Windows 10: Photos suddenly not appearing in File Explorer

Discus and support Photos suddenly not appearing in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I regularly transfer photos from my iPhone to my PC, which runs on Windows 10. Photos are transferred using Microsoft Photos and then immediately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JWatchie, Mar 2, 2019.

1. JWatchie Win User

Photos suddenly not appearing in File Explorer

I regularly transfer photos from my iPhone to my PC, which runs on Windows 10. Photos are transferred using Microsoft Photos and then immediately appear in File Explorer in files according to month and year. However, as of 2/15/19, my photos can no longer be found in File Explorer. This is very annoying, as I like to open my photos here, where the date of the photos can be seen and I can open them via Microsoft Office Photo Manager, which I very much prefer for viewing and editing my photos rather than the Photos app.

Can you please tell me how to resolve this problem? Thank you!

:)

JWatchie, Mar 2, 2019

2. Photo viewer/storage and File Explorer vs Edge Menu

Hi Roderick,

Software changes such as Windows Update may revert your device settings to default. As an initial step to reconfigure your settings, we suggest that you try the methods below:

• There are instances wherein the photos need to load for a few minutes before the thumbnails appear. However, if the thumbnail doesn't load and still see the Photo icon, you can follow these steps:
      • Type File Explorer Options in the search box and press
        Enter.
      • A dialog box will appear. Under the View tab, ensure that the
        Always show icons, never thumbnails box is not ticked.
      • If ticked, click the box to remove or disable it.
    • For the Windows key, click the download button under the
      Enable the Windows key section provided on this support article to install the
      file on how to re-enable the feature to open the Start menu using the
      Windows key.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! Photos suddenly not appearing in File Explorer :)

justinmreina, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

File Explorer "Photos" icon now missing since Creators Edition update

You could restore the classic Windows Photo Viewer app

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Photos suddenly not appearing in File Explorer [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Photos suddenly not appearing in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Photos suddenly appearing

2. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  3. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  4. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. photos and file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos and file explorer: I have a new windows 11 laptop which came with the new photos app. All my photos get saved in one drive to this app. How do I get the new photos I've just taken to save in my file explorer on this pc? I need to work with the photos in file explorer not the new windows 11...
  6. photos and file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos and file explorer: I have a new windows 11 laptop which came with the new photos app. All my photos get saved in one drive to this app. How do I get the new photos I've just taken to save in my file explorer on this pc? I need to work with the photos in file explorer not the new windows 11...
  7. File Explorer and photos

File Explorer and photos: I'm usually good with this sorta stuff but I cant figure this out: How do I make my pictures from file explorer open in Photos? I've tried pressing the open in thing but photos is not showing, I also tried looking in settings on the photos app....
  8. iPhone 11 not appearing in file explorer or Photos app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iPhone 11 not appearing in file explorer or Photos app: I've been trying everything I can find online for a few hours now - totally frustrated. I have a new laptop with Windows 10 less than 6 weeks old and wanted to download the photos off the phone onto the laptop. Initially I could "see" the phone in File Explorer but I...
  9. Photos on File Explorer

Photos on File Explorer: I have been able to show all my photos for years in alpha/numeric sequence in file explorer slide show; but now the show them in a random sequence, including all my old files which previously showed them as alpha/numeric. Please could you tell me how I can disable random play...
  10. File Explorer / Photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer / Photos: Hello, Through One Drive I have all of my pictures on PC. Today I accidentaly pressed Group By button in File Explorer and all of my photos are in different order. I've tried every single button grouping by Name, Time and even None anyhow all the photos aren't in the same...