Windows 10: Print jobs stuck in print quese

Discus and support Print jobs stuck in print quese in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My wife recently changed from Chrome to Firefox on her laptop. Afterward the system would hang whenever she tried to print something. I looked and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ellary, Jul 11, 2019.

1. ellary Win User

Print jobs stuck in print quese

My wife recently changed from Chrome to Firefox on her laptop. Afterward the system would hang whenever she tried to print something. I looked and it seems that jobs get stuck in the print queue after printing. There was a test page and another job. I was able to cancel the other job but the test page won't cancel. Restarting the print spool service resulted in the test page printing but remaining in the queue in printing status.

What should me next steps be?

:)

ellary, Jul 11, 2019

2. Job in print queue stuck

I had a job stuck in print queue earlier. Would not delete, received advice to turn off spooler, empty spooler file file, turn spooler back on. Worked for one document. The second document is stuck no matter what I do, repeated the above steps, nothing
    in queue, reinstalled printer software, rebooted printer and pc. It keeps printing the same document regardless of what I am printing. It's maddening!

DianeZeager, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Print job stuck in queue

I have a print job in my printer queue that I cannot get out. I tried printing a website from Microsoft Edge and it is stuck there since. I have tried clearing out the printer spooler as instructed here. But there are no files in my win32\spool\printer folder.

Some more information:
    I am trying to print from a laptop to a network printer at work. And the current status in the queue is "deleting".

Things I have tried till now:
    - stop printer spooler and empty spool folder
    - ran printer troubleshooter, but it just said it couldn't delete the print jobs, just like I couldn't do manually- restarted the printer
    - restarted the laptop
    - deleted the printer, but somehow when I reboot it adds the printer automatically again, including the stuck job

MightyMauz, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Tom-Con Win User

Windows print problem. Every Time! Printer prints job, but on PC it still says "Printing" and no additional job will print.

This happens EVERY time.

It happens on two different printers on two different networks (at home and at work)....so it is a WINDOWS problem, not a PRINTER problem.

Send a job to the printer.

It completes and prints JUST FINE. All is well.

THEN==>>

In the printer window for that printer, it continues to say "Printing" (forever!) even tho the job has successfully completed. If i highlight the job and "Delete" it, it says "Deleting"....forever. No other print job sent will print, as they are all blocked
    behind the job that has already successfully printed, and that cannot be manually deleted, either.

So, EVERY TIME the queue must be manually cleared out. The only way i can print another job is a 3-step process

• Go to Services, Stop print queue.
    • Go to PRINTERS folder, delete all files.
    • Go back to Services, and START print queue.

After those three steps, I can print again...exactly one print job...then it happens the same again for that job. Obviously this is a complete hassle.

I would like specific and definitive instructions not on how to now get WINDOWS to work "normally"...so that when a print job successfully prints and is done, the queue for that printer shows as empty, and so more print jobs can be sent.

If this were a very intermittent occasional problem it might be tolerable. But it happens EVERY TIME with EVERY PRINTER.

Help!

Tom-Con, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Print jobs stuck in print quese - Similar Threads - Print jobs stuck

2. Printing jobs getting stuck in the queue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing jobs getting stuck in the queue: For the last several months I've been having a problem when I print multiple individual PDF pages, using Adobe Acrobat, especially when the pages are print dense. Usually the first page will print with no issues but the following pages get hung up in the queue. The pages may...
  3. Printing jobs getting stuck in the queue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing jobs getting stuck in the queue: For the last several months I've been having a problem when I print multiple individual PDF pages, using Adobe Acrobat, especially when the pages are print dense. Usually the first page will print with no issues but the following pages get hung up in the queue. The pages may...
  4. Printing Queue Job Keeps Getting Stuck on Every Job After the First.

Printing Queue Job Keeps Getting Stuck on Every Job After the First.: We print something to our HP printers I assumed it was a printer issue but it's happening to 4 different people and HP couldn't find anything , It prints fine, maybe you print again within the next 5 minutes the printer queue job will be stuck indefinitely, could be 5 minutes...
  5. old print job overlaying all new print jobs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old print job overlaying all new print jobs: I'm using a canon printer, connected with usb to my main computer PC running Windows 11 Home. Also have a laptop that connects to the printer via wifi. Previously a very long print job was printed from the laptop. Now every new print job from either computer gets the original...
  6. old print job overlaying all new print jobs

old print job overlaying all new print jobs: I'm using a canon printer, connected with usb to my main computer PC running Windows 11 Home. Also have a laptop that connects to the printer via wifi. Previously a very long print job was printed from the laptop. Now every new print job from either computer gets the original...
  7. Print Job Disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print Job Disappearing: I followed all the recommended options for helping my print job not disappear, but they continue to spool for a couple seconds then disappear...I am at my wits end. I know its not the printer because a test print works fine. I have windows 10...
  8. Print jobs stuck in print quese

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print jobs stuck in print quese: My wife recently changed from Chrome to Firefox on her laptop. Afterward the system would hang whenever she tried to print something. I looked and it seems that jobs get stuck in the print queue after printing. There was a test page and another job. I was able to cancel the...
  9. Your Print Job Is Waiting By Other Job?

in Windows 10 Support
    Your Print Job Is Waiting By Other Job?: Hi, We just got a new computer at work. Any time I print, I get the attached notification, "Your print job is waiting by other job". After a few minutes, it eventually prints. I have checked and do not have anything in my printer queue. Does anyone have any ideas how to get...
  10. Print job stuck in queue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print job stuck in queue: I have a print job in my printer queue that I cannot get out. I tried printing a website from Microsoft Edge and it is stuck there since. I have tried clearing out the printer spooler as instructed here. But there are no files in my win32\spool\printer folder. Some more...