Windows 10: Pinning To File Explorer

Discus and support Pinning To File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did a lot of reading and searching on this problem but never found anything completely on target. I used to be able to drag a folder icon to the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by larrydonline, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Pinning To File Explorer

I did a lot of reading and searching on this problem but never found anything completely on target. I used to be able to drag a folder icon to the file explorer icon on the task bar and it would be pinned to the file explorer.

A right click on file explorer shows 11 items "pinned" and 8 more under "recent". I think you're allowed 12 items in the "pinned" section. I deleted one to be certain there was a place to put the one I was adding.

I get the info bubble pop up that says 'add to pinned" yet nothing ever actually gets pinned. Does this not work any longer in Win10 v.1903?

If you can't drag and drop, then how do folders get added to the pinned section of the right click menu on file explorer? Thanks for any help.

:)

larrydonline, Jul 3, 2019
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Pinning things to the file explorer on start bar?

@Alfred001, if you hover your mouse to the far right of any name in the 'Recent' list you can pin it to the list of pinned items. This works for the File Explorer icon on Start and on the taskbar (if you have File Explorer pinned to the taskbar).

Jump Lists - Pin or Unpin Items in Windows 10

Pinning To File Explorer [​IMG]

Bree, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Pinning To File Explorer

File Explorer not opening via pinned Taskbar icon on Windows 10

Hi Leon,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I apologies for delay in reply. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to unpin the File explorer from the task bar and re-pin the File Explorer and check If issue is resolved. If issue persist, I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Pinning To File Explorer

1. Pinning To File Explorer - Similar Threads - Pinning File Explorer

2. Pinned Icons in the File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned Icons in the File Explorer: After the recent cumulative update for win 11 22H2, I can't see the Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures, and Videos folder icons in the file explorer app. Any guidance on how to get back those?Thanks...
  3. Pinned Icons in the File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinned Icons in the File Explorer: After the recent cumulative update for win 11 22H2, I can't see the Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures, and Videos folder icons in the file explorer app. Any guidance on how to get back those?Thanks...
  4. Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working: The Pinned file explorer on the taskbar doesn't work for few days.If I left click the file explorer icon, nothing will happen. If I click again to do anything on the taskbar, the taskbar will just freeze. However, the file explorer can be opened via start menu, desktop icon,...
  5. Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working: The Pinned file explorer on the taskbar doesn't work for few days.If I left click the file explorer icon, nothing will happen. If I click again to do anything on the taskbar, the taskbar will just freeze. However, the file explorer can be opened via start menu, desktop icon,...
  6. Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Pinning File Explorer to secondary taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning File Explorer to secondary taskbar?: Hi! I'm trying to pin a shortcut to the explorer on my secondary taskbar but I have no idea how to do this.I'm using a dual-monitor setup with two taskbars, with 'showing programs on taskbar where window is open' enabled. I also use a third-party add-on to set the icons to...
  8. Pin File Explorer to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin File Explorer to Taskbar: I have gone through all of the recommended steps for pinning File Explorer to the task bar and nothing works. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? [Original Title: File Explorer]...
  9. Cannot pin File Explorer to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot pin File Explorer to Taskbar: I just bought a new Win 10 PC about 8 hours ago and am trying to set it up. I tried to transfer files from my external hard drive onto the new laptop only to find out, once the transfer was nearly complete, that Win 10 defaulted the transfer into my OneDrive, which I...
  10. Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.: I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything was fine then. But recently I am experiencing an issue which is "Pinned items and Jump List are not displayed in File Explorer in both Taskbar and Start Menu". Pinned items and Jump Lists are...