Windows 10: Please Help Fast!! Restoring Old Documents Location V1709

Discus and support Please Help Fast!! Restoring Old Documents Location V1709 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I was trying to move my documents folder into my external hard drive so I could have mods for my sims games on the external. Unfortunately, I did it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shyestspade, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Please Help Fast!! Restoring Old Documents Location V1709

So I was trying to move my documents folder into my external hard drive so I could have mods for my sims games on the external. Unfortunately, I did it wrong (didn't create a folder for it to go into so everything go scattered around) and now I'm just trying to restore it back to its old location, but I keep getting different errors. *Sad The current one is the "system volume information" error. I have followed every tutorial I can find on how to gain access to that folder, but it continues to deny me access. Please help I just want to restore my documents to their old location *Sad(((

:)

shyestspade, Nov 1, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Please Help Fast!! Restoring Old Documents Location V1709

Documents Destination

The next troubleshooting step we suggest is to restore the default location of the folders. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.

• Choose File Explorer.

• Type shell:UsersFilesFolder in the address bar.

Please Help Fast!! Restoring Old Documents Location V1709 d9ffeca6-0604-494d-9388-070cdb9a5eeb.png

• Right-click the Documents folder.

• Click the Location tab.

• Click Restore Default.

• Click OK.

Follow the same steps to restore the default location for your Pictures folder.

Give these steps a shot and check if the folders are unlinked from OneDrive.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Please Help Fast!! Restoring Old Documents Location V1709

1. Please Help Fast!! Restoring Old Documents Location V1709 - Similar Threads - Please Help Fast

2. I cant restore the Documents file to correct location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant restore the Documents file to correct location: I have sent the documents file to my d hard drive thinking i would free up my storage but however i came back today and when i clicked on chrome it showed saying "it might have been removed, renamed or deleted Do you want to remove this file " and i want to restore it back...
  3. Unable to restore default location of Documents.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to restore default location of Documents.: I am using Windows 11 with OneDrive. OneDrive will not allow me restore default location of my documents folder. The only document folder that is available is the one listed in Users/Marc/OneDrive. When I try to restore default location through the properties dialog box, it...
  4. Unable to restore default location of Documents.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to restore default location of Documents.: I am using Windows 11 with OneDrive. OneDrive will not allow me restore default location of my documents folder. The only document folder that is available is the one listed in Users/Marc/OneDrive. When I try to restore default location through the properties dialog box, it...
  5. *EMERGENCY**HELP FAST PLEASE*

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    *EMERGENCY**HELP FAST PLEASE*: I am not in a good mood now. My laptop does not shutdown, when I press shutdown It fails and redirects me to the lock screen. When I disable fast startup it shuts down. WHY!!!! I WANT TO ENABLE FAST STARTUP BUT THE SHUTDOWN STILL FAILS!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!! AND DONT RECOMMEND...
  6. Help restoring old files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help restoring old files: My computer recently broke and I had to do a complete windows 10 reinstall. If possible, how can I get all my old files back if I didn't back them up onto an external drive? I've looked into my windows.old file and it seems like my files are there, but everything I find on...
  7. Please help fast

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help fast: Windows 10 pro for 60 bucks is it original ? submitted by /u/Vamparics92 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gwjmji/please_help_fast/
  8. Moved documents location. how do I restore it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Moved documents location. how do I restore it?: I moved my documents location from C:/Users/aaron/Documents to D:. It's not really ideal as the whole drive is dedicated to documents now. I probably should have made the file structure inside the D drive first. How do I fix it? I can't create a new folder inside my user...
  9. Cannot restore default location of Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot restore default location of Documents folder: I accidentically set the location of my Documents folder to D:\ and now cannot restore it to C:\Users\MyName\Documents. When I try this I get the message "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\System Volume Information. Access is denied". How can I...
  10. Restore Default Locations of “Documents” in “Users” & “This PC”

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Default Locations of “Documents” in “Users” & “This PC”: Being new to both Windows 10 and OneDrive, somehow I managed to change the “Location” of my “Users” (and therefore also the “This PC”) “Documents” folder to the OneDrive “Documents” folder. So while in File Explorer if I right-click either the “Users” “Documents” or the...