Windows 10: Post your Windows 10 Start menu or Start Screen

Discus and support Post your Windows 10 Start menu or Start Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This thread is meant to showcase the new Windows 10 Start menu with tiles or the more familiar Windows 8 Start Screen. You can use either the Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IownAmoneyPit, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Post your Windows 10 Start menu or Start Screen

This thread is meant to showcase the new Windows 10 Start menu with tiles or the more familiar Windows 8 Start Screen.

You can use either the Start Menu or Start Screen by following Brink's Tutorial

Post your Windows 10 Start menu or Start Screen [​IMG]

Start Menu

Start Screen

:)

IownAmoneyPit, Oct 1, 2014
  2. johnptd Win User

Finding the Start Menu or Start Screen, Windows 10

As long as you had selected "Create installation media for another PC" at the start, you can upgrade any PC. You can use the resulting installation drive to (1) upgrade an existing PC if it has not yet been upgraded, (2) do a clean install
    of Windows 10 on a computer that had previously been upgraded to Windows 10, or (3) troubleshoot an existing Windows 10 computer.

You can upgrade multiple PCs. As long as you first do an "upgrade" (not a clean install) to Windows 10 on a PC, you should not have any validation issues.

JohnD

johnptd, Oct 1, 2014
  3. Finding the Start Menu or Start Screen, Windows 10

RE: Item 4 / 5 above.

At first attempt, there was a large number of red errors.

I examined the Properties of the Windows folder and noted that the read-only property was set.

Having applied the unset to the folder (All Windows sub-folders and files), I re-opened an Administrator CMD window, and re-executed the two commands in item 4.

There were now no red errors.

I now propose to leave the Windows folder with the read-only property unset, restart the PC, and see what happens !!

Ah! I now have a left-clickable start button, and the "Search the Web and Windows" box on the Taskbar becomes editable.

Now I must discover how to pin Tiles to the Start Screen.

(Gets a wee bit difficult to follow everything when suffering from Alzheimer's Disease, but I need to continue Computing as long as possible!)

John Budding, Oct 1, 2014
  4. Post your Windows 10 Start menu or Start Screen

I do not like the old/new Start, so I do not intend on using it, like I do not plan on using Store.

TairikuOkami, Oct 1, 2014
  5. Tews Win User
    Cosmic Fire...

Tews, Oct 1, 2014
  6. badrobot Win User
    I may go back to classic shell later on. Not very excited about the apps menu. It is just like a built-in Poki app menu. We'll see. It is not bothering that much for now. Win 10 is better overall.

Just playing with it in the office right now (via Teamviewer).

badrobot, Oct 1, 2014
  7. LittleJay Win User
    One thing I do like about my W8.1 installation is that with Classic Shell installed I can switch over to the Start Screen without having to change any settings. It can be done in W10, but it's not as convenient.

LittleJay, Oct 1, 2014
  8. lasseska Win User

Post your Windows 10 Start menu or Start Screen

My start menu. *Smile

lasseska, Oct 1, 2014
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

on my 4K monitor I can hardly read the Menu text -- other items are OK - such as desktop icon size, text sizes in application menus etc.

If the text size on the start menu can't be increased / changed then for me the whole start menu is a WASTE OF TIME - even on a decent 1080p full HD monitor the text is really hard to read.

I can't believe everybody working at Ms has either "Eagle quality" eyesight or has to work with an old VGA monitor.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 1, 2014
  10. badrobot Win User
    I went ahead and installed Classic Shell. See what happened here.

badrobot, Oct 1, 2014
  11. I'm digging the new start menu.

blackroseMD1, Oct 2, 2014
  12. Edwin New Member
    I found where Cortana was hiding but all she does for now is open that Bing search thing!

Edwin, Oct 2, 2014
  13. Kari Win User

I like the Start Menu, keeping it quite simple.

14. I just use the start screen - changed taskbar properties - start menu - untick use start menu instead of start screen
    Haven't really done much with start - pretty basic - no pic attached

Slartybart, Oct 2, 2014
  15. How do you change the font size in the Start Menu?

Layback Bear, Oct 3, 2014
Thema:

1. Post your Windows 10 Start menu or Start Screen - Similar Threads - Post Start menu

2. windows 10 slow start menu on start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 slow start menu on start: Hello, it seems last post was blocked but user clearly said problem in not fixed and i have same form time to time. onece a month maybeI was able to see something that may be small tip to devs. While start menu couldnt be working i was able to observe on task manager that in...
  3. windows 10 slow start menu on start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 slow start menu on start: Hello, it seems last post was blocked but user clearly said problem in not fixed and i have same form time to time. onece a month maybeI was able to see something that may be small tip to devs. While start menu couldnt be working i was able to observe on task manager that in...
  4. Windows 11 - Windows start menu not working post update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Windows start menu not working post update: Hi,After installing the windows 11 update my Surface Pro 7 won't open the windows start menu - either by clicking on the start icon on the taskbar or by pressing the windows key. This seems highly ironic and I'd begun to think that microsoft had moved on from this sort of...
  5. Windows 11 - Windows start menu not working post update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Windows start menu not working post update: Hi,After installing the windows 11 update my Surface Pro 7 won't open the windows start menu - either by clicking on the start icon on the taskbar or by pressing the windows key. This seems highly ironic and I'd begun to think that microsoft had moved on from this sort of...
  6. Show us your Start Screen/Menu!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show us your Start Screen/Menu!: In continuing the Windows 8 tradition, let's see your Start Screen or your Menu if you're into that! *Cool [img] I haven't done much here yet, this is my VM to toy around with before I install onto my SSD. Have to say, I really want the Windows 8 style Start back....
  7. Why is the start-menu changing post-deployment?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is the start-menu changing post-deployment?: Hi! I'm sitting here struggling a lot to get the Windows 10 Start Menu customized for deployment in our corporate environment. I've read up on the different ways to add a customized menu such as adding a task during deployment, the problem is that we don't have MDT. All...
  8. Windows 8.1 Start Screen vs. Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 8.1 Start Screen vs. Windows 10 Start Menu: After nearly two years of controversy, Microsoft has finally decided to bring back the Start menu in Windows 10, trying to address complaints received after the removal of this traditional feature from the Windows 8 modern operating system. Surprisingly, however, after...
  9. Use Start Menu or Start Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Start Menu or Start Screen in Windows 10: How to: Use Start Menu or Start Screen in Windows 10 How to Change to Use Start Menu or Start Screen in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 build 10041 released on March 18th 2015. You can use this instead: How to...
  10. Start Menu Will Replace Start Screen in Threshold

in Windows 10 News
    Start Menu Will Replace Start Screen in Threshold: Not an option, but rather a new thing Paul Thurrott To date, our understanding of the new Start menu that's coming in "Threshold," the next major Windows release that may or may not be called Windows 9 when it ships next year, is that it would augment the existing Start...