Windows 10: Problem opening jpeg pics in W10

Discus and support Problem opening jpeg pics in W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi After reloading W10 due to it being unable to restore any points I then installed the huge Creative update after being told this would fix it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Laz2017, May 27, 2017.

1. Laz2017 Win User

Problem opening jpeg pics in W10

Hi

After reloading W10 due to it being unable to restore any points I then installed the huge Creative update after being told this would fix it which I believe the Autumn update caused the facility to restore defunct. Now I can't open any jpeg picture just by double-clicking on it. I can by opening a photo inside any viewing app program but not by double-clicking it. Even after making any app a default it still doesn't open the jpeg. The app default window springs up every time I tick the box and asks 'how do you want to open this file?' and I tick the 'always use this app to open jpeg files' box but nothing else happens apart from the desktop refreshing and the window opening again. I've run the troubleshooter for installed apps and it told me there is a problem. Then it told me 'not fixed'. I ran a sfc but there's nothing wrong. Any ideas?

TIA

:)

Laz2017, May 27, 2017

2. Windows 10 Photo App TWINUI

Cannot now open jpeg photos with the default photo app for Windows 10, recently downloaded from new HP purchase. Options from the Open With menu do not include an app. that will work (except Paint, which is not preferable app). Current system does not
    include Windows Photo Viewer app. Message shows Class Not Registered. Tried to change default app. that would open jpeg photos but there is not an app. on the system that is available. Have run diagnostics check to see if TWINUI app. is corrupt, or any
    other apps corrupt, and system ops is clean. Is there an upgrade or update for Windows 10 that can resolve this problem. Interestingly, when I moved all my pics over from an external hard drive, they all opened fine. Downloading recent pics from my iPAD,
    had no problem. Had a glitch with downloading 4 pics from my iPhone, now no pics will open. Any advice or any known fixes? I have rechecked several of the older photos, and recent downloaded pics, all are jpeg format.

Sure could use some help asap. Thanks fh

FrankHayesWJ, May 27, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Photo Viewer

Have an end user that was trying to use viewer to open a few jpegs that was on our company’s network drive. One pic opened fine then the others would take a two minute or so to open. The viewer would seat on a black screen and then after a few moments
    open the jpeg.

Any thoughts?

waynechambers, May 27, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi,
    1. Problems with System Restore and failing to restore are far from uncommon.
    There's a huge thread on error 80070091 for example, with the outcome, if that's the error you were having.

2. I'm wondering what sort of 'reload' you did of Win 10?
    - reset? in-place upgrade repair install?

Then you
    - was that an update or a clean install (which you could have done, had you wished).

It's not worth such massive activities simply to fix system restore- it can fail for a variety of reasons, and some people here use it if it happens to work, but don't rely on it, or prefer to use disk imaging alone - which is a far more complete and comprehensive way of making sure you can recover your PC to a working state, and which we highly recommend.

JPEG issues.
    1. What error did the troubleshooter give you?
    2. If you clean installed the creator's edition, I would hope there wasn't a problem with the universal apps. (See question above).
    3. What are you trying to associate jpegs with? Photos? A desktop program?
    4. Please post a screenshot like this:

Problem opening jpeg pics in W10 [​IMG]

5. Does Photos open successfully?

And there is this
    Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

dalchina, May 27, 2017
  5. Laz2017 Win User
    I've tried the Powershell fix for photos but the problem remains. I've made Photos the default app in the settings too for opening photos but the problem remains. I've run the apps troubleshooter downloaded from M$ which said there was corruption and afterwards it said 'fixed'. But the problem remains.

Many thanks for replying.

Laz2017, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem opening jpeg pics in W10 - Similar Threads - Problem opening jpeg

2. Jpeg pics and Videos coped from Android phone to my desktop does not open anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jpeg pics and Videos coped from Android phone to my desktop does not open anymore: I copied very important pics in Jpeg format and videos from One Plus Seven as a backup to my desktop with windows 10 and now the files have changed the storage size to 24 GB for each file and when I try to open i n my desktop it does not open and it says that the file may be...
  3. Jpeg pics and Videos coped from Android phone to my desktop does not open anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jpeg pics and Videos coped from Android phone to my desktop does not open anymore: I copied very important pics in Jpeg format and videos from One Plus Seven as a backup to my desktop with windows 10 and now the files have changed the storage size to 24 GB for each file and when I try to open i n my desktop it does not open and it says that the file may be...
  4. Problem with opening jpeg files on tablet/windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with opening jpeg files on tablet/windows 10: Hello, has there been any updates lately which have caused a problem with viewing of jpg files ie photos, on tablets on a desktop ? I am getting an error message saying the file type is not supported or the file is corrupted. This is happening with both of my tablets. Jpg...
  5. Problem with opening jpeg files on tablet/windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with opening jpeg files on tablet/windows 10: Hello, has there been any updates lately which have caused a problem with viewing of jpg files ie photos, on tablets on a desktop ? I am getting an error message saying the file type is not supported or the file is corrupted. This is happening with both of my tablets. Jpg...
  6. opening pic screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening pic screen: How do I get rid of the annoying comments on my opening windows screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-pic-screen/de286115-efd1-4a0a-b011-a0f262d13988
  7. Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files: Hello Windows 10 can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files in Photo viewer/Photos/Paint app. windows edition - Windows 10 Pro windows version - 2004 Installed on - 2020-07-16 OS build - 19041.388 Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  8. Cannot open Jpegs

Cannot open Jpegs: Hi, I am unable to open jpegs in Windows. I click on a file and I get a pop up stating 'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.' I have watched countless videos on YouTube claiming a miracle...
  9. Can't open pics ...!

Can't open pics ...!: Dear Community ; Its my first time trying this out . I have pictures I have took , I'm trying to rearrange in my files , but they won't open . I can click on them but not open , I was wondering is there anything I can do to open ? Thank you...
  10. Opening JPEG files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening JPEG files: How can I get Windows 10 to open my JPEG files? The system suddenly decided to tell me it was unable to open my photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-jpeg-files/a69fd195-ca55-4a53-acf0-87e0a756b387