Windows 10: Problem after big Win 10 update

Discus and support Problem after big Win 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the BIG 3-4GB update some days ago my printer driver was gone. I reinstalled it and thought all was good ... but after booting up next day my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lednam, Dec 8, 2015.

1. lednam Win User

Problem after big Win 10 update

After the BIG 3-4GB update some days ago my printer driver was gone.
    I reinstalled it and thought all was good ... but after booting up next day
    my network (ethernet cable) wasn´t working! I ran the diagnose test and
    got follwing message "Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol
    stack to the network adapter". And then I've tried everything I could find
    on Google ... reinstalled Ethernet card drivers, disabled some programs and
    antivirus ... as a last try I did a system recovery to the point before installing
    the printer again ... and the network was working.
    Then of course I had to try reinstall the usb-printer .... and the network was down
    again, simply deleting the printer didn't make any difference! I now have to
    choose between being able to use the Internet or the printer!!!
    Anyone experienced something like this? I would be grateful for some
    well-thought-out answers!

:)

lednam, Dec 8, 2015

2. when a big update in win 10 or win 10 pro comes, ... i will have choice to backup PC after apply update...?

when a big update in win 10 or win 10 pro comes, ... i will have choice to backup PC after apply update...?

Lse123polis, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps just freeze upon opening and Windows store app stopped downloading

OK, same problem here, I tried Bruce K JD metod, but didn't work. Btw. I must say that problems with mail app started after installing the last big update for Win 10, few day's ago. Any solution yet, or should we wait for next big update?

Zlatkovicm, Dec 8, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, wecome to tenforums. Hmm, no solution, just wondering what happens if you disable Windows automatic driver update?
    Device Driver Automatic Installation - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    more here:
    Take Back Control Over Driver Updates in Windows 10

When you reinstall your printer driver, can you confirm what the Dev Man shows for your network card
    - is the driver still installed but disabled?
    - is the driver uninstalled?

What happens if you disable 'Allow computer to turn off this device' in driver properties, power management?

dalchina, Dec 8, 2015
  5. lednam Win User
    The driver is installed and enabled!
    I have tried to disable 'Allow computer to turn off this device'

lednam, Dec 9, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    So this is what I understand:
    - when you install your printer driver, your internet connection fails.
    - both drivers are installed
    - your NIC driver is enabled
    - you cannot disable ''Allow computer to turn off this device'' for the NIC driver.

What happens when you try to do that? Nothing?

It might be interesting to try running this script, which used (when I had an occasional problem my NIC not working after resuming from hibernation in Win 8):

It's a compiled very very small autohotkey script- basically 2 commands to power down, power up.
    After I ran it, my ethernet internet connection worked again.

Whether this will help you.. well, you can only try. Unzip it and run the exe file.

disable & enable nic to enable internet after resume.zip

dalchina, Dec 9, 2015
  7. lednam Win User
    I´ve found this solution, and it worked!
    Go to Control Panel> Network and Internet > Network Sharing Center
    Click 'Change adapter settings' in left pane.
    Right click your adapter. Select 'properties'
    There will be a box headed 'This connection uses the following items.'

KEEP THESE CHECKED:

Client for Microsoft Networks
    QoS packet scheduler
    File and Printer Sharing
    Internet Protocol v6
    Internet Protocol v4
    Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O driver
    Link-Layer Topology Discovery Reminder

Uncheck everything else.
    Go back to the Network and Sharing menu, disable and re-enable the adapter. That should work.

These were the ones I unchecked
    General NDIS
    Microsoft LLDP
    Jumpstart Wireless

lednam, Dec 9, 2015
  8. dalchina New Member

Glad you found a fix. Hope it stays fixed! Thanks for telling us.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem after big Win 10 update - Similar Threads - Problem big update

2. 2004 update big problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2004 update big problems: I ran the 2004 update. It is problematic. The old path was C/Users/MyUserName where MyUserName is the username I chose but now it goes to C/Users/Temp.ComputerName.002. where ComputerName is the name I gave to my computer Microsoft Edge cannot find my favorites. All of the...
  3. Problems after latest Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after latest Win 10 update: some programs won't work after latest Win 10 update, and my password manager won't run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-after-latest-win-10-update/9c4a91d7-70b6-4236-8f76-7745a7984356
  4. HDMI Problem after Update win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Problem after Update win 10: I Have dell Inspiron 5567 I use to them my htc Vive, and they were working fine. But after the update they stopped, when I try to connect the VR google say I should connect them to property HDMI but I have only one, I did reinstall graphic drivers of both graphic htc...
  5. Big problems after installing KB4528760 update

Big problems after installing KB4528760 update: Hi! I got several problems after installing KB4528760 update. First problem is when I restart my computer. It is stuck on restarting screen for about 5 minutes then I get a blue screen before the computer starts up. After the computer has been on for a while like 1-2 hours...
  6. Laptop Freezes after big win 10 update launch

Laptop Freezes after big win 10 update launch: I have a lenovo Laptop T470s which comes with installed win 10 pro i am facing the problem from last 4 months whenever there is a big update launch laptop download the updates and try to install and freez on installing process (16 % ), and then i am unable to do any thing...
  7. Big problem after windows 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Big problem after windows 10 upgrade.: All was well in my digital world before windows 10, I thought it was the future for me but sadly it isn't the case, after a few weeks of use, the wireless adapter in my desktop stopped working on 10, it didn't cease to function, it disappeared without a trace from the device...
  8. Big problem after update cannot access windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Big problem after update cannot access windows: I have a big problem of access to windows. I updated my version of Windows 64bit, but after you restart, put my password as usual, but i see rotation start but i cannot acceso to window and come back to logon access ... Please help Hispa 39468
  9. BIG problems Win 10 Guru needed (Please)

BIG problems Win 10 Guru needed (Please): Hi everyone why is it that you only get 'problems' when playing with someone else's PC/Laptop !!!!!!*Sad Have just upgraded friends laptop - W7 to W10. Installation went well (as per many already done). This was done via a USB flashdrive. HOWEVER have hit a snag, which I...
  10. Had to Backout Big Win 10 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Had to Backout Big Win 10 Update: Whatever update happened yesterday gave me bad effects. The update was lengthy and added a slew of stuff - Cortana, Shopping, Weather - that I got rid of long ago. I've never had problems with updates before this. It was almost impossible to type, and some directories were...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to totaly disable qos packet scheduler and link layer topology in my network