Windows 10: Photos app updated to a version I neither asked for nor care for. QUIT! (PS I'm even...

Discus and support Photos app updated to a version I neither asked for nor care for. QUIT! (PS I'm even... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Photos app updated to a verion I neither asked for nor care for. QUIT! The on-going fight to get MS to recognize that users -- me -- don't like having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Richard Denney, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Photos app updated to a version I neither asked for nor care for. QUIT! (PS I'm even...

Photos app updated to a verion I neither asked for nor care for. QUIT! The on-going fight to get MS to recognize that users -- me -- don't like having apps FORCED on us.

:)

Richard Denney, Mar 19, 2019
  2. OliveVT Win User

Photo App quit working in Windows 10

Original Title: Photo App Windows 10

For no reason my Windows/Microsoft Photo App quit working in Windows 10.

I have tried all of the suggestions listed here so far

with no success.

Has anyone had better luck resolving this issue?

Thank you!

OliveVT, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Insider Preview App Update - Photos App version 16.1128.10010.0

Source: Microsoft Photos app - Windows Store

Photos app updated to a version I neither asked for nor care for. QUIT! (PS I'm even... [​IMG]
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Photos app updated to a version I neither asked for nor care for. QUIT! (PS I'm even...

Photo App quit working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

• What happens when you try to launch Photo app?

• What all steps have you tried to resolve the issue?
    Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the troubleshooter
    for Windows apps
    and check if it helps.

App Troubleshooter is an automated tool which we have developed to address a number of known issues that can prevent the Apps from running properly. This troubleshooter automatically fixes some issues, including suboptimal
    screen resolution, incorrect security or account settings etc. You can click on this link to download and run the Apps troubleshooter.

Step 2:

You may try to uninstall the apps using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store.

Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the app form Windows store.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/microsoft-photos/9wzdncrfjbh4

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Photos app updated to a version I neither asked for nor care for. QUIT! (PS I'm even...

1. Photos app updated to a version I neither asked for nor care for. QUIT! (PS I'm even... - Similar Threads - Photos app updated

2. many apps not working, neither Photo nor Microsoft store and many other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    many apps not working, neither Photo nor Microsoft store and many other: I have had my computer for 2 weeks. It came with Windows 11 already installed brand new. Things were working great, but now I suddenly cannot open my photos. I get a message that says "This app can't open. Check the Windows store for more info about photos." However, I also...
  3. many apps not working, neither Photo nor Microsoft store and many other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    many apps not working, neither Photo nor Microsoft store and many other: I have had my computer for 2 weeks. It came with Windows 11 already installed brand new. Things were working great, but now I suddenly cannot open my photos. I get a message that says "This app can't open. Check the Windows store for more info about photos." However, I also...
  4. Neither can I install these updates nor remove them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Neither can I install these updates nor remove them: There are these 3 updates available. If click on download and install all, it remains the same. If I have a close look, it says error occurred for a millisecond .Even if I try to install them one after the other, it's the same....
  5. Neither can I install these updates nor remove them

Neither can I install these updates nor remove them: There are these 3 updates available. If click on download and install all, it remains the same. If I have a close look, it says error occurred for a millisecond .Even if I try to install them one after the other, it's the same....
  6. Neither feature update 2004 nor 20h2 offered

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Neither feature update 2004 nor 20h2 offered: It is now May 16 and Microsoft is no longer supporting W10 1909. I have W10 Pro 1909 and have never been offered a feature update. I have a 2020 HP Spectre x360 13t with i7 1065G7 processor, 16GB Ram. And 1TB SSD. I have been able to update Cumulative and Security updates but...
  7. Inability of W10 to neither recognize nor open a photo from an iPhone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inability of W10 to neither recognize nor open a photo from an iPhone: I know there are several work-arounds and "try this or that's" around, but this should not even be a discussion in 2021. Windows 10 has been around for 6 years now, and through all these many updates and "feature upgrades", this flaw should have been corrected, by Microsoft,...
  8. Neither windows nor explorer search are working

in Cortana
    Neither windows nor explorer search are working: I don't know what caused this but neither Windows search nor Microsoft Explorer Search are working. I click on them and nothing happens. Can anyone help?...
  9. Your Phone Windows App on Surface Pro Can Neither Update nor Launch

Your Phone Windows App on Surface Pro Can Neither Update nor Launch: Hello, My Surface Pro's OS is Microsoft Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.18362. It came pre-installed with the Your Phone App. My Android phone has Android version 9. Launching the Your Phone app on the Surface always sends me to the update screen, which if clicked return me...
  10. Can neither update Windows nor download Store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can neither update Windows nor download Store apps: Hi everyone, A few days ago, I tried to download an app form the Microsoft store for my Surface Go, but an error message appeared. I then tried downloading another apps, with the same result. I searched in the Internet, and tried several solutions (logging out and then in,...