Windows 10: Photos wont open images and windows apps run then crash.

Discus and support Photos wont open images and windows apps run then crash. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Basically i was trying to open some images and a error message popped up saying "The app didn't start" then i realised that it was photo's fault as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TGP25, Jan 4, 2020.

1. TGP25 Win User

Photos wont open images and windows apps run then crash.

Basically i was trying to open some images and a error message popped up saying "The app didn't start" then i realised that it was photo's fault as it couldnt even open and when i try to open the store, it runs then crashes. Ive tried alotta solutions from 2015 but non seem to help. I have only realised today that my images wont open. Would be happy if anyone helped me ;-;

:)

TGP25, Jan 4, 2020
  2. tarn_55 Win User

photo app in windows 10 wont load

my photo app wont open, and I cant uninstall it for it does not come up in the apps list in the settings. But it is in the all apps list.

When I have tried to reinstall it from playstore it says already installed. But wont open, and the new Twinui default photo view app wont open any jpeg files it say "class not registered".

I have followed other suggestions of troubleshooting, and system scan with no results.

Any suggestions?

regards

Tarn

tarn_55, Jan 4, 2020
  3. ben201 Win User
    Windows Photos App crashes

So since today my Photos App is crashing as soon as i open it. It goes into a blackscreen for about 2-3 Seconds and than crashes.

Information about the error:
    This Crash is generating chrash dumps that contain the error code 0xC0000602 in module mrt100_app.dll or 0xc000027b in module twinapi.appcore.dll.

I found two intresting facts about the error:
    - If I try a system restore to a point created 3 days ago, the App starts working again. A few minutes after using the system, the app starts crashing again.
    - I created a new local account and the app does seem to work on that new account until now.

Steps I have tried:
    - Reinstall Photos app by uninstalling it using Powershell and rerisntalling it - did not change anything
    - Reregister the App - did not change anything
    - Scan the System with sfc and dism - no errors
    - Use System resstore - see above, did only work for a few minutes.

Microsoft Support suggested reinstalling Windows, but I do non really want to reinstall the whole system just because one app is not working...

ben201, Jan 4, 2020
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 Photos app crashing upon opening

May I suggest an alternative : Restore Windows Photo Viewer
    How to Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

davidhk, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Photos wont open images and windows apps run then crash. - Similar Threads - Photos wont open

2. the default app for opening images is not photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the default app for opening images is not photo viewer: So i download a image from google using save as button and when i open the image it opens paint instead of photo viewer i tried right clicking it and then click open with i went through all options but there was no photo viewer in there i tried creating a shortcut of the...
  3. the default app for opening images is not photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the default app for opening images is not photo viewer: So i download a image from google using save as button and when i open the image it opens paint instead of photo viewer i tried right clicking it and then click open with i went through all options but there was no photo viewer in there i tried creating a shortcut of the...
  4. Windows photos app not working - images not opening

Windows photos app not working - images not opening: I recently bought a new laptop and right away there were problems with the windows photo app - when i open a picture, the app opens but it does not display the picture, instead it shows is a plain white screen. This doesnt happen everytime but if it will happen at least...
  5. Photo wont open

Photo wont open: Hello, Windows 10 Ultimate OS Build 18362.778 Vere 1903 For some reason some of my pics will not open and I get the message "It appears that we dont support this file format " the format shown in properties is Jpg file. Other Jpg files in the same folder open correctly. Can...
  6. Photo wont open

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo wont open: Hello, Windows 10 Ultimate OS Build 18362.778 Vere 1903 For some reason some of my pics will not open and I get the message "It appears that we dont support this file format " the format shown in properties is Jpg file. Other Jpg files in the same folder open correctly. Can...
  7. Error when open images in Windows Photo app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error when open images in Windows Photo app: I am trying to open Windows Photo images but get a file system error-2147163901... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-open-images-in-windows-photo-app/f474c2ef-1e45-44e3-b7bc-3e80b77e27f1
  8. Open WebP images on Photos app

Open WebP images on Photos app: Hi How to Open WebP images on Photos app ? its only showing in windows photo viewer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-webp-images-on-photos-app/e163fe16-5b83-44df-93fc-5f17c913aebe
  9. windows photo app wont open

windows photo app wont open: the app wont open and I cant find help or answers on the web. any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/windows-photo-app-wont-open/9fded477-2081-4c0f-a8e5-52bca137f244
  10. Photos app opens blurry images in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Photos app opens blurry images in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Although the Photos app in Windows 10 is a smooth and useful application, some users have reported that when they use the Photos app to open images, it displays blurry images even when the images are of high resolution and [...] This post Photos app opens blurry...