Windows 10: Printing issues pre-1903 after security update

Discus and support Printing issues pre-1903 after security update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, We rolled out the 'CVE-2019-1367' security update last night and have had multiple reports of users being unable to print on Windows versions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ricky_Collins, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Printing issues pre-1903 after security update

Hi,

We rolled out the 'CVE-2019-1367' security update last night and have had multiple reports of users being unable to print on Windows versions pre-1903.

We are unable to roll the update back due to security concerns and are hesitant to run a feature update as the only known solution due to the amount of time it can take to download and install.

It appears to be intermittent as some users with the issue can connect to an alternate printer and it works as normal and some can't print to any printers.

Upgrading the users to 1903 is fixing the issues but as I said above this can take hours and is not an ideal solution.

Has anyone else come across this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies if any language is incorrect, I'm a Servicedesk analyst just trying to find a solution while the network engineers are doing their thing.

Thanks,

Ricky Collins

:)

Ricky_Collins, Sep 27, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Printing issues

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How are you trying to print?

• Have you tried printing from a different application and checked?
    I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Also, I suggest you to install the latest chipset and printer drivers from manufacturer website and check if it fixes the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Printing issues pre-1903 after security update

Print Spooler Issue

Hello Sree,

For step by step instructions on how you can manually start the Print Spooler Service, follow these:

• Click Windows tab.
    • Type Control Panel > System and Maintenance
      > Administrative Tools.
    • Double click Services.
    • Right click to the Print Spooler service > Properties.

However, we suggest you can refer to an answer given by Prabhavathi Patil on this

thread

We also recommend that you update the driver for your printer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Printing issues pre-1903 after security update

1. Printing issues pre-1903 after security update - Similar Threads - Printing issues pre

2. Printing issues after updating to 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing issues after updating to 2004: Hello, After the 2004 update, when I print an email, that would have printed on one page, it now prints on 4 pages with the first page looking like a title page with the sent from and subject line, the body of the email prints on the following pages, and the last page is...
  3. Update Issues After Installing Version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Issues After Installing Version 1903: After version 1903 finished installingI put off updating for a long time, I went to see if there were more updates that I should install. I tried downloading and installing them, but that failed. [ATTACH] I then went to the Troubleshoot menu and selected the Windows Update...
  4. Issues after installing 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues after installing 1903 update: Since yesterday after installing the latest updates (1903) I'm having crashing issues. It happens randomly. *I'm getting black screens where I only can see my mouse cursor *Games crashes and freezing *Firefox crashing *Blue screen with "memory management" error And just...
  5. Issues after installing 1903 update

Issues after installing 1903 update: Since yesterday after installing the latest updates (1903) I'm having crashing issues. It happens randomly. *I'm getting black screens where I only can see my mouse cursor *Games crashes and freezing *Firefox crashing *Blue screen with "memory management" error The pc...
  6. Printing after windows 10 update 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing after windows 10 update 1903: Desktop doesn't print after installing the 1903 update to Windows 10. When I try to print it tries to put the information into a file. When I click on the printer icon on the screen it wants to install a new device, however the printer is already listed as the default...
  7. Folder security after 1903 update...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Folder security after 1903 update...: The Windows 10 v.1809 had been updated to v.1903. The system has two physical drives, one for Windows (C), the other is for data (E). After the v.1903 update, everything seemed normal, standard user accounts had no issues with accessing the "E" drive and the folders on this...
  8. CNEventWindowClass issue after update to 1903

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CNEventWindowClass issue after update to 1903: [ATTACH] I am having the same issue with the infamous CNEventWindowClass in my notifications that started after I updated to the 1903 version, never had this issue until then. I also noticed that it was it in my registry to which I exported it out (Saved just in case) hoping...
  9. Driver issue after update 1809 -> 1903

Driver issue after update 1809 -> 1903: Hi, I have a computer running Win10 x64 (1809) just fine. It is an old machine and I needed to manually select the driver for the GPU (Radeon HD 5750) since the driver automatically selected by Windows didn't work so well... But again, everything runs smoothly on 1809....
  10. Issues with Display after 1903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with Display after 1903 update: After i upgraded my Windows 10 to 1903v, my graphics card ( NVIDIA 105M ) randomly stop working some times, and even when I'm browsing the internet I'm getting a black bars sometimes and i have never saw this bug in 1809v. - I tried clean GPU installation. - restarting the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 upgrade 1903 losing printers

2. cant print after 1903 update