Windows 10: Possible to hide a user but still login? Home edition.

Discus and support Possible to hide a user but still login? Home edition. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all I've hidden a non-admin user by changing the registry (as it's Windows 10 Home edition) as per here and here. What I would like is to then be... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dropper, Dec 7, 2018.

1. dropper Win User

Possible to hide a user but still login? Home edition.

Hi all

I've hidden a non-admin user by changing the registry (as it's Windows 10 Home edition) as per here and here.

What I would like is to then be able to select "Other Sign In Options" when I need to use this account, however as there is only one user "enabled"/not hidden (the main admin account), this option doesn't appear when signing in, so there's no way to switch.

I've enabled the Interactive logon: Don't display last signed-in, as a workaround, however this means that the Other Sign In Options screen is always the one used, as opposed to me actively choosing to use it.

Interestingly, as my machine has a fingerprint sensor, I still don't need to input the username and password. It just scans the fingerprint, matches it to the account, and signs me in. The only odd thing is that it doesn't display the account picture when doing so, just the default silhouette (it does show the picture once sign in is completed however, under the Start Menu for example).

So, is there a way to enable/activate "Other sign in options" to sign into the hidden user account when required, even though I only have the one active user?

Not everyone will have the fingerprint sensor workaround, so would be a bit tedious to have to type in the username every time. I seem to remember this worked better in previous versions of Windows too.

Thanks!

:)

dropper, Dec 7, 2018
  2. marknyy Win User

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Flissa Win User
    Is it possible to modify the default User Icon on the login screen?

Here is a screenshot of my two user accounts showing two different icons. When I login to either account the icon shows on welcome, login. lock, switch user and any other screen where users appear. Dont know much about png etc so never touched those files. I have found many things changed in Win10 from Win7. All I can say is my user icons are the way I want them and I changed them using the method I suggested. Sorry I cant solve your problem but I'm sure someone on this site will eventually come up with a better answer than me. Regards .

Possible to hide a user but still login? Home edition. [​IMG]

Flissa, Dec 7, 2018
  4. usgrcm Win User

Is it possible to modify the default User Icon on the login screen?

This is not the Logged in User Icon, this is the Default user or "Other User" Screen

Possible to hide a user but still login? Home edition. [​IMG]

On Windows 7, this was modified with the AUTHUI.DLL. Doing the above steps of modifying the User-XXX.png files has no affect

usgrcm, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Possible to hide a user but still login? Home edition. - Similar Threads - Possible hide user

2. Is it possible to hide/remove the user icon and loading wheel with automatic login in on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to hide/remove the user icon and loading wheel with automatic login in on...: I have an incredibly niche and obscure requirement to hide both the user icon and the loading wheel when the computer is starting up. I already have automatic login turned on and have scoured the internet and have lurked a few forums to see if there is a solution to this...
  3. Is it possible to hide/remove the user icon and loading wheel with automatic login in on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to hide/remove the user icon and loading wheel with automatic login in on...: I have an incredibly niche and obscure requirement to hide both the user icon and the loading wheel when the computer is starting up. I already have automatic login turned on and have scoured the internet and have lurked a few forums to see if there is a solution to this...
  4. Is it possible to hide/remove the user icon and loading wheel with automatic login in on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleted a user, but still shows user on login screen

Deleted a user, but still shows user on login screen: I have deleted a user in Windows 10, but when the login screen appears, this user still is coming up first. I have removed the user using the accounts in settings, deleted all the files within the folder directory and tried to use the netplwiz tool from the run command, but...
  6. Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?: I have a VM running an evaluation copy of Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. I don't really need all of that functionality and would like to downgrade to Home Edition, but I wouldn't want to reinstall everything from scratch. Is it possible to simply enter a Home edition license...
  7. Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?

Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?: I have a VM running an evaluation copy of Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. I don't really need all of that functionality and would like to downgrade to Home Edition, but I wouldn't want to reinstall everything from scratch. Is it possible to simply enter a Home edition license...
  8. Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Deleted User Still Showing on Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Deleted User Still Showing on Login: This is incredibly annoying. I have searched endlessly for a way to fix this problem but nothing seems to work. I purchased a PC with windows 10 pre installed. It had one user Account named 'User' I created a new users account with my Microsoft account. I decided to...
  10. Multi user login on Home edition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multi user login on Home edition: My win 7 pro allows multiple users to be logged in at the same time. Is this available on win 10 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/multi-user-login-on-home-edition/d83a730f-bd42-42e5-969c-9feb1a14f26d