Windows 10: Pin top left hand of start menu in RC (not tile)

Discus and support Pin top left hand of start menu in RC (not tile) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The ability to pin a shortcut to the left hand of the start menu was a function apparently removed in RC. This really affected my productivity with 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by joew, Aug 25, 2015.

1. joew Win User

Pin top left hand of start menu in RC (not tile)

The ability to pin a shortcut to the left hand of the start menu was a function apparently removed in RC. This really affected my productivity with 10 so I reverted to 7 after a week. I would like to go back to 10 so does anyone know if this has been reintroduced?

:)

2. John_L. Win User

Why do my Windows Phone 8 tiles change position by themselves

Hello V-Bmyers,

If you watch the video, at 1:37 you can see him flipping the phone over and the tile on the top left is in "edit" mode where it shows the "remove pin" and "minimize/maximize" round icons that are black and white on the right side of the tile.

As for "random" moving tiles, this was because this particular person held his phone in a way that part of his hand was on a tile and placed it in "edit" mode and his hand moved the tile up and to the left. You will notice an empty tile to the right of the
    large tile at the top.

If you happen to keep your phone in your hand while the "Start" page is up, you might be causing the phone to have the "Start" page in edit mode. This allows you to move tiles, resize tiles, and remove tiles from the "Start" Page.

Hopefully this solves the mystery of your changing tiles.

John

John_L., Aug 25, 2015
  3. How to remove My documents icon from the desktop in windows 10?

alright that worked thank you, I was just nervous it was going to delete everything

I have a second question which is, is there a way to add a favorites section to the start menu on the left hand side where it says most used? I know how to pin items to the start menu, but that adds them to the right hand side where all the tiles are. I
    want it on the left side where the most used icons are

Thank you

michaelbank, Aug 25, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Pin top left hand of start menu in RC (not tile) - Similar Threads - Pin top left

2. start menu pinned tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu pinned tiles: so when i close everything it goes to desktop and im not able to see desktop apps because start menu is blocking everything and wont close. os build {19041.508} 2004...
  3. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: when ever i close everything i cant see anything in desktop apps because start menu pinned tiles wont close??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-tiles/e0987182-f335-48a0-ab83-c7f1a213dfbd
  4. Start menu pinned tiles lost

Start menu pinned tiles lost: Hello to all, Yesterday I have done the following Windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4551762/windows-10-update-kb4551762 Now I see that I also moved to Version 1909, too. … and ever since all my pinned programs in the Start menu are gone not the...
  5. No left hand start menu!

No left hand start menu!: I am using the windows insider edition, and I would like to get rid of the start menu that the windows flag opens without tiles in it and have the tiles float on the desktop. Can this be done? Me 151559
  6. Windows 10 start menu tile group cannot arrange to top left of the start panel

Windows 10 start menu tile group cannot arrange to top left of the start panel: I just bought a new laptop and start to set up my start menu tile group. But I removed the original tile group by accident. I try to create my own tile group but I cannot arrange it to the top of start menu. Is there anyway to fix this issue? [ATTACH] Thanks....
  7. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  8. Left-hand side start menu true customisation?

in Windows 10 Support
    Left-hand side start menu true customisation?: Hey guys, back in the good old days of W7, you could pin an application to the start menu and it would appear on the left hand side and it would also offer a list of recently opened things within that application as a right arrow for ease of selection. For example,...
  9. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?: Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin...
  10. Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?: ....referring to the huge blank space Microsoft has provided on the left side of the start menu below the "most used" programs and above the folders selected in the Personalization/Start settings. Is this not customizable? Or has anyone figured out a workaround for this...