Windows 10: Pinning things to the file explorer on start bar?

Discus and support Pinning things to the file explorer on start bar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure whether this is the appropriate forum, but, when you right click on the file explorer icon on the start bar you see, among other things, some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alfred001, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Alfred001 Win User

Pinning things to the file explorer on start bar?

Not sure whether this is the appropriate forum, but, when you right click on the file explorer icon on the start bar you see, among other things, some frequently accessed folders and you see some pinned folders (downloads, pictures etc.) and I'm wondering whether there's any way to add some folders to the pinned list that I'd like to add for quick access.

I can't seem to find any way to do it.

:)

Alfred001, Feb 8, 2017

2. where do i ;ocate windows explorer?

pinned to taskbar

in the start menu

they changed the name to File Explorer

but it's still the same thing

Locutus deBorg, Feb 8, 2017
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Feb 8, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

@Alfred001, if you hover your mouse to the far right of any name in the 'Recent' list you can pin it to the list of pinned items. This works for the File Explorer icon on Start and on the taskbar (if you have File Explorer pinned to the taskbar).

Jump Lists - Pin or Unpin Items in Windows 10

Pinning things to the file explorer on start bar? [​IMG]

Bree, Feb 8, 2017
  5. Alfred001 Win User
    Ah, thank you!

I noticed that but thought it was for unpinning.

Alfred001, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Pinning things to the file explorer on start bar? - Similar Threads - Pinning things file

2. File Explorer bar missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer bar missing: I am not sure what to call this, but in a few of my folders, the highlighted bar is missing. Not every folder, just a few. How do I get this bar back everywhere? Thank you....
  3. Search Bar in file explorer and in start menu isn't working

in Cortana
    Search Bar in file explorer and in start menu isn't working: I noticed that the search bar in the start menu and in the file explorer isn't working 2 weeks from using the clipboard feature Windows+V on two of my devices which makes my life so hard, I can paste text in it but can't type in it I did the power shell solution it worked for...
  4. file explorer displaying things incorrectly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer displaying things incorrectly: Whenever I try to delete big files, my storage shown in file explorer shows that I am losing space rather than gaining space. Not sure why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-displaying-things-incorrectly/40cd3369-f606-4f18-a624-1fd6ca8d9989
  5. Pinning file explorer to the task bar to access files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pinning file explorer to the task bar to access files and folders: I accidentally unpinned the file explorer icon from the task bar at the bottom of the screen. It is the icon I use to access all my files and folders. Now I can't access any of my folders. What can I do to recover the icon on the task bar?...
  6. File Explorer - Explorer Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer - Explorer Bar: The explorer bar window on my File Explorer seems to think it's re-sizable now, and when I move my mouse over it, the icon changes to a resizing one. Except, I cannot actually resize it. Does anyone know how to remove this? See the below image for what I mean......
  7. How to pin File Explorer to the Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to pin File Explorer to the Start menu: Pls. tell me how to pin File Explorer to the Start menu, so that I will have it in 2 places (also on taskbar), so that I can open it separately (twice) at the same time....
  8. Pinning To File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning To File Explorer: I did a lot of reading and searching on this problem but never found anything completely on target. I used to be able to drag a folder icon to the file explorer icon on the task bar and it would be pinned to the file explorer. A right click on file explorer shows 11 items...
  9. Some things in Windows Explorer won't Pin to Start Menu despite option

in Windows 10 Support
    Some things in Windows Explorer won't Pin to Start Menu despite option: There is the option on many things in windows expolorer, if you right click, "Pin to start" .. for instance.. say you have a folder you want to pin a shortcut to.. you right click that.. pin to start.. it should then appear in the start menu.. well on my system it doesnt.....
  10. How to Pin folder to start bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Pin folder to start bar?: Hey guys, I am trying to pin a folder from my internal hard drive I use for storage to the start menu. I figured out how to pin the main folders(Documents, Pictures, Videos...) to the start bar but I can not figure out how to pin any other folders. Can anyone help?...