Windows 10: Pinning the "Home" tab on folder explorer.

Discus and support Pinning the "Home" tab on folder explorer. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I come from other versions of windows and I was always used to having a toolbar on top on the folder where the "Create new folder" was always in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LichtHund, Sep 21, 2019.

1. LichtHund Win User

Pinning the "Home" tab on folder explorer.

Hello, I come from other versions of windows and I was always used to having a toolbar on top on the folder where the "Create new folder" was always in there.

Currently on windows 10 to access it I need to click on the Home button on top then click on create new folder. I want to know if it is possible to make the Home tab be always open.

Current:

Pinning the "Home" tab on folder explorer. 8c3662c0-9ae6-42e5-ae00-8ea007e3f36b?upload=true.png

How I want:

Pinning the "Home" tab on folder explorer. ea5dfaab-6a52-4e3c-955f-5e6360b6a506?upload=true.png

Thank you!

:)

LichtHund, Sep 21, 2019

2. Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 21, 2019
  3. How to pin a folder to the pinned File Explorer's frequent list?

How to pin a folder to the pinned File Explorer's frequent list?

DebroopGoswami, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Pinning To File Explorer

I can confirm that in 1903 I can click and drag a folder and pin it to File Explorer on the taskbar. I can also confirm that the pinned folders on the taskbar are the same ones show in Quick Access in File Explorer, and that pinning a new one to the taskbar adds it to Quick Access.

It may be that your File Explorer jump list is corrupted. This can happen occasionally and have similar odd effects to those you describe. If so, you can delete the jump list and start again with an empty list. To do so, delete the file:

%appdata%\microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations\f01b4d95cf55d32a.automaticDestinations-ms

To clear the jump lists for all apps, not just the one for File Explorer, see this tutorial.

Clear File Explorer History in Windows 10

Thema:

1. Pinning the "Home" tab on folder explorer. - Similar Threads - Pinning Home tab

2. No Grouping In Home Tab In File Explorer [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Grouping In Home Tab In File Explorer [Windows 11]: Since upgrading to Windows 11 22H2, I have observed that the recent files, quick access files, and MS Office files are not being grouped under their respective categories as intended. {below Image]The options Group by and Sort are also greyed out. [Below Image]EditionWindows...
  3. No Grouping In Home Tab In File Explorer [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Grouping In Home Tab In File Explorer [Windows 11]: Since upgrading to Windows 11 22H2, I have observed that the recent files, quick access files, and MS Office files are not being grouped under their respective categories as intended. {below Image]The options Group by and Sort are also greyed out. [Below Image]EditionWindows...
  4. Home Folder In File Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Folder In File Explorer Crashing: Hi! Can someone helped me with this?The only folder that crashed is the "Home" folder. I don't have issues on any other folders. I have tried clearing the cache, restarted the explorer with task manager, but nothing works. I also tried this one but, the results is not what I...
  5. Home Folder In File Explorer Crashing

Home Folder In File Explorer Crashing: Hi! Can someone helped me with this?The only folder that crashed is the "Home" folder. I don't have issues on any other folders. I have tried clearing the cache, restarted the explorer with task manager, but nothing works. I also tried this one but, the results is not what I...
  6. Home Folder In FIle Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Folder In FIle Explorer Crashing: Hi, I recently had an update, and now have this "HOME" folder, however, every time I open it, it crashes/restarts the file explorer. I have thankfully changed the option of when opening file explorer, it opens on 'My PC', instead of 'Home', otherwise it was very frustrating...
  7. Home Folder In FIle Explorer Crashing

Home Folder In FIle Explorer Crashing: Hi, I recently had an update, and now have this "HOME" folder, however, every time I open it, it crashes/restarts the file explorer. I have thankfully changed the option of when opening file explorer, it opens on 'My PC', instead of 'Home', otherwise it was very frustrating...
  8. Win11 Tabbed Explorer - Duplicate Links from 'Home'

Win11 Tabbed Explorer - Duplicate Links from 'Home': I am running a fresh install of Windows 11 in a VBox VM and I just installed the new update that enables Tabs in File Explorer for Win11, but I am having some issues with it. I had the same issues with a full metal install, but I ended up disabling 'Home' and Quick Access, to...
  9. File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties: When I right click on a folder, I'd expect to see the customize and other tabs. However, I do not see any tabs other than the 'General' tab and 'Previous Versions'. You may have noticed that the "Read-Only" box is checked. I tried to uncheck it, and uncheck other boxes in...
  10. Pinned tabs

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned tabs: I have this problem with a web page that i pinned to the task bar. I no longer need this pinned, but I cant delete it from the task bar. How do I remove it? Any help would be greatly appreciated! *Tongue 110587