Windows 10: Powershell or DOS commands for diagnosing peer to peer network

Discus and support Powershell or DOS commands for diagnosing peer to peer network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It would seam we would have some tools for diagnosing 1903 share problems. ipconfig net use net start ping. For a share to work I PC needs to belong to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonMurray, Mar 13, 2020.

1. DonMurray Win User

Powershell or DOS commands for diagnosing peer to peer network

It would seam we would have some tools for diagnosing 1903 share problems. ipconfig net use net start ping. For a share to work I PC needs to belong to a workgroup. I get a IP address is involved somehow and in a way a network \\computername\share is representation of a IP address in some way. When a PC refuses to show up under networking Possibly DOS or Powershell Commands could be used to start a share or create a share. And then make a bat file that would sync up files. ? There must be a list of requirements that must be met before a share can be made and their must be a way to check each of these requirements on each PC in order to narrow down what might be the problem. Right now on this 1903 win 10 when I type in "net view" I get a system error 6118 - that means a server can not be found probably because a firewall is blocking it. I do not have server I am just trying to do a peer to peer share.
    when I type in netstat it finds a lot of things . The thing is when I search for this stuff most of the time I do not know if it will apply to 1903 windows 10 peer to peer file sharing. My basic need is to be able access the hard drive on this on the computer in the other room.
    THANK YOU

:)

DonMurray, Mar 13, 2020
  2. DavidD22 Win User

Windows 10 Peer to Peer Network

• No changes were made, it is a brand new machine.
    • None - asked the question here.
    • AS I stated above, I keep getting the error The user name or password is incorrect

Is there any tutorials on how to set up a peer to peer network via a CAT5 cable so that I might see where I went awry?

DavidD22, Mar 13, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    NavyLCDR, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Powershell or DOS commands for diagnosing peer to peer network

Peer to peer network application sharing

Is it possible with a peer to peer network to share an application that allows more than one user. The operating system is windows 10(may upgrade to windows10 pro), application is a network version of past perfect, a museum software. Thanks

SteveMaass, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Powershell or DOS commands for diagnosing peer to peer network

1. Powershell or DOS commands for diagnosing peer to peer network - Similar Threads - Powershell DOS commands

2. Mapping a network drive peer to peer - guide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping a network drive peer to peer - guide: I have a small home office with a couple of Windows PC's and in the process of updating one of the machines.I am running an split access database and sharing the data file between the two computers.in the past, mapping a network drive has been fairly straightforward, as long...
  3. Peer to Peer Network issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Peer to Peer Network issue: I have added a Windows 10 computer to a network where the other two computers are currently legacy Win 7 machines. Having done all of the normal things put machine in same workgroup, enabled network discovery, disabled IPv6, shared the C drive I am now at the situation where...
  4. Peer to Peer Network issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Peer to Peer Network issue: I have added a Windows 10 computer to a network where the other two computers are currently legacy Win 7 machines. Having done all of the normal things put machine in same workgroup, enabled network discovery, disabled IPv6, shared the C drive I am now at the situation where...
  5. Peer to Peer Network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Peer to peer network application sharing

Peer to peer network application sharing: Is it possible with a peer to peer network to share an application that allows more than one user. The operating system is windows 10may upgrade to windows10 pro, application is a network version of past perfect, a museum software. Thanks...
  7. Peer-to-peer networking in Windows 10

Peer-to-peer networking in Windows 10: When is it expected to be possible, if ever? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/peer-to-peer-networking-in-windows-10/d477916b-2235-437c-aa37-b4e1b5f256fe
  8. Peer to Peer Connection in home network.

Peer to Peer Connection in home network.: Hi Everyone !, I have a Golf Game, (Jack Nicklaus 6) and I want to play accross my network which consists of a desktop connected to the modem by hard wire and a laptop connected to the modem by WiFi. To connect in the game I need the IP address of the computer hosting the...
  9. Peer to peer problems

Peer to peer problems: 4 computers 3 laptops (T61, P50, Dell) Win10 Pro 1 desktop Win7 I followed Brink's tutorial 'Change Workgroup in Windows 10'. One of the computer's (desktop) still belonged to the previous workgroup--MSHOME. I created a new workgroup on all 4--GREENGROUP....
  10. Windows 10 Peer to Peer Network

Windows 10 Peer to Peer Network: I am working on a friends network, there are 4 computers on the network, 3 running Windows 10 and one running Windows 7. The main computer (Office) has a HomeGroup setup on it, and the other computers have been joined to that homegroup. "Office" also has a folder shared out,...