Photo Viewer not working

Photo Viewer not working: My default microsoft photo viewer app has not been working! It crashes as soon as soon as it is opened and the message displayed is "File system error (-2147219196) I've tried all the commands on powershell, I have repaired and reset the app, and even uninstalled and...
  10. Favorites folder flagged by NTFS after latest cumlative update

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites folder flagged by NTFS after latest cumlative update: After the update to 14393.187 all the url files in my favorites folder have the popup "File Download - Security Warning". It only does it when I open them from my toolbar or favorites folder. If I open Edge first then access my favorites they open fine. I have a lot of url...