Windows 10: Problem: Microsoft updates routinely delete an app

Discus and support Problem: Microsoft updates routinely delete an app in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This can't be right, but it happens. Not on every update, but at least 3-4 times since I installed Windows 10 Home. I'm running 1903 with build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bob2001(2), Sep 27, 2019.

1. Problem: Microsoft updates routinely delete an app

This can't be right, but it happens. Not on every update, but at least 3-4 times since I installed Windows 10 Home. I'm running 1903 with build 18362.356. But, I never know which update did it, because I only use the app 10-20 times per year.

One app seems to come pre-installed with Windows 10 - it is called Epson Print and Scan. That app is of no use - not sure why, perhaps because my scanner is so old. The app I need is downloaded from:

https://www.epson.eu/support?productID=323&language=en#product_search

It is a 2009 app that works perfectly, except that it is periodically deleted and gone, not only from my taskbar (where it is pinned) buy from my program library. I need to download a fresh copy, install it, pin it, and I'm ready to go. Google is sufficiently good at finding it that the whole process takes under 10 minutes (including the obligatory reboot at the end).

It just seemed strange to me that Microsoft, or anyone else, would take it upon themselves to periodically delete apps that the customer has installed. Any hope that this can be fixed so that I don't have to keep going through this?

:)

bob2001(2), Sep 27, 2019

2. Update problem with outlook App

Assuming "outlook app" = Win10's Mail app...

Step 1: Make sure your computer is completely up to date.

• HOW TO Run a manual check for updates in Win10

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/check-for-and-install-windows-update-in-windows-10.8952/

Step 2: Open the Mail app and delete/remove all accounts.

• Go to settings.
    • Manage accounts.
    • Click on your account
    • Remove this account from your device
    • Delete
    Step 3: Restart your computer.

Step 4: Open the Mail app & recreate the account anew.

• Add account.
    • Click Microsoft account
    • Add the account.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Update of an app fails due to "licensing problems"

Hello El-Gunsito - everyone.

For the symptoms you are describing, I would suggest the following steps:

• Delete the app from the Phone by tapping and holding on the app and then tapping “delete”.
    • Go back to Marketplace and reinstall the app.
    If that doesn’t work:

• Turn off the phone, remove the battery for 30 - 60 seconds, replace the battery and restart the phone. Removing the battery may not be absolutely necessary but I don't want to tell you to try it later Problem: Microsoft updates routinely delete an app :)
    • Repeat the first 2 steps above.
    Let us know if this works.

Best regards.

J Woods - MSFT, Sep 27, 2019
  4. bestellen Win User

Problem: Microsoft updates routinely delete an app

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Problem: Microsoft updates routinely delete an app

1. Problem: Microsoft updates routinely delete an app - Similar Threads - Problem Microsoft updates

2. Microsoft store apps updating problem.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store apps updating problem.: I have been using Microsoft store on windows 10 for a while and never had faced this type of problem. Few days ago, I opened my Microsoft store but was unable to update my apps. When, I clicked on update or download the download doesn't even started. I thought that it is a...
  3. Microsoft store apps updating problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store apps updating problem.: I have been using Microsoft store on windows 10 for a while and never had faced this type of problem. Few days ago, I opened my Microsoft store but was unable to update my apps. When, I clicked on update or download the download doesn't even started. I thought that it is a...
  4. Microsoft store apps updating problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem updating apps in Microsoft Store

Problem updating apps in Microsoft Store: Hi, I would like to report that I have a problem related to updating apps in Microsoft Store on Windows 10 build 20H2. Whenever I try to update the applications in the Microsoft Store I cannot update them, I want to know what the problem will be that I cannot update the...
  6. Problem updating apps in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem updating apps in Microsoft Store: Hi, I would like to report that I have a problem related to updating apps in Microsoft Store on Windows 10 build 20H2. Whenever I try to update the applications in the Microsoft Store I cannot update them, I want to know what the problem will be that I cannot update the...
  7. Problem updating apps in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Problem in updating Apps in Microsoft Store

Problem in updating Apps in Microsoft Store: Hi,I wanted to report a problem regarding the apps update in Microsoft Store in Windows 10 build 20H2. Whenever I tried to update the apps in Microsoft Store...
  9. Problem With Deleting App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem With Deleting App: problem: I had an issue with the epic games launcher where it flashed on and off constantly. I deleted it off the homepage, and am trying to reinstall it. I still get notifications from the app, and when I try to reinstall, it says that the app is already running. I've looked...
  10. Problem in updating Apps in Microsoft Store

Problem in updating Apps in Microsoft Store: Hi, I wanted to report a problem regarding the apps update in Microsoft Store in Windows 10 build 2004. Whenever I tried to update the apps in Microsoft Store[ATTACH] First this window comes and then this comes: [ATTACH] And when I click on See Details then this windows...