Windows 10: Power Buttons on Taskbar?

Discus and support Power Buttons on Taskbar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to put a shortcut on the taskbar that would perform a shutdown when clicked? And another one that would perform a restart? 37232 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abacus, Jan 12, 2016.

1. abacus Win User

Power Buttons on Taskbar?

Is there a way to put a shortcut on the taskbar that would perform a shutdown when clicked? And another one that would perform a restart?

:)

abacus, Jan 12, 2016

2. Power button's on after shutting down the laptop

After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I am not able to shut down properly. The screen is shut but the power button and WiFi's light are still on. I have to shut down the system forcefully in order to restart. Please provide a solution as soon
    as possible.

HimadriLohia, Jan 12, 2016
  3. OneOption0, Jan 12, 2016
  4. Dude Win User

5. caperjack Win User
    it does still works ,thanks ,I will use the restart ,I have the shutdown ,,

caperjack, Jan 12, 2016
  6. Dude Win User
    You're welcome, I was getting ready to test it

7. abacus Win User
    It does work well; thanks.

abacus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Power Buttons on Taskbar? - Similar Threads - Power Buttons Taskbar

2. Power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button: I have a new computer, and the Power button is on top - right next to a USB port. When I remove a thumb drive it's tight, my hand will press on the Power button, and it does what it's supposed to. Is there a way to add a confirmation to pressing the Power button...
  3. Power button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power button: I have a new computer, and the Power button is on top - right next to a USB port. When I remove a thumb drive it's tight, my hand will press on the Power button, and it does what it's supposed to. Is there a way to add a confirmation to pressing the Power button...
  4. No power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No power button: I recently got a Window XP professional with not power button but I connect a keyboard to it lights up there's also a orange light happened every time I connect the power cord to the wall outlet I checked the vga cord and i just bought it yesterday it could be the monitor I'm...
  5. No power button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No power button: I recently got a Window XP professional with not power button but I connect a keyboard to it lights up there's also a orange light happened every time I connect the power cord to the wall outlet I checked the vga cord and i just bought it yesterday it could be the monitor I'm...
  6. Windows Power Button and Explorer Missing From Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Power Button and Explorer Missing From Taskbar: Seems every time I'm forced to do an update, that I never asked for, something breaks. Todays problem dejour I'm trying to keep a civil tongue my taskbar is a mess. My power button that I use to shut down or reset my computer has vanished from my taskbar. A few weeks ago, my...
  7. Power Button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power Button: If i set my power button on "do nothing", will I be able to turn it on when turned off? submitted by /u/Hovno385 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/la2qmo/power_button/
  8. power button?

in Windows 10 Customization
    power button?: Where is the control button to startup the computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-button/3ab94f1f-449b-441a-94eb-d6b6182136f8
  9. Power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power button: Some instructions tell me to press the "power" button. I don't see a button with the word "power" on it. What do I do when I encounter the instruction to press the "power" button?...
  10. Power button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power button: I set the power button to to shut down the computer when I press it and saved the changes. However this feature doesn’t work. Nothing changes when I press the button. I consider this feature very useful so I ask you for help...