Windows 10: PNG Images Thumbnail/ Icon Shows Black Background Instead Of White

Discus and support PNG Images Thumbnail/ Icon Shows Black Background Instead Of White in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm a digital artist and work with images on a daily basis. An issue I'm having is that whenever I save a PNG picture, the thumbnail / icon would have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RoyalAlice, Apr 22, 2020.

1. PNG Images Thumbnail/ Icon Shows Black Background Instead Of White

I'm a digital artist and work with images on a daily basis.

An issue I'm having is that whenever I save a PNG picture, the thumbnail / icon would have the picture and a solid black backgroud.

This makes it hard to see the picture especially since 99% are mainly black lines and makes it extremely hard to work with.

Things I tried:

Updating the drive.

Cleaning up files via disk cleanup

I tried googling up more results but a majority of them are just disk cleanup, which I tried.

After 10 minutes, the issue reappears slowly, picture after picture.

Any help is appreciated!

:)

RoyalAlice, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Matthay3s Win User

White and Black Thumbnails for when the background is black or white?

Is it possible to get white thumbnails for the windows phone when the background is black? (and vice-versa)

If not will it be possible in the future?

Cheers

Matt

Matthay3s, Apr 22, 2020
  3. sirrus Win User
    Blank Thumbnails on Taskbar and Paper white images icon

Hi, After the recent update 1709 -- (The fall update I think) I've encounter issues with thumbnail previewer. I does not show thumbnail images but default icon instead

PNG Images Thumbnail/ Icon Shows Black Background Instead Of White [​IMG]

it wasn't my first time I've encountered this, It happened same thing on every updates. So knew I'd need to rebuild icon and thumbnail cache once again so I following this steps...

Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
    Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
    After Creators Update 2 thumbnails cache keeps auto-deleting Solved - Windows 10 Forums

After few restart, it did not solve my issues issues, It did not rebuild cache but went for worst. Now I got I got a blank icon/thumbnails on taskbar (left of screen) and it seem to happen only on windows store app (i.e. calendar, mail, photo previewer and etc..) not the third party programs.

I also have issues with images (almost most image format) showing paper white thumbnails, instead of previewer or default icon.

I cannot fathom how this happen. I've spend hours goggling for solution, done many different methods on rebuilding icon and reboot pc 50+ times. Went through recovery and rollback version. sfc /scannow DISM. virus screening, disk cleaning and etc none of it detect my issues and its driving me nuts.
    Instead of having to reset windows and reinstall many of 3rd parties program again I was hoping there are solution. Would anyone by any chance know what the issues are? Thanks in advance.

sirrus, Apr 22, 2020
  4. KK64 Win User

PNG Images Thumbnail/ Icon Shows Black Background Instead Of White

Black background on thumbnails. i need it to be white

ok so i have a digitizing software that displays the design icons as thumbnails, most of my icons have the white background, but some of them are changing it to a black background? does anyone know how i can fix this please? i have over 85,000 designs and
    to keep clearing the cache and letting them reload takes days and days only for the thumbnail problem to happen again? not sure if you could also help me on how i could get them all to load a lot quicker, i have been doing it folder by folder. i have added
    a couple of screenshots of what is happening, its in a lot of my folders. You will notice that a couple of the folder have a "D"icon on them, that is the digitizing software and that is what i will see until i go through and load all of the thumbnails again!
    this is why i am also asking is there a quicker way to load multiples at once? Thanks in advance KK (first screenshot is inside the folders, second screenshot is looking at the actual folders in the drive. notice not all the folders have black background
    thumbnails)

PNG Images Thumbnail/ Icon Shows Black Background Instead Of White 0f401381-7877-402b-ac18-0d791f771960.jpg

PNG Images Thumbnail/ Icon Shows Black Background Instead Of White 54930edb-feee-4b33-9ffa-c517520e8047.jpg

Thema:

PNG Images Thumbnail/ Icon Shows Black Background Instead Of White

1. PNG Images Thumbnail/ Icon Shows Black Background Instead Of White - Similar Threads - PNG Images Thumbnail

2. How do I fix PNG thumbnail icons showing a black background in OneDrive Personal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix PNG thumbnail icons showing a black background in OneDrive Personal?: I create products for teachers and students using clipart. I recently began using OneDrive Personal to house my extensive clipart collection. However, all the PNG icons/thumbnails appear in Windows Explorer with a black background.For example, I have an entire folder of...
  3. How do I fix PNG thumbnail icons showing a black background in OneDrive Personal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix PNG thumbnail icons showing a black background in OneDrive Personal?: I create products for teachers and students using clipart. I recently began using OneDrive Personal to house my extensive clipart collection. However, all the PNG icons/thumbnails appear in Windows Explorer with a black background.For example, I have an entire folder of...
  4. Black background on png vector thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black background on png vector thumbnails: Hey all, as I've delved into the world of vectors and image editing, I've been running into the problem of vectorized images/images with transparent backgrounds showing as black in Windows File Explorer thumbnails. This makes it tedious when I'm searching through folders of...
  5. Black background on png vector thumbnails

Black background on png vector thumbnails: Hey all, as I've delved into the world of vectors and image editing, I've been running into the problem of vectorized images/images with transparent backgrounds showing as black in Windows File Explorer thumbnails. This makes it tedious when I'm searching through folders of...
  6. PNG thumbnails are white

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PNG thumbnails are white: In file explorer, icons for JPG files are pics, but PNG files are white thumbnails. I cleared icon cache, and followed all troubleshooting suggestions, but nothing has worked. Win10, all updates, SSD and HDD have plenty of room., no other problems...
  7. PNG thumbnails are white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PNG thumbnails are white: In file explorer, icons for JPG files are pics, but PNG files are white thumbnails. I cleared icon cache, and followed all troubleshooting suggestions, but nothing has worked. Win10, all updates, SSD and HDD have plenty of room., no other problems...
  8. PNG thumbnails are white

9. png images are black with black background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    png images are black with black background: I cannot see png images in Windows10 Photo App because they turned black when the text is also black. This issue occurs when I want to view transparency images such as png,gif. The same problem with the png file icon on file explorer and .eps files. In case I try to open...
  10. Want jpg icons to show image thumbnails instead of generic icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Want jpg icons to show image thumbnails instead of generic icons: Hi: Since updating to Windows 10, whenever I open file folders to view jpgs, the files' thumbnails are a generic blue mountain icon instead of thumbnails of the images themselves. How do I get the icons to go back to being thumbnail images again? Is there a command or menu...