Windows 10: Primary accounts

Discus and support Primary accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having trouble removing a primary account. I added an account I no longer have access to and it's asking me to verify it, (I have access to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DelilahMatos, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Primary accounts

I am having trouble removing a primary account. I added an account I no longer have access to and it's asking me to verify it, (I have access to the Microsoft account but it is linked to a Gmail that no longer exists). I am looking for a way I can remove this and just add another one has the primary one. I have tried signing in but it will immediately ask me to verify with the email that no longer exists. Is there anything I can do?

:)

DelilahMatos, Sep 7, 2019

2. Unable to change primary alias - Microsoft Account

Hi John,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you are unable to change the primary alias for your Microsoft account on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would like to provide you with the information that
    an account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive,
    Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your primary alias appears on devices such as your Xbox, Surface, and Windows Phone, and is the email OneDrive sends from when you share. You can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

An alias is also the best way to change your email, but keep all your mail.
    Add an alias, then make the new alias primary. Then you can
    keep or remove the original alias.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

• Uncheck the Send me promotional offers from Microsoft box if you like, and click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    You may also try the following steps given below and check if that helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

For reference:

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Microsoft account help

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-account

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Primary accounts

Windows 10 Upgrade Primary Account - Affiliated with wrong Live Account e-mail

Hi Yoshi,

As per your query, you can sign into Local Account
    and then you can switch back to Microsoft Account. While
    switching back to another account, you can provide the New E-mail Account.

I suggest you to follow the below steps;

• Click on Start Icon.

• Select Settings from the menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Select the option Sign in with a
      Local Account Instead

• Once you are logged in to the Local Account,
      repeat step 1 to step 3.

• Now, select the option Sign in with a Microsoft Account Instead.

(In this method you can provide your new account)
    Note: The above steps will help you to switch to users, which will act as primary account, but it will not synchronize your personal settings. The default settings will be set to
    the user account.

Hope the given information is helpful. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy assist.

Thank you.

RiyazurRehman, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Primary accounts

1. Primary accounts - Similar Threads - Primary accounts

2. Account Recovery, primary alias changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Recovery, primary alias changed: someone please help me. title says it all, I can answer any number of questions about it. any help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-recovery-primary-alias-changed/3ce45abb-464d-4564-beb1-30560493ab55
  3. Account Recovery, primary alias changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Recovery, primary alias changed: someone please help me. title says it all, I can answer any number of questions about it. any help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-recovery-primary-alias-changed/3ce45abb-464d-4564-beb1-30560493ab55
  4. Cant add different microsoft account since i have only one primary account added to device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant add different microsoft account since i have only one primary account added to device...: Hi,can help me as my laptop is configured with my school account but since i passed out from school i never change my account and was using the same school microsoft account to login. Now seems my account is locked from signing in. I tried reboot but doesnt seems working. I...
  5. Cant add different microsoft account since i have only one primary account added to device...

Cant add different microsoft account since i have only one primary account added to device...: Hi,can help me as my laptop is configured with my school account but since i passed out from school i never change my account and was using the same school microsoft account to login. Now seems my account is locked from signing in. I tried reboot but doesnt seems working. I...
  6. Primary account lost and overridden with Childs name using same email address. How can I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Primary account lost and overridden with Childs name using same email address. How can I...: My primary email address has been inadvertantely changed to a family member. I can no longer access my profile on my family subscription account and my primary email does not reflect my profile and I cannot access onedrive or my subscription. How can I recover my original...
  7. Primary account lost and overridden with Childs name using same email address. How can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Primary account lost and overridden with Childs name using same email address. How can I...: My primary email address has been inadvertantely changed to a family member. I can no longer access my profile on my family subscription account and my primary email does not reflect my profile and I cannot access onedrive or my subscription. How can I recover my original...
  8. Primary account lost and overridden with Childs name using same email address. How can I...

9. Change the primary account email on my Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the primary account email on my Surface Book 2: Hi, I have changed my email associated with Microsoft account by creating a new profile and can't find a way to replace the now obselete email showing in my primary profile, or removing this primary profile completely to be replaced by the new profile/email. The only solution...
  10. Change the primary account email on my Surface Book 2

Change the primary account email on my Surface Book 2: Hi, I have changed my email associated with Microsoft account by creating a new profile and can't find a way to replace the now obselete email showing in my primary profile, or removing this primary profile completely to be replaced by the new profile/email. The only solution...