Windows 10: Prevent Win10 from waking device?

Discus and support Prevent Win10 from waking device? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, all device i updated to 10 (anniversary edition) wake from sleep by themselves & i'm not sure why. I checked events history but couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by unko, Aug 18, 2016.

1. unko Win User

Prevent Win10 from waking device?

Hello, all device i updated to 10 (anniversary edition) wake from sleep by themselves & i'm not sure why. I checked events history but couldn't identify. Certainly related to (windows) update. How do i stop this? Thank you!

:)

2. JoeNamco Win User
    JoeNamco, Aug 18, 2016
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 18, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello unko, *Smile

You can uncheck Allow scheduled maintenance to wake up my computer at the scheduled time in Automatic Maintenance settings to stop Windows Update from waking the computer.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

In addition, you can use the methods in the tutorials below to see what woke your computer.

Lastwake Command - Windows 7 Help Forums

Wake Source - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

Devices - See Devices that are able to Wake Up the Computer - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, Aug 19, 2016
  5. unko Win User
    Seems to be hibernation.. But why does the unit fail to complete the process? hiberfil.sys is here and looks fine..!

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Go ahead and post your event logs for this to see if anything may stand out, or what may be happening with hibernate.

Brink, Aug 20, 2016
  7. unko Win User
    ??? All you'll see is that system came out of sleep and source of wake is "S4 hibernation"

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Like you, I don't understand how "S4 hibernation" is the wake source. I was hoping to see something else that may be listed in your event logs.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Prevent Win10 from waking device? - Similar Threads - Prevent Win10 waking

2. How to prevent a device from waking up PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent a device from waking up PC?: My computer woke up at night, recently after I put it to sleep. This is what the command prompt says about what woke it upWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path:...
  3. How to prevent a device from waking up PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent a device from waking up PC?: My computer woke up at night, recently after I put it to sleep. This is what the command prompt says about what woke it upWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path:...
  4. How to prevent USB Composite Device from waking up the computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to prevent USB Composite Device from waking up the computer: I'm having trouble with a certain USB Composite Device waking up my computer when I don't want it to wake up. I have tried all tutorials that I found with Google but none of them solved the problem. Below is a screenshot that should contain all the relevant info. I would...
  5. WSL2 prevents laptop from waking back from sleep

WSL2 prevents laptop from waking back from sleep: My Zephyrus G15 laptop is about 2 months old now, and yesterday, I activated WSL2Windows Subsystem for Linux and installed Ubuntu 20.04 from Windows Store. Immediately after, I installed ROS, CUDA toolkit 11.1, KDE desktop and xrdp, and also VcXsrv. Now, everything works fine...
  6. How to prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep

How to prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep: In Windows 10 version 1909, how do I prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep? I don't want my PC to wake from mouse and keyboard movements, but I am maybe okay for it to wake to install updates but if it does this, I'd like it to put itself back into...
  7. Prevent wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Prevent wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation: Hi started using Hibernate mode all the time now, as it’s so much easier to resume work in progress, I am told it doesn’t use any more power than if the PC is shutdown. BUT I need to prevent my wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation. Have turned off option in mouse...
  8. Win10 1703 Will Not Wake From Sleep

Win10 1703 Will Not Wake From Sleep: YET ANOTHER PROBLEM I do NOT want to install windows 10 version 1809 OR 1903 they have way to much bloatware embedded, Why wont my machine wake up from sleep when i set my RAM to its proper XMP speed profile? Aorus X470 Gaming7 Wifi Motherboard 16GB DDR4 Corsair RGB...
  9. How to universally prevent all devices from waking Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to universally prevent all devices from waking Windows 10?: Hello, I'm a fairly advanced Windows user, but, I'm having difficulty figuring out if there's an in-built way to do this, or if someone out there has already found a registry hack or something to allow it. I have a lot of USB devices, and several computers. Each...
  10. Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10 How to Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to allow or prevent devices to wake your Windows 10 PC from a hibernate state. You must be signed in as an...