Windows 10: Pinning To File Explorer

Discus and support Pinning To File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did a lot of reading and searching on this problem but never found anything completely on target. I used to be able to drag a folder icon to the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by larrydonline, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Pinning To File Explorer

I did a lot of reading and searching on this problem but never found anything completely on target. I used to be able to drag a folder icon to the file explorer icon on the task bar and it would be pinned to the file explorer.

A right click on file explorer shows 11 items "pinned" and 8 more under "recent". I think you're allowed 12 items in the "pinned" section. I deleted one to be certain there was a place to put the one I was adding.

I get the info bubble pop up that says 'add to pinned" yet nothing ever actually gets pinned. Does this not work any longer in Win10 v.1903?

If you can't drag and drop, then how do folders get added to the pinned section of the right click menu on file explorer? Thanks for any help.

:)

larrydonline, Jul 3, 2019
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Pinning things to the file explorer on start bar?

@Alfred001, if you hover your mouse to the far right of any name in the 'Recent' list you can pin it to the list of pinned items. This works for the File Explorer icon on Start and on the taskbar (if you have File Explorer pinned to the taskbar).

Jump Lists - Pin or Unpin Items in Windows 10

Pinning To File Explorer [​IMG]

Bree, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Pinning To File Explorer

File Explorer not opening via pinned Taskbar icon on Windows 10

Hi Leon,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I apologies for delay in reply. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to unpin the File explorer from the task bar and re-pin the File Explorer and check If issue is resolved. If issue persist, I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Pinning To File Explorer

1. Pinning To File Explorer - Similar Threads - Pinning File Explorer

2. File Explorer launches when Edge is pinned to taskbar.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer launches when Edge is pinned to taskbar.: Hi, I have a very peculiar situation where File Explorer launches itself when I open Edge from a pin on the task bar. If I go to the Start menu and open Edge, only edge opens. I have tried unpinning and re-pinning Edge to the taskbar, but the issue returns. Any ideas?? 127463
  3. File Explorer Quick Access trouble.. Cannot pin items

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Quick Access trouble.. Cannot pin items: File Explorer is behaving weird - I cannot pin items to Quick Access. When I pin items they won't appear to QA. Also when dragging items to QA nothing happens and there's a small icon indicating that is not possible. I did some "tweaks" with Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.5 but...
  4. Cannot pin File Explorer to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot pin File Explorer to Taskbar: I just bought a new Win 10 PC about 8 hours ago and am trying to set it up. I tried to transfer files from my external hard drive onto the new laptop only to find out, once the transfer was nearly complete, that Win 10 defaulted the transfer into my OneDrive, which I...
  5. File Explorer Quick Access has Recent Folders pinned but it vanishes..

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Quick Access has Recent Folders pinned but it vanishes..: So File Explorer Quick Access shows Recent Folders, because I pinned it to be there: [img] But, when you go to "Save as" dialog box, Recent Folders inexplicably disappears from Quick Access: [img] Why is that? How can I fix it so that "Save as" and "Open" show...
  6. How to re-pin File Explorer to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to re-pin File Explorer to Taskbar: I had unpinned file explorer from the taskbar and now I would like to re-pin it. Is this possible and if so, how is this accomplished please. 73820
  7. Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.: I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything was fine then. But recently I am experiencing an issue which is "Pinned items and Jump List are not displayed in File Explorer in both Taskbar and Start Menu". Pinned items and Jump Lists are...
  8. Increasing number of items to be pinned to File explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Increasing number of items to be pinned to File explorer: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and would like to know how I go about increasing the number of items to be pinned to File Explorer It would be appreciated if someone could kindly assist me in advising me how to set the maximum number of items to be pinned to file...
  9. Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Not Opening with any

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Not Opening with any: The Problem. Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Documents , Desktop or Anything on the drop down list Not Opening with any Double Click or Right Click > Open Click . . .On 1 of my PC's (main One) , Works OK on the Others. I believe they are all setup the same....
  10. Pinning things to the file explorer on start bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning things to the file explorer on start bar?: Not sure whether this is the appropriate forum, but, when you right click on the file explorer icon on the start bar you see, among other things, some frequently accessed folders and you see some pinned folders (downloads, pictures etc.) and I'm wondering whether there's any...