Windows 10: Playback not displaying properly

Discus and support Playback not displaying properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All videos only show part of the picture in playback. It seems to expand the picture beyond what can be displayed. I've looked for settings but can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AndyRoberts6, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Playback not displaying properly

All videos only show part of the picture in playback. It seems to expand the picture beyond what can be displayed.

I've looked for settings but can find nothing to adjust the size.

Any help appreciated.

:)

AndyRoberts6, Dec 21, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

All Video playback choppy

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the Video Playback troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Video Playback.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Display adapters driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Select the Graphic driver from the list by extending Display adapters.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.
    If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Dec 21, 2018
  3. video playback freeze for a split second with a buzzing sound about every 20 to 30 seconds

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which application you are using to play the video?
    • What is the format of the videos you are trying to play?
    • Does this happens with all other videos as well?

This issue might be due to outdated or corrupted graphic card drivers. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Video Playback Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run the Video Playback
    Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run
    Video Playback troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Video Playback
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update your graphic card drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.

• Search for Display Adapters.

• Right-click on the graphics
      card and click on Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Playback not displaying properly

Corrupt cortana not displaying properly

As per my below image, when I open cortana the display does not look right. There are three options under "can I be of assistance?" (or one of the other sayings things it puts there) which only become visible when I hover over them. I don't believe this is the proper behavior. Also in the "pick up where I left off" section it just oddly shows icons of the program I was using and doesn't give the name of the file. I don't believe this is the correct behavior either. Clicking on one of the icons opens up a recent file.

I tried following these steps with no luck - Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Not hovering over any option:

Playback not displaying properly [​IMG]

Hovering over one option:

Playback not displaying properly [​IMG]

bobsagetfullhou, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Playback not displaying properly

1. Playback not displaying properly - Similar Threads - Playback displaying properly

2. Display not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display not working properly: My laptop display worked perfectly using hdd, but when im using ssd it just goes black screen.When i connected it to externay displayon hdd it display both laptop screen and external, i tried to switch back to ssd but my laptop screen didn't work it's just displaying the...
  3. Display not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display not working properly: My laptop display worked perfectly using hdd, but when im using ssd it just goes black screen.When i connected it to externay displayon hdd it display both laptop screen and external, i tried to switch back to ssd but my laptop screen didn't work it's just displaying the...
  4. Email Not Displaying Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Not Displaying Properly: For a while now, some of my received emails have not been displaying properly using the stock email app for BOTH Windows 10 & 11. Instead of text & pictures, I'm receiving formatting code?.This doesn't affect all messages, but it seems to be consistent in terms of the...
  5. Powerpoint is not displaying properly

Powerpoint is not displaying properly: I have 2013 Microsoft Office Professional+, running Windows 10 Home edition 64 bit. I am attempting to edit a presentation. All of the slides which contain .jpgs appear a jumbled compilation of several slides as you can see in the attachment. I've tried repairing and also...
  6. Display and Video playback errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display and Video playback errors: The video colors on my MSI laptop appear to be distorted. I tried changing the color schemes but they didn't help. In addition to this, whenever I play a video, it can be on a browser or an app, it seems to have a distortion. Like it gets partitioned in between either into 2...
  7. Display and Video playback errors

Display and Video playback errors: The video colors on my MSI laptop appear to be distorted. I tried changing the color schemes but they didn't help. In addition to this, whenever I play a video, it can be on a browser or an app, it seems to have a distortion. Like it gets partitioned in between either into 2...
  8. playback device is not working properely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    playback device is not working properely: how to repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playback-device-is-not-working-properely/d3ab2385-66ca-4300-86b8-b6f22aca2487
  9. Storage not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage not displaying properly: Hello, I'm running into an issue where my storage is not displaying the proper amounts. I'd love some assistance as this is preventing me from managing my storage on a nearly full computer. Image attached for refernece: [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows not displaying properly: So this is how my windows appear. Texts are missing everywhere! It's close to impossible doing even just simple tasks. It's actually a good thing to have the names of the folders on the left side of the screen in this photo since they also disappeared as I was copying the...