Windows 10: Problem After Anniversary Update

Discus and support Problem After Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hostelo, Sep 27, 2016.

1. hostelo Win User

Problem After Anniversary Update

Hey Guys,

Need some help here.
    Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems.
    Im the Admin of my Computer.

1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it goes back to the log-in of Windows it gets de-activated till I log back in. Ever since I did my update every once in a while it goes back to the log-in page for no reason whatsoever. Ive had all the setting for the login page to windows off for a while now. It just started happening after this update. Pic of the setting off:

Problem After Anniversary Update [​IMG]

2. Update now does not work at all when I hit check updates I get this:

This is the current update of Windows im at:

:)

hostelo, Sep 27, 2016
  2. furdeal Win User

Windows 10 sometimes sticks on black screen with spinning dots on startup

Does the ISO file used in the repair upgrade already include the Anniversary update? My problems only started after the Anniversary update. Was the installation of the update corrupt, so a new installation of the update will fix things? Seems more likely
    that the problem is with the update itself. Will I have to reinstall the anniversary update after the repair upgrade? Seems pointless. The same problems will reappear or new problems. Just give me a way to fix the problems I have. I already fixed the buzzing
    sound problem, the disappearing taskbar problem, and the can't-launch apps problem, all caused by the anniversary update. Help me solve this hanging black screen problem. I'm starting to hate Windows 10!

furdeal, Sep 27, 2016
  3. Wil Oskam Win User
    Task Scheduler jobs not working after Anniversary Update

I have the same problems after update Anniversary update.

Wil Oskam, Sep 27, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

simrick, Sep 28, 2016
  5. hostelo Win User
    Hi.
    Downloaded the ISO.
    DUring install I thought it had finished but when I came back into windows got this error:

hostelo, Oct 1, 2016
  6. hostelo Win User
    Ive been also getting these errors that happen all of a sudden:

hostelo, Oct 1, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    Have a look at this post:
    Solved Error 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 When Upgrading to Build 10162 - Windows 10 Forums

Also, check all devices for updated drivers, check for BIOS and chipset updates, completely uninstall any 3rd-party AV, run chkdsk on your system drive. Might even want to run Memtest on your RAM. Then try the in-place repair again. Nothing should be connected to the system except mouse, keyboard and monitor. All hard drives should be disconnected except your OS drive.

simrick, Oct 1, 2016
  8. hostelo Win User

I dont know what happened now but the computer logs in to windows and after 10 sec or less blue screen of death with any other random error and restarts. Now im real trouble here!!!

hostelo, Oct 1, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    simrick, Oct 1, 2016
  10. hostelo Win User
    Did a clean install to see if the problem would be resolved

Still getting BSOD errors with various reasons:

Memory management
    System Service Exeption
    Etc etc etc

None if this ever hapoened BEFORE the Anniversary Update so I dont believe its a hardware problem since all the problems started occuring after the AU.

Please help me anyone, im suffering here!!

hostelo, Oct 1, 2016
  11. topgundcp Win User
    If you have Memory Management Error, and you have a total of 20GB of RAM, are all you memory come from the same brand ? It is also odd that you have 20GB, normally you'd have 2, 4, 8, 16, 24GB etc... Chance you might have a bad memory stick. I would try to install windows with only one stick of RAM. If still get error, try another stick.

topgundcp, Oct 1, 2016
  12. TomBarry Win User
    Not saying this is a solution but I had similar problems I had to low level format drive and found one mem/stick faulty
    good luck *Smile

TomBarry, Oct 1, 2016
  13. hostelo Win User

Hi.
    They are all the same brand.
    I used to have 8 GB in 4 sticks of 2gb
    Bought 2 new (same brand) in 2 sticks of 8GB and kept 2 of the old ones on.
    Thus, 20GB
    These were bought 4 months ago and no problems, everything just started happening after the AU

I am going to take out the old 2gb ones and see what happens

hostelo, Oct 1, 2016
  14. hostelo Win User
    I did the memtest and it had no errors :-(

hostelo, Oct 1, 2016
  15. hostelo Win User
    Nothing. Still random BSOD every 10-15 min

hostelo, Oct 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Problem After Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Problem Anniversary Update

2. Bluetooth problems after anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth problems after anniversary update: So I have an issue with my bluetooth speakers. I basically can not pair my PC with my speakers after the anniversary update. I've been using these speakers for a while now and never had this problem. Speakers work just fine with any other device than my PC. When i'm...
  3. Windows 10 anniversary update after problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 anniversary update after problems: Hi all, thanks for dropping by my post and having a read. So.. yes by the looks of things there seems to be on various boards problems with the windows 10 anniversary update. Unfortunately I am in that camp. 2 desktops and a laptop have all been struck with the same issue....
  4. Cortana Problems with Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cortana Problems with Anniversary Update: After making the Anniversary Update I found that activation of the Cortana function on my lock screen did not occur per the change video and on my regular home page when I addressed Cortana with "Hey Cortana" the following quote came up on the Cortana screen "create a to-do...
  5. Anniversary Update Drive Problems?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anniversary Update Drive Problems?: Some people on this forum have reported problems with drives not being detected by Windows or appearing in RAW format - see https://www.tenforums.com/gtsearch.ph...&sa.x=0&sa.y=0 It seems the problem still remains - see http://www.infoworld.com/article/311...ry-update.html...
  6. Miracast connection problems after Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Miracast connection problems after Anniversary Update?: I currently own a Sony MP-CL1 Pico Projector. This is based on the same technology as the Celluon PicoPro (same laser diode). My laptop connected to the projector last month completely fine, and I had no problems using screen mirroring. However, one day, the function...
  7. Problem with clicking in DialogBox buttons after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with clicking in DialogBox buttons after Anniversary Update: Hello, I have a problem after installing anniversary update. I cannot click on buttons inside DialogBox. For example I have 2 buttons "OK" and "Cancel". I'm trying to click on it, but DialogBox doesn't focus and buttons are not clicable. I can move DialogBox on screen,...
  8. Anniversary Update Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update Problem: I downloaded and installed the iso referenced in Dona Sarkar's announcement memo Win_10_1607_English_X64.iso dated 8/2/16. My winver shows 1607 build 14393.0. I expected it to be 14393.10. Anyone know what's up? The machine is an original upgrade from Win 8.1. I also have a...
  9. Anniversary Update Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update Problems: Hi, I've tested a few anniversary update features and although it was going to get disabled on Win 10 Pro only, on Enterprise also some tricks are not working. As usual, to save time, after each clean Windows installation, I run a number of .reg and .bat files to highly...
  10. Anniversary update problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update problems: I finally got round to installing the anniversary update once I realised there was a way to disable Cortana through the registry, and it all seemed to install without any issues. Now that it's up and running though, a couple of problems have emerged: - The regedit...