Windows 10: Presence of Internet Explorer

Discus and support Presence of Internet Explorer in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; 1. I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 from 8.1 three days ago. I run CCLeaner daily. I see 'Internet Explorer - Temporary Internet Files' in its... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bob Hawkins, May 5, 2016.

1. Presence of Internet Explorer

1. I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 from 8.1 three days ago. I run CCLeaner daily. I see 'Internet Explorer - Temporary Internet Files' in its analysis, still. I thought IE would have been removed and replaced completely by Microsoft Edge in the upgrade process.
    2. A window appears each time I click CCleaner's 'Run Cleaner' button stating, "Microsoft Edge Cache Database and Internet Explorer needs to be closed to clean the internet cache. Do you want CCleaner to close Microsoft Edge Cache Database and Internet Explorer?" Neither has ever been open at the time to my knowledge.

:)

Bob Hawkins, May 5, 2016

2. IE11, web pages load extremely slow and most often time out

Hi Steve,

Sorry to know that you are facing issues with internet explorer. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Do you face the issue on InPrivate mode of Internet Explorer?
    • Does the Internet Explorer move slow when accessing particular website
    This might be caused by many things, like the type of connection you have, the presence of spyware, viruses, and other programs, or outside factors, like heavy traffic on a website.

Run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard and select Control Panel.
    • Click Troubleshooting and then click on View all
      on the left of the screen.
    • Click Internet Explorer Performance and follow the instructions.
    Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue for further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 5, 2016
  3. Can its controlling registry key(s) be identified/located from a particular file explorer file or folder?

Thank you for your interest Ms. Devadika.

I have seached File Explorer for similar entries in Edge and Internet Exploer with negative results. I cannot thoroughly search the registry for them since the appropiate keys are not all identifiabe, which is the reason for the original quirey in the first
    place. The very presence of these known entries in File Explorer implies the presence of at least two species of malware; the locations of these entries in File Explorer indicates their presence in Google Chrome, my default browser, and to which I have added
    several apps and extensions.

The difficuty preventing these entries reloading may also mean other malware is present as well--another reason for inquiring whether one can backtrack from a File Explorer entry its controlling registry key. I have not been able to document the presence
    of any other malware with any of several free version, third-party, anti-malware tools such as Spybot, Malwarebytes, Exterminate It, and AdWare Cleaner as well as McAfee Security Center, Mirosoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool and now with Microsoft
    Safety Scanner.

I have been working on this issue since it first appeared about eighteen months ago, the first time I ran SpyHunter4 which predated my upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

I hope this the information you requested.

CharlesSkripka, May 5, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Presence of Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer 11 is still there but hidden in Start, All APPS, Windows accessories. You can pin it as a tile or in Taskbar.
    Could be uninstalled usual way but is still part of the system and you can't get rid of it completely.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

CountMike, May 5, 2016
  5. CountMike
    I do not require IE but you have answered my first question. It seems strange, though, that there is no real option but to have it remain alongside its replacement for those of us who use neither.
    I thank you for your immediate and informative reply.

Bob Hawkins, May 5, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    It still shares some parts with File Explorer so it's deeply immersed in system.

CountMike, May 5, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    If you wish to remove IE untick it here

Presence of Internet Explorer [​IMG]

and restart.

dalchina, May 7, 2016
  8. Presence of Internet Explorer

dalchina
    I thank you for your further help; I shall note this option.

Bob Hawkins, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Presence of Internet Explorer

1. Presence of Internet Explorer - Similar Threads - Presence Internet Explorer

2. Checking Media Presence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking Media Presence: This started yesterday. I had left my computer running on a game while I was away for around 30 minutes. Then I came back to see a DellSupport Assist error. This is what it said."Dell SupportAssist has detected a failing component on your system that requires immediate...
  3. Checking Media Presence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checking Media Presence: This started yesterday. I had left my computer running on a game while I was away for around 30 minutes. Then I came back to see a DellSupport Assist error. This is what it said."Dell SupportAssist has detected a failing component on your system that requires immediate...
  4. Checking Media Presence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking Media Presence: Every time I boot up my PC an alienware aurora r7 it first shows the alienware logo loading as usual, but switches to a black screen that says “checking media presence” and sometimes it flashes “no media present”, but then eventually the alienware loading screen shows up...
  5. Checking Media Presence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Checking Media Presence: Every time I boot up my PC an alienware aurora r7 it first shows the alienware logo loading as usual, but switches to a black screen that says “checking media presence” and sometimes it flashes “no media present”, but then eventually the alienware loading screen shows up...
  6. Checking media presence

in Windows 10 Customization
    Checking media presence: Whenever I'm trying to start my PC it says 'Checking media presence'..and then ut says 'no media found' and then goes to BIOS..my Hard Disk Drive is set as the boot option 1..and still I can't turn on my PC...
  7. GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER: How do I keep the process, GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER, from loading? XBOX gamebar is completely disabled in windows settings, and I have disabled it from loading windows services. XBOX gamebar still loads every time, takes up resources, and I have a very noticeable lag in...
  8. checking media presence

checking media presence: how do I get around this message each time I boot up windows " checking media presence " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-media-presence/ab17aa18-c033-4972-abcc-ac1373a81617
  9. How to ignore the presence of the Explorer/Wallpaper Policy?

How to ignore the presence of the Explorer/Wallpaper Policy?: So, I am in a corporate environment and yes, there are policies, one of which is the fixed wallpaper policy based on the presence of the HKCU key in the Policies folder. I dread looking at the same corp picture. In Windows 7, I discovered the Explorer/Wallpaper policy that...
  10. False AMD Presence

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    False AMD Presence: How on earth do I get rid of this, it must be in the registry???? Quite a long time ago now, I uninstalled AMD Radeon and installed GeForce FX 1060 software and drivers when it first appeared on the shelf. But this has always stayed and I keep getting notifications for new...